What do I need to know when buying??

I checked out this one => http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=564291

The mileage of 50k interested me, but the price I needed to discuss.

Anyway, the actual mileage on the car was 80,000, the brakes were very soft, the engine was dirty(which might or might not matter), and the turbo gauge didnt work.

So I asked the guy whats he going to do on the price since its got 30K miles more. And he said he wont do anything.

I handed back the keys and walked away, a bit shocked that the car is so inaccurately described, with no negotiation on price.

Your not alone mate, if he cann't be honest about the basics then I wouldn't trust anything else he had to say, Theres alway give on the price of a car so make sure your not looking to needy when talking to the people selling them, do up a question list and get answers to them all take your time and don't be rushed of a topic until you have the answer you want and this goes with out saying, bring someone along that knows something about the car if you don't, always worth getting some one to look at it. Happy hunting.

Back