Wanted impreza

@Adam-r I have learned the hard way anytime for example someone offers me €15,000 for a car before they view it they sure as hell will only want to give something like €14,000 when they view it, they will always want it for less less less lol even if there is nothing wrong with it.
This may have been your problem, just a thought mate :)

@Adam-r I have learned the hard way anytime for example someone offers me €15,000 for a car before they view it they sure as hell will only want to give something like €14,000 when they view it, they will always want it for less less less lol even if there is nothing wrong with it.
Exactly aido that's why you only talk price when there standing in front of you. I done deal with you and was fair and didn't bullshit about car being something it wasn't. Plus you enjoyed it and sold it on that's the way it goes as Karl contacted me before buying and he didn't hang around. Hope all is well

Exactly gary your blob and mine were almost like for like I sold mine february last year for 14k, the guy said if its as good as you say ill take it he took one look around it deal was done car gone 2 days later. So good cars will make good money but I agree with a good few comments on here that if you wanted a car why didn't you look at them as was a good few listed here and donedeal ads posted here also ?

I bought two weeks ago
Car popped up that was suitable, and feckin gorgeous 😍 lol
Viewed the car before talking any money, and done a deal there and then.
Collected the following week.
IMO, go look at a car, if price is right, buy the car. Simple. I was without a car for a while, life got in the way, and have really only been viewing with the past 3 months.
Prices are rising. Normal cars will prob drop again, not too sure about subaru cause its a case of supply and demand at this stage 🤔

Do you go into a dealership waving your max budget around and asking them what cars they have?? If you do, you have overpaid for every car you have ever owned.

I understand on a forum its a bit different. However, I still maintain the same ethos. Everyone is aware of prices, it's called "reading between the lines".

if you list what type of car you want, people aren't stupid, they are well able to gauge what type of budget is there, or they can discuss in PM between buyer and seller.

I can appreciate your points, but I am in the game almost 20 years, I've yet to overpay for a car or lose money on a car. And I've no desire to buy a car from anyone who adds imaginary import fees to a car already in the county 10 years.

My first original post looking for a car got just as much opiniated shite as this. Seems lads like offering opinions instead of cars which is a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Maybe Ill put up an "opinions and judgements" wanted thread 😉
Ken has replied the way most import cars have there value worked out but you seem to be obvious to that.

Gone into plenty of main dealers over the years to buy new vans and cars paid the going rate for them if I didn't feel deal right I didn't buy it off them or went somewhere else. Bought something only recently I paid what he wanted as it was what I wanted and talking to owner all he had was lads on the phone best price merchants without even looking at it hence why I own it as I was there to buy it simple as that.
Previous car I had bought for 9k which at time wasn't the cheapest one used it for years of enjoyment had two together sold it for fair market price of 14k (could of held out for more easily) but it was a very fair price for car and happy to see some one else enjoy it as barely had time to drive one instead of two.
It was since sold for 15k new owner happy out plus if he wants to sell it tomorrow will easily get back his money.

As for opinions thread don't bother because all you will hear is
Low baller, flute, keyboard warrior, you chimed into this other guys thread didn't like the answer you got yet again. unless we put on a puppet show to explain where price of decent cars come from because of demand I don't we will get through to you. If the car you wanted was in budget you would still try low ball the price i reckon even if you know you don't want to loose it. If someone wants to sell a sti for 100k so what. not in your budget pass it by

I bought my v1 sti irish reg for 270 euro 7 years ago am I gonna sell it at that price ever Noooo
everyone wants market value or close as for their car
Go veiw the cars that are available nearly all will need work as they are older performance cars even if its just to bring around to your liking
I personally don't entertain low ball offers from anyone that hasn't veiwed a car
If its advertised for 20k that's cause I want 20k for it if your here and agree 18 on the day that's alot different than offering 18 and then showing up offering 15 on viewing
My policy is go and veiw before making any financial talk once your happy with the initial description
Do the deal on the day all they can say is no to your offer

@Gary sti Yes indeed and thank you so much for such a great car what a car the impreza STI is foooking awesome .
Things are good good ser hope things is good with you.
Btw 15,400 it went on its way for ,,nice chaps them Carl and Mark :) (y)
Sound man even better for you every one happy great car I have great memories of days out and trip to ring never missed a beat 333 bhp standard car IMG_20200102_075054.jpg. 😉

Jaysis lads.

When I was selling the Leon FR I had very little activity on it. Not many of them pop up, and a much handier car on insurance etc but is basically a Golf GTD. I had 2 "buy your car" companies on to me. Both made offers without viewing. One wasn't too bad but I said I'd hold out. Second one made an offer for less than half my asking. I rejected. They said that offer came from a prospective buyer and asked could I give a more realistic price I'd be happy to accept so they can go back to their client and begin negotiations. I replied with the price I had it up for, as they approached me saying they had a buyer.

Cue receiving the most ridiculous and unprofessional reply I never thought I would ever have to deal with. Full on egomaniac telling me I hadn't a clue what the market was and claiming he's a market expert having and trying to justify the clients offer. Probably never was a client, or they were going to purchase it and sell it with a fair chunk on top after getting it cheap.

He got a reply from me when the car sold privately for asking price. Just to let him know he needed to re-evaluate how much of an industry expert he was.

Sorry not having replied to any of your replies but btw I had a good read😂 seem as though I needed to put up a budget before someone sends a message. My budget is between me myself and I.
I put up the thread because I have looked through DD, I’ve went through eBay. I’ve even approached local owners looking to purchase.
DD first impression turned me off. (Don’t ask why)
EBay do I really want the hassle going to England paying huge revenue bills. I’m self employed I’ve paid enough 35% taxes in my time.
Local owners, not for sale. investments or just love their car to much to sell.

then I came on here I have seen a few wanted threads with no comments but I still said f#ck it.
so I posted it, a short while later I got a PM, got details description and made a viewing day. Week later, done deal.
I might not post but I’ve been a member on here (not full yet)😉for a lot of years and I see lots of good threads and I enjoy reading and learning from it. So glad I came here because I’ve found the car what I’m looking for

Sorry not having replied to any of your replies but btw I had a good read😂 seem as though I needed to put up a budget before someone sends a message. My budget is between me myself and I.
I put up the thread because I have looked through DD, I’ve went through eBay. I’ve even approached local owners looking to purchase.
DD first impression turned me off. (Don’t ask why)
EBay do I really want the hassle going to England paying huge revenue bills. I’m self employed I’ve paid enough 35% taxes in my time.
Local owners, not for sale. investments or just love their car to much to sell.

then I came on here I have seen a few wanted threads with no comments but I still said f#ck it.
so I posted it, a short while later I got a PM, got details description and made a viewing day. Week later, done deal.
I might not post but I’ve been a member on here (not full yet)😉for a lot of years and I see lots of good threads and I enjoy reading and learning from it. So glad I came here because I’ve found the car what I’m looking for
Great stuff.throw up some pictures when you get a chance and best of luck with it.

You must have really jumped the que if you bought one in less than a week(some people are searching months)🤣

Great stuff.throw up some pictures when you get a chance and best of luck with it.

You must have really jumped the que if you bought one in less than a week(some people are searching months)🤣
No to be fair I have been months looking, I have viewed 2, wasn’t happy with condition or paperwork. I spent an hour looking at the Impreza and I tried my best to find a fault. Made an offer, refused, then we met in the middle. I’m happy that’s what matters

No to be fair I have been months looking, I have viewed 2, wasn’t happy with condition or paperwork. I spent an hour looking at the Impreza and I tried my best to find a fault. Made an offer, refused, then we met in the middle. I’m happy that’s what matters
Delighted for you man well done 👏

Looking forward to seeing it 👍👍

100% Aido I was aware of that. Which is why I then told the guy that my offer was guaranteed. If I liked the car I would pay 15k and not a cent less. I don't like playing games. Which is why I can't understand why he would advertise it then for what I offered him and then take even less. I wouldnt have brought the story up if I had acted disrespectful. The reason I came to ISDC was to avoid drama and find a good car from an honest long term owner/enthusiast

I've had lads stand in front of me and lowball the sh*t out of my cars, it's awkward and unpleasant. Which is why I went out of my way to be fair and clear before Wasting sellers time and my time and petrol. It just didn't work out. sh*t happens and someone else got a better deal, that's life.

Nail on the head Ken .
Adam when you’re also turning around and calling lads cars scrap without even viewing them they won’t want to sell to you because of your attitude , most lads will be straight up and tell if there is some rough areas on a car but overall is a genuine car that drives well and has got anything it ever needed .
These are 20 year old cars there is going to be some issues to address unless you import a mint example from Japan for top money.

Shiteing on about dc5s when negotiating buying an appreciating Impreza has no relevance , can’t compare the two

Who's car did I call scrap without seeing it?

Are you referring to the time I wanted to buy your impreza because you had it advertised on here and when I messaged you the price suddenly jumped by €10,000? And when you sent photos it needed paint and rust repair? I dont recall saying it was scrap.

Back