What did you do to your car today?

been failing cars with non standard hids for some time now . basically if they havent got a self leveling system and headlamp washers and a few other bits there illegal . nothing worse than badly fitted hids blinding on coming traffic

What's the story there
If you fit a hid kit as in replace the bulbs do they have to be readjusted ?
One of my inverters packed in so I just took mine out
But I might fit another set
I don't mind swooping them out for the NCT
But I don't want to be blinding people either

They are even failing factory fit hids now which seems ridiculous, Dave a new member on here who has my old legacy was failed on them and has to get a letter from Subaru before they will pass the car.

not totally sure colm just know a mate of mine was selling the kits and gave up on them when they became an nct fail . something about the way the light is reflected in the lense 2 I was told . non hid lamps wont disperse the light correctly. personally anyone with out of focus headlights be they standard or hid should be fined at keast imo . many a morning ive been blinded by these clowns . but the rsa would rather focus on the huge problem of boyracers .

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=30408.msg479452#msg479452 date=1401908971]
They are even failing factory fit hids now which seems ridiculous, Dave a new member on here who has my old legacy was failed on them and has to get a letter from Subaru before they will pass the car.
[/quote]

thats a joke all together

Serviced car.
New engine oil, new filter.
New grarbox oil as well.
New air filter.

Next one will be timing belt and spark plugs.
Subaru mechanic said me today that my ride is awesome as it is driving like a new one. And he likes sound of it :)

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=30408.msg479465#msg479465 date=1401910662]
splitter on there yet .?????
[/quote]
Not Yet Tommy.
Will have to get bolts tomoro or so (was busy at work and had no time to go to hardware shop).
Will update you on it.

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=30408.msg479414#msg479414 date=1401876527]
Are they factory hid or your car??
[/quote]

They're not factory so it's a straight fail as Tommy has said. It's as simple as that.
It doesnt matter if they are set correctly and not blinding.
It's annoying because everything passed on the NCT sheet, even the 'Head Light Aim'. I just had a note at the end in the Visual/Aural Defects section saying "HID bulb fitted in a non HID-Lamp" - Fail/Refusal.

I've taken them out now and I don't think I'll put them back in because it's not like I can declare them as a mod for insurance when they won't pass the nct, and if I had to make an insurance claim, I'm sure they won't pay out if I've got illegal lights on the car.

Fitted splitter. Colm was on hangover but helped me (more I helped him, fair play).
Unfortunately my camera died so have Pics on my mobile (my main one went for repair so I am using old iphone 4, quality is far from good).
Before:
heny8ysa.jpg

In middle of preparation:
jysevaze.jpg

And after, two Pics:
e8umujuh.jpg
ypuju2ut.jpg

[quote author=p1impreza link=topic=30408.msg479833#msg479833 date=1402245138]
Makes the front more purposeful now,

Just mind it when parking
[/quote]

and speed ramps

and multistory car park ramps

and anything else bigger than a catseye on the road

looks great

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=30408.msg479835#msg479835 date=1402246244]
[quote author=p1impreza link=topic=30408.msg479833#msg479833 date=1402245138]
Makes the front more purposeful now,

Just mind it when parking
[/quote]

and speed ramps

and multistory car park ramps

and anything else bigger than a catseye on the road

looks great
[/quote]
TBH it is not too bad.
Suspension is not lowered yet so had no problems yet on my usual way.

Ive been thinking about it for a while but decided it was time to debadge the back of the STI... Im happy with the results :thumbsup:

Before

And after

Finally fitted the quick rack from TypeRA limited

Here's a difference (at the top is the standard type-R STi fast rack 15:1, at the bottom the quick rack 13:1) look at the notches! :)

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

Took me about 2 hours to replace it so not too bad :)
I mounted it on the new SuperPro polybushes.

IMG_3389.jpg

btw. if someone is looking for one, the part number for the original STi Type-RA ltd quick rack is 34110FA092 :thumbsup:

Back