Advice on what to do (bodyshop)

I would go with the V5. The P2000 suits the widebody better.
I did the the second bootlid thing and 5/6 years later I have never changed it.
Clean GC8 bootlids aren't ten a penny anymore either.
Also i think you should get this car out of there while you can as there is good momentum there to get the car finished.
Adding work gives this lad another excuse.

I agree with the lads. You've had enough time away from the car, get it done and get it out.

Personally I like the way the P2000 spoiler looks, but for it to take more time, it's simply not worth it.

Agree with the lads regarding get the car outa there as quickly as possible, while the going is good....

I like the P2000 spoiler ,brings a nice difference imo....

At the end of the day it's your car ....go with the spoiler that you will be happiest with.......I suspect you have a preferred option in mind...

Just my 2c.......finish line getting nearer πŸ‘πŸ‘

Great to see the car coming together and soon finished hopefully. It's looking mighty and cannot wait to see it in the flesh 😍

What I can say from experience ( modified bonnet,front bumper and rear bumper) is that when you put something other than original parts on a car it can be a bit of a shock... At first - it happened to me with my bonnet and front bumper - but it's like grass, it grows on you. After a few weeks it's like it was meant to be there.
Both spoilers are lovely on the car. Purists would say "OEM" only, however some modernization and some modifications done right, really add to the car and make it more personal and unique.
You obviously bought the p2000 spoiler because you liked the look of it and had a vision of it in your mind , looking cool as fu*k on your car. It's your car, do what you want with it. fu*k everyone else's opinions- no offence to everyone else who posted Their opinionsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚-
If you go with your original idea, I guarantee it will grow on you.

Thanks for the opinions lads on the P2000 spoiler. I take on board all the comments.

I have decided to go with the P2000 spoiler with my current boot lid for two reasons.

1) I have the L'aunsport WRC rear bumper so the P2000 matches up quite well with it.
2) The thoughts of sourcing another boot lid and giving it to this bodyshop to prep and paint filled me dread. The car could still be there for another 6 months waiting on that work to be done. He had the P2000 spoiler since last March and only painted this week! So my preference was to avoid at all costs any action by me that would give him an excuse to further delay.

and probably a third reason...I think it looks great. I like the top half of the spoiler that extends out the back (picture attached)

Perhaps at some point down the road I might source another boot lid (maybe in carbon and have it painted) and fit the OEM spoiler to that but the goal right now is to get the bodywork finished and out of that place.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
UPDATE MARCH 07th 2024

Got sent some WhatsApp pictures this morning. WE ARE ALMOST THERE GENTLEMEN, WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!

Spoiler is on.
Side window mouldings are on.

Left to do
1) mount side skirts
2) fog lamp covers are being painted as I type
3) final cut and polish

I may be able to see it finished tomorrow.

Attachments

• f16b1a88-bd8a-4901-a066-31f3f6f667c5.JPG
    f16b1a88-bd8a-4901-a066-31f3f6f667c5.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 41
  • b8ebab8d-05f2-40ac-87ac-9bfdf3fc6a0f.JPG
    b8ebab8d-05f2-40ac-87ac-9bfdf3fc6a0f.JPG
    389.5 KB · Views: 41
  • db59847e-e457-4eae-8876-a5a334f159ad.jpg
    db59847e-e457-4eae-8876-a5a334f159ad.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 41
UPDATE MARCH 07th 2024

Got sent some WhatsApp pictures this morning. WE ARE ALMOST THERE GENTLEMEN, WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!

Spoiler is on.
Side window mouldings are on.

Left to do
1) mount side skirts
2) fog lamp covers are being painted as I type
3) final cut and polish

I may be able to see it finished tomorrow.
Thank fucking God πŸ™Œ your one patient man Andy fairplay to you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

To be fair, I'll give it to ya, I'd have had it out ages ago and probably have it half done in my yard now. Getting very close now man. By god you better bring it to a meet when tis all done lol

Back