What do I need to know when buying??

fu*k, im really disappointed about that.

I thought I was getting a bargain! Let the buyer beware!

I should have known for the money. Looks like im goin to have to add a good bit to my car to get a WRX as cosmetically nice.

But a MAJOR BIG THANK YOU to all who warned me off of it.

[quote author=smidsy link=topic=1307.msg11083#msg11083 date=1169506981]
DAMN! But thank god also, could have blown my money on a piece of crap.

Yep, its the same car!

Its marked as 13,950, but on sale on the net for 12,450, which made it very tempting for me.

As mentioned before, its completly spotless on the outside, inside drivers seat has a rip.

I thought the engine bay was a bit dirty, but it looked like grime to me, but im no expert and I take the advice of the several people.

Just curious, but are all Imprezas not trashed?
[/quote]

as with all high performance cars you will get some that have been thrashed by muppets but there are always good ones out there to be got, dont give up but just make sure you get a good mechanic thats at least familiar with scoobies to look at one before you buy.

George

There is a big difference between a car thats 'trashed' and a car that's driven hard but well looked after  ;)
Nobody buys a Scooby to drive around at 20mph.... but there are a hell of alot of people who drive it hard and don't change/use the correct oil and petrol and think the car will go on forever  :wall:

The right car will come along for you but you are at a bit of a dis-advantage having to trade your car in..

Alan.

quote author=P1 Alan link=topic=1307.msg11160#msg11160 date=1169583980]

The right car will come along for you but you are at a bit of a this-advantage having to trade your car in..

Alan.

very true ... I'm gonna be shot for saying this but I was nearly a year looking at evo7/8s and couldn't get a good clean car that was up to my high standrards :noway: and I ended up buying the sti and don't regret it for one minute.. ya it likes petrol stations but its worth it all.. love it to bits.. if and when you buy one you won't regret it thats for sure :subaru:

C glad i told u to post a picture now :)

U should check out the For Sale section on here theres some nice motors going on there from time to time.

Dont worry im sure ul find the car for you.

ha i just love the sound of the exhaust its too tempting not to put the boot down a bit but i dont drive the stones out of it and the oil is changed every 5000 kms
[quote author=maximusbiggus link=topic=1307.msg11073#msg11073 date=1169504079]
It looks like the motor right on the green hills road in dublin I think...
@kildare scooby... I get round 380+ k to a full tank with varied driving style... You must have a 10tonne foot permanently welded to the floor!! :lol:

@smidsy... It should more than likely have an owners manual if it is an Irish car. People don't tend to lose something like that. Jap ones won't because they are useless (in Japanese) and they get stolen from the cars at the docks. The dealer shouldn't "think" its an Irish or UK car. They know an awful lot more than they let you know... They'll tell you they "think" its an STI if thats what you want to hear!!

RE: Seats, I'm sure if you really like and want the car and nothing else is holding you back besides the seats, you can get them re-padded with softer foam...
[/quote]

Id buy Paddy GT's one with the blown engine and spend the rest on a nice forged engine and a few more mods. But I suppose your droping down the years which you may not want to do.

Hey all,

There some nice cars, unfortunitly I cant buy privately yet.

There's a possibility of selling my car to a colleague, but she has to arrange financing etc. So its iffy whether that will happen.

If it does, then im sorted, as I will have much more buying power.

Id be very reluctant to buy a 99, im limiting myself to 00 or newer.

I know I wont get an STi for the cash I have, so classic shape 2 litre turbo, or WRX.

They are very nice cars though, and Ill check them out if I can confirm a cash sale on my car.

i'd defo test drive new shape and old shape to see wat you rather............. i'll be going 03 sti back to 00 classic project...

Back