2015 Honda Type R Thread

So apparently there's a massive issue with the valve set up on engines built in all places.... Ohio..... I am very much of the opinion that slapping a turbo on a K series engine is a very very very bad idea, it just won't cope with the extra power on a daily basis and apparently Honda have run out if parts for them to. Customers who ordered their early in the year and we're due September October are still waiting. I hope the new rs wipes the floor with this mess of a thing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Seen a blue type r in Mullingar yesterday. Looked savage
Rare sight....Honda have pushed back all deliveries to March sixteen. And their going to run them off in colour batches...some joke....Honda have made an absolute balls of this car

And here's the proof....who would have thought this would all back fire for Honda so badly

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/150989/watchdog-customer-cancels-type-r-after-unexplained-delay

jesus thats bad pr for the new type r, was always a big fan of honda type r, s having owned and driven dc2, dc5, ek and ep3 type rs but i have to admit id buy the focus rs over this new one any day and thats coming from a man that has never owned a ford before, just a better package imo

Fairly major problem . Imagine putting down your deposit but not knowing when you'll get your car ........

Reckon ford must be laughing here . Vw in hot water over emissions (might hit golf r sales )

Subaru sti has ice cap melting emissions

Honda can't build type r's

What other competition have the rs boys got .

I know what I'd be buying . Rs all the way

I've had four type r cars and I'm also a huge Honda fan but it's absolutely disgusting what Honda are doing to loyal customers and type r fans. That's one of many cancellations I've come across.

Rumour is Japan kicked up a stink and Japanese customers are getting their cars before UK and Europe and at a lower price by about 4k.

Rare sight....Honda have pushed back all deliveries to March sixteen. And their going to run them off in colour batches...some joke....Honda have made an absolute balls of this car

Must have been a diesel tarted up, was sure it had big brakes and all. Hardly a fresh jap import ?

Issues with valves being assembled in the heads in USA.

One UK owner has hairline cracks in his thermostat housing, pissing coolant all over the engine bay. Honda don't know when they can get parts to sort it and also told him they're not in a position to give him a courtesy car indefinitely either. That itself is disgraceful for ANY new car. Think UK law will also allow him to demand a full refund.

Back