2020 Toyota GR Yaris detailed - plus our prototype drive

I’d love one too! Hopefully new sales are good in Ireland and UK and this will eventually transfer down to a good selection of second hand models.

Interesting about the seat, wonder was it an oversight and only one seat produced in a smaller frame size for the JDM market as opposed o
Who knows how much they’ll be to import from U.K. if they slap an extra33% vat and duty on U.K. prices, might be very expensive

focus rs was about the same price in2016, a sti would have been 63k to buy knew at the same time, car prices have generally being going up too, sure Irish prices are mad but the Yaris doesn’t seem the worst to me

A45 and Rs3 stuff 75 plus..

yes 50k on a Toyota just stupid but look at the prices of our cars new 15 years ago mad aswell...gotta look at how special the build & engine is and fact its a proper Homologation build....and forget about fact its a "Yaris" ...difficult i know.

Fact that Toyota built it is amazing enough with a Ev Fridge being released each week now..

I wasn’t putting the car down whatsoever, I had about 10 starlets n/a and turbos , a gt4 celica , mr2 turbo throughout the years,
it’s more directed our countries registration taxes. €20k in the difference between here and Germany is madness

I wasn’t putting the car down whatsoever, I had about 10 starlets n/a and turbos , a gt4 celica , mr2 turbo throughout the years,
it’s more directed our countries registration taxes. €20k in the difference between here and Germany is madness
I know that Barry same here👍 ..nuts country for petrol heads.

Mate in Germany 🇩🇪 told me before thats there's no tax (in the pricing of the car) for Germans that buy German cars there ..they really do have it nailed 👏

Last edited:
He's extremely punchable

He moved to Germany 🇩🇪 😄😃

Attachments

• p5ze6k7hewi51.jpg
    p5ze6k7hewi51.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 4
If I wasn't building a massive garage next year I would really be interested in one of these. Just don't have the free cash at the moment. Looks to be a cracking motor

I don't get the hype this car is getting at all. Maybe I'm getting old or something but.

Imo it's not a great looking car
Yes! Nice power but there can't be much left for tuning on a 3 cylinder.
Price is expensive and it doesn't look anything like the rally car version.

Also manufactures were making this power and better looking 25 years ago.

Is it just me??

It’s just you Johnny
What 260-270 bhp 4wd 1200kg small car like that did they make before .
yes the price is high But it’s great to see cars like this still being made

It’s exciting Johnny and people from all walks of life , no matter if on a shoe string budget to millionaires with super cars are interested.
The new wrc car in that body will be out in ‘22 , with everything going on they decided to use the old car for ‘21 .
I agree it’s too dear here but lads will still buy.

An r5 polo or fiesta are the same spec . 1200kg 270-300hp and a cage and there 180-200k That road going Yaris is 55-58 yes not cheap but a lot of car when you look at it I the bigger picture

Back