2020 Toyota GR Yaris detailed - plus our prototype drive

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
1.6 Turbo 4 wdr around 260 bhp light and wide body

Good job toyota[emoji106]

2020 Toyota GR Yaris detailed - plus our prototype drive

Spiritual successor to the Celica GT-Four is a true homologation special

https://www.evo.co.uk/toyota/yaris/202068/2020-toyota-gr-yaris-detailed-plus-our-prototype-drive

https://youtu.be/I31ox7PewL4

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
cf2401b7913c978ef9d7c77ca9f8fd3f.jpg

1878600f86cb9a0c23076c71d11d43dd.jpg

Last edited:
theres one here grabs with a bit of luck :D

Getting great reviews everywhere, toyota are losing money on these cars but dont care apparently, great to see companies like Toyota still making cars like these and not totally succumbing to the green movement 👏

Thats all because of this Legend

Been on a mission to make Toyota exciting again

Pushing the Gr brand forward even entered himself into the Nurburgring 24 hour under a false name and drove with the team

Ball park 52-60 depending on what want . 1100-1200 kg 260hp 4wd . Be a great combination once twisty stuff. Be interesting to see how much differance there would Comared to an sti

Few that have been on dynos seem to be delivering 280 hp and 270 lb-ft.

Very good 👍 Special little engine

Ball park 52-60 depending on what want . 1100-1200 kg 260hp 4wd . Be a great combination once twisty stuff. Be interesting to see how much differance there would Comared to an sti

The price here is a bit shocking , Toyota Australia offers the first 1000 cars at $39,995 Australian dollars which is roughly €24-25,000 ,John Ra said they are apparently £35,000 starting price in the uk

Apex Nurburg paid €35k for theirs and the starting price is €30k

that drag race isn’t exactly like for like, the track looks wet so of course the civic us going to struggle for grip, tyres would maje a big difference too

Price of everything here new is a shocker baz new Civic type R 57 here crazy.

Remember many moons 🌙 ago when in the motor trade that we had the lowest pre tax car price in Europe..then the government lash on the taxes say its the same case threase days.

Nuts.

that drag race isn’t exactly like for like, the track looks wet so of course the civic us going to struggle for grip, tyres would maje a big difference too
Civic definitely quicker if road dry..

But civic 320 Bhp so would want to be.

Gotta love the underdog though.

Last edited:
The price here is a bit shocking , Toyota Australia offers the first 1000 cars at $39,995 Australian dollars which is roughly €24-25,000 ,John Ra said they are apparently £35,000 starting price in the uk

Apex Nurburg paid €35k for theirs and the starting price is €30k
60k in Norway and nearer 90k in Singapore...

for 56k here with circuit pack not a miilion miles away from similar cars here

I sat in in one during the week, I didn’t want to be dishing the car after getting a sneak preview but car Really needs recaro seats or similarm the ones in it are ok but not great, I couldn’t get over how high the seating position is, I’m not necessarily saying it’s a bad thing and quite suited to the twistes

60k in Norway and nearer 90k in Singapore...

for 56k here with circuit pack not a miilion miles away from similar cars here

I sat in in one during the week, I didn’t want to be dishing the car after getting a sneak preview but car Really needs recaro seats or similarm the ones in it are ok but not great, I couldn’t get over how high the seating position is, I’m not necessarily saying it’s a bad thing and quite suited to the twistes
Mad money , it’s a great car and I’d love one over a golf R or an A45 amg but it’s not at the level they are 35-40k for a car like that from Toyota is enough. 55k is mental .

yeah the seat height is an issue that’s been flagged so hopefully will be addressed

I’d love one too! Hopefully new sales are good in Ireland and UK and this will eventually transfer down to a good selection of second hand models.

Interesting about the seat, wonder was it an oversight and only one seat produced in a smaller frame size for the JDM market as opposed to Europe.

A45 and Rs3 stuff 75 plus..

yes 50k on a Toyota just stupid but look at the prices of our cars new 15 years ago mad aswell...gotta look at how special the build & engine is and fact its a proper Homologation build....and forget about fact its a "Yaris" ...difficult i know.

Fact that Toyota built it is amazing enough with a Ev Fridge being released each week now..

Back