2015 Honda Type R Thread

And arrogance from sales people is the other bane of the motor trade big lad .

Myself and the missus weren't even acknowledged in several large dealerships across dublin last year .money in the pocket ready to buy . Only interested in whoever came in wearing a suit and looked to have a few bob .

Not a dig at you lad just an observation

I totally agree Tommy with you I've seen it and heard of it from people who were splashing 100k on a car.

Some sales men have a snobbish attitude towards buyers depending on how they dress etc...
I know this from over 15 years in the biggest dealers in Dublin.

The owner of my local boozer went to buy a new S-Class a few years back for cash...... In a huge Dublin dealer.
He was told "maybe you should look at something in your price range"......

Met him the following Friday night,he told me said story. made a call to a sales guy in work, bought the car the following Monday form the dealer I was in.
I got a few bob for set up everybody happy!

You would think with pcp these days every punter is a sale?

Father had a simular issue in a well know and still there mercedes dealer in South county dublin to buy a new merc (no taste I know ) basically got same treatment your mate got . Probably because he was in his work gear (builder) . Went over to alo kavanaghs and totally different response , deal done job oxo . Still buys from the same sales man after alo shut up shop .

Dunno who in their right mind carries on a business like that .

J*sus that focus sounds tough to beat, likened to a EVO? Not sure about that, and nothing I like more than a good slating of a golf :)

engineering that looks absolutely sublime...not a hard choice ..

I disagree Yea the focus is head and shoulders above the civic but as for looking sublime I'm not with you on that one
It's a world car now so just looks soft to me
Yea id have one all day long but this is how they have kept the cost down
New running gear in old rs would be fantastic win win
Maybe in a few years as they get crashed we will soon see this modification happen.

f69aab39-626x382.jpg
Or this I know what I'd be picking
FocusRS-NYTimeSquare-01_HR-e1438309318463.jpg

Attachments

• f69aab39-626x382.jpg
    f69aab39-626x382.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 33
  • FocusRS-NYTimeSquare-01_HR-e1438309318463.jpg
    FocusRS-NYTimeSquare-01_HR-e1438309318463.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 33
In fairness though, and I'm a firm believer it should have been widebody and 2 door. Ford have nailed it forget about ireland but think the rest of the world it's the most potent and good value hatch ever made, and I'll be first to admit the look is growing on me, I for one wouldn't choose anything else on the market at tge minute and includes the sti

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt it's going to fly out the door for them and as you say they have nailed it.
Great value for money.
Can't wait to see one in the flesh.

Had a good look at a Rs at Goodwood it's very restrained looking in my opinion very along the same lines of the Golf R.

No doubt be a great car though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back