Who still daily drives their Subaru? 😜

Interesting to hear how it is for most of us.

I been racking my brain tbh with not daily driving the Subaru but nothing comes close to the sheer thrill of driving it even doing mundane trips to the shop. We have her Cupra that I can use anytime but I still take the Subaru over it. Mind you, its a much more civilised daily and very relaxing to drive with loads of toys... But it still feels a bit too clinical. Anything that I have been considering as a replacement is either way overpriced or doesn't offer the same driving dynamics or is just lacking in excitement. Think through my own journey with the car I been the architect of my own demise πŸ˜‚

@ hassan, keep driving the wagon daily as long as you can, great example of a well modded scooby,looks great, sounds great, goes great and has practicality

@Ciaran, don't really know yet, have an itch for a mk3 rs focus but may keep the i30n , just did a mini restoration of a mk3 mr2 with my dad , 140 bhp but great fun to drive , have that as weekend car now shows I'm getting oldπŸ‘΄πŸ€ͺπŸ‘

But , I could change my mind in about 10 minutes again

Thanks for the kind words. I have to say, it's super practical and there is regularly myself, the wife and 3 kids in it. Only other wagon that would do it for me is an Audi Rs4/Rs6 but they are stupid money.

Interesting to hear how it is for most of us.

I been racking my brain tbh with not daily driving the Subaru but nothing comes close to the sheer thrill of driving it even doing mundane trips to the shop. We have her Cupra that I can use anytime but I still take the Subaru over it. Mind you, its a much more civilised daily and very relaxing to drive with loads of toys... But it still feels a bit too clinical. Anything that I have been considering as a replacement is either way overpriced or doesn't offer the same driving dynamics or is just lacking in excitement. Think through my own journey with the car I been the architect of my own demise πŸ˜‚
^^^.this is exactly it.
I think that it is the sheer thrill and excitement of these cars that does it for us.
Maybe were all just nuts, but fu*k me, when I floor it, at a set of lights, and leave brand new golfs gti's ( insert car of your choice here)wondering what the fu*k just happened... It makes me HAPPY!!
On the other hand i'm half terrified of driving it hard , in case I destroy the engine (again) because some clown didn't remap the ECU correctly...
I totally understand why people don't drive their rare and expensive to run, cars daily,I get it- but why did people buy their Subaru initially?
Because there just fucking deadly.

^^^.this is exactly it.
I think that it is the sheer thrill and excitement of these cars that does it for us.
Maybe were all just nuts, but fu*k me, when I floor it, at a set of lights, and leave brand new golfs gti's ( insert car of your choice here)wondering what the fu*k just happened... It makes me HAPPY!!
On the other hand i'm half terrified of driving it hard , in case I destroy the engine (again) because some clown didn't remap the ECU correctly...
I totally understand why people don't drive their rare and expensive to run, cars daily,I get it- but why did people buy their Subaru initially?
Because there just fucking deadly.
Well said & agree nothing like em every time I get into a modern car as refined and easy to drive as they are im just bored the Scoobys are just so good to drive proper mechanical steering handling and feedback..

..yes makes zero sence but life is short give em Road πŸ™‚πŸ’ͺ

Fyi if your worried bout car going pop get it mapped by someone u trust asap don't wait πŸ‘

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220318-084130_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220318-084130_Instagram.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 14
Have been driving turbo Impreza's as my daily since 2002,
Was covering around 25k Miles a year up to around 2008, But down to around 6-8K miles since then, I'm afraid to calculate how much I've spent on petrol over that time,
it's reeeeeeeally hard to replace it, I find it fierce frustrating when driving other peoples cars, I'm usually saying " if I was in my own car, I'd be gone by now!!!! "

Man up Johnny 🀣 I drove a legacy to the Nurburgring and back not a bother you ain’t that much Older maybe even younger πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘
Holden be in a different league all right πŸ‘ enjoy day 2 πŸ‘πŸ‘

πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ
Been daily driving mine almost a year I’ve said to myself just one more week for the last 8 months until eventually I sold my second choice so I wouldn’t have a choice only to bring the Impreza πŸ˜‚
Relatively new to the Subaru scene after being a Honda head for years and BMWs but nothing else compares to the Subaru πŸ˜‚

Attachments

• 97995FFB-76A3-4983-A4E7-D937DD6C845D.png
    97995FFB-76A3-4983-A4E7-D937DD6C845D.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 17
Use it as my daily driver for the past 12 years. No intention of changing that anytime soon either. Still love the rumble and sitting into it every morning. My daughter keeps insisting on having it as her 1st car. She is 6 so has a fair bit of time to waitπŸ˜‚

2003 Forester XT (remapped by AP), daily driver here. Working from home the past few years has meant very low mileage but all the same. As above, I will never ever tire of starting the engine and hearing that rumble. Coincidentally was talking to my father today about how the cost of these seems to have rocketed recently and how the smart thing to do would be to garage it up and keep it for a few years as an investment. Both of us concluded the same thing - where would be the fun in that? As long as it's going, I'll drive it, and I'll enjoy it.

Also Duffman I take offence at your "real subaru" comment. I've even gone outside since and put my hand on the bonnet to be sure - it's definitely real :p

Thread revival - sad day in the parish this week coming (if all goes well). The Subaru will be retired from daily duties for a more civilised daily driver (still fun to drive imho with an auto box - no it's not a Golf R).

Having the new daily has made me appreciate even more how special it was to get to drive the Subaru. Pleased in the end that I bought a daily car. Still a fun car.

PXL_20221101_231219223.jpg

2007 Vw Golf Gti Mk5 Dsg - with heated leather front seats and ac. Very comfy daily and great craic to drive even at low speeds. Needs a bit of tlc but nothing major. I'll have it done the way I'd like to in no time 😁

14 odd years as a daily in the bug . Got a golf6 gtd for more civilised driving . Drive both now . Find myself driving golf quicker around as not as ignorant but then appriciate the scoob more getting back into it .

Back