Wanted impreza

I don’t really get the join the queue thing?? Is there not a good few cars up on donedeal or am I missing a trick?

Whatever goes up on donedeal is gone within a few days. You have to be quick.

I don’t really get the join the queue thing?? Is there not a good few cars up on donedeal or am I missing a trick?

There's very few Imprezas worth buying at current prices.

Most stuff that goes on DD is scrap that some other lad overpaid for. Very seldom does a genuine car from an enthusiast owner end up on DD. Most lads prefer to sell to someone who appreciates the effort gone in so far

I've made very strong offers on plenty of cars, but it seems everyone wants their "pound of flesh" at the moment. I've also found lads have too much ego to come back to me to negotiate an offer after they rejected my offer first time round. They usually will sell to the next lad that comes along for less than I offered. Weird, but it's happened numerous times now, including on a BMW this week. The lad sold it for 1k less to a dealer than he would let me have it for

There's very few Imprezas worth buying at current prices.

Most stuff that goes on DD is scrap that some other lad overpaid for. Very seldom does a genuine car from an enthusiast owner end up on DD. Most lads prefer to sell to someone who appreciates the effort gone in so far

I've made very strong offers on plenty of cars, but it seems everyone wants their "pound of flesh" at the moment. I've also found lads have too much ego to come back to me to negotiate an offer after they rejected my offer first time round. They usually will sell to the next lad that comes along for less than I offered. Weird, but it's happened numerous times now, including on a BMW this week. The lad sold it for 1k less to a dealer than he would let me have it for
Have you ever considered that possibly you are the problem?? I mean if someone is selling it cheaper to someone else and you know this for a fact and it’s happened to you a few times, what are you doing or saying to make them want to sell it cheaper to someone else rather than you?

And what you are suggesting about lads with good cars won’t put them on donedeal because they want to sell to someone who appreciates the work gone into it to buy it… thats very nieve.. anyone that’s into cars and spends money on their cars in turn want to get top money back for their car, selling to someone that’s going to “appreciate” it doesn’t come into it what so ever.
Have you considered that possibly your budget is not realistic for todays market ? After all VRT has taken big increases…And that you telling people what you think their car is worth no.1 just gets peoples back up and no.2 has no relevance to their chosen asking price?

Last edited:
Hi Adam I really think if you are coming on here or any other fourm you need to put up more information of what you want so day for instance
04 sti widetrack UK PPP
must be in fair condition preferably blue budget 15k to 20k will pay top money for mint example etc.
Or
04 non wide track sti PPP
Budget 13k to 18k will pay good money for right car.
By putting up simple add like this anyone thinking of selling might be swayed into parting with there pride as they know you have a good budget set out and are clear what you want.

I set out these budgets on what previous last 4 cars I know of sold for give or take and by lads who know what they are looking for. Good few here have come on and tried to help you before but you have shot down prices as being mad on done deal. Either here or done deal good ones are gone quickly I see others that are crazy still there for months or reposted few different pics but same seller. Yes the market is high but its up to you to decide what is value keep it to yourself and not key board warrior your way through thread after thread going on about the prices of cars. If I was selling and read your previous stuff I'd say fu*k that I don't need the hassle of this sh*t selling to this lad.
I originally had a car before coming here was never bothered about telling someone weather I got value or not or what bhp it was and same with current car. It was up to me to decide what I thought was value. At the time of most purchases you pay the highest price roughly but for alot now they have gotten value or they got what they wanted and and don't care.
It can take a few months for right one but you need to jump in car straight away and be quick have a look if it is decent.

Have you ever considered that possibly you are the problem?? I mean if someone is selling it cheaper to someone else and you know this for a fact and it’s happened to you a few times, what are you doing or saying to make them want to sell it cheaper to someone else rather than you?

And what you are suggesting about lads with good cars won’t put them on donedeal because they want to sell to someone who appreciates the work gone into it to buy it… thats very nieve.. anyone that’s into cars and spends money on their cars in turn want to get top money back for their car, selling to someone that’s going to “appreciate” it doesn’t come into it what so ever.
Have you considered that possibly your budget is not realistic for todays market ? After all VRT has taken big increases…And that you telling people what you think their car is worth no.1 just gets peoples back up and no.2 has no relevance to their chosen asking price?

Have I "ever considered I am the problem"? Have you ever considered how arrogant you are?

There was a black 05 PPP sti on here. Bloke had it up for 18k, I offered him 15k cash. He said he was trying to hold out for more which is totally fine, as, its his car. It didn't sell or get any interest at 18k. A few months later I check back here and he has the price dropped to 15k, which means he sold it for less than my offer and someone else jumped on it. There was nothing I did or said that could possibly have caused offense.

I have bought and sold plenty of cars, so I am well aware what it's like to be seller and buyer. For instance, I bought a dc5 last year for 6k, it was sh*t so I sold it at fair price of 8500, the kid who has it now wants 16.5k, originally 18k. And it's only at that price because he thinks it's worth it. There's a big difference between personal opinion and actual market value. Just because VRT is gone up doesn't mean you can add imaginary VRT to a car that's out of Japan longer than, it was in Japan.

I've seen many many times, especially on here, lads selling cars to mates or other forum members. Not everyone is greedy for all the money they can get despite you personal opinion

I like to offer fair prices, and as such, karma, seems to pay dividends with some patience

@Adam-r Hi mate just curious what you consider a strong offer for lets say a 05 impreza sti ???
Be interesting to hear
Have I "ever considered I am the problem"? Have you ever considered how arrogant you are?

There was a black 05 PPP sti on here. Bloke had it up for 18k, I offered him 15k cash. He said he was trying to hold out for more which is totally fine, as, its his car. It didn't sell or get any interest at 18k. A few months later I check back here and he has the price dropped to 15k, which means he sold it for less than my offer and someone else jumped on it. There was nothing I did or said that could possibly have caused offense.

I have bought and sold plenty of cars, so I am well aware what it's like to be seller and buyer. For instance, I bought a dc5 last year for 6k, it was sh*t so I sold it at fair price of 8500, the kid who has it now wants 16.5k, originally 18k. And it's only at that price because he thinks it's worth it. There's a big difference between personal opinion and actual market value. Just because VRT is gone up doesn't mean you can add imaginary VRT to a car that's out of Japan longer than, it was in Japan.

I've seen many many times, especially on here, lads selling cars to mates or other forum members. Not everyone is greedy for all the money they can get despite you personal opinion

I like to offer fair prices, and as such, karma, seems to pay dividends with some patience
The guy that was looking 18k for his car.. what did you Knock 3k off it for? Did it not drive good? Or didn’t look as good in the flesh as it did in pictures etc??

Be interesting to hear

The guy that was looking 18k for his car.. what did you Knock 3k off it for? Did it not drive good? Or didn’t look as good in the flesh as it did in pictures etc??

Be interesting to hear

Because that's what it was worth, proof of this is, he had to drop it to 15k to sell it. So he got less than I offered. So I made him a good offer. What is your problem man?

Because that's what it was worth, proof of this is, he had to drop it to 15k to sell it. So he got less than I offered. So I made him a good offer. What is your problem man?
So you offered him 3k less without even seeing the car?

So you offered him 3k less without even seeing the car?

I offered him 15k as a preface to viewing. He rejected, so I saved myself a tank of fuel and a day driving. Can't understand why he didn't contact me for my 15k before readvertising at 15k and getting less than that for it.

I didn't "knock 3k off". At the time my budget was strict, I messaged the seller explaining this and asked nicely if he would be open to such an offer. Why you assume "I am a problem" I have no idea. Seems you have an issue. This is why I didn't just go naively in person to waste the sellers time and mine, because I knew my offer was quite a bit off asking but was maximum for me. In the end, my offer turned out to be better than what it sold for. Go figure.......

Hi Adam I really think if you are coming on here or any other fourm you need to put up more information of what you want so day for instance
04 sti widetrack UK PPP
must be in fair condition preferably blue budget 15k to 20k will pay top money for mint example etc.
Or
By putting up simple add like this anyone thinking of selling might be swayed into parting with there pride as they know you have a good budget set out and are clear what you want.

I set out these budgets on what previous last 4 cars I know of sold for give or take and by lads who know what they are looking for. Good few here have come on and tried to help you before but you have shot down prices as being mad on done deal. Either here or done deal good ones are gone quickly I see others that are crazy still there for months or reposted few different pics but same seller. Yes the market is high but its up to you to decide what is value keep it to yourself and not key board warrior your way through thread after thread going on about the prices of cars. If I was selling and read your previous stuff I'd say fu*k that I don't need the hassle of this sh*t selling to this lad.
I originally had a car before coming here was never bothered about telling someone weather I got value or not or what bhp it was and same with current car. It was up to me to decide what I thought was value. At the time of most purchases you pay the highest price roughly but for alot now they have gotten value or they got what they wanted and and don't care.
It can take a few months for right one but you need to jump in car straight away and be quick have a look if it is decent.

Do you go into a dealership waving your max budget around and asking them what cars they have?? If you do, you have overpaid for every car you have ever owned.

I understand on a forum its a bit different. However, I still maintain the same ethos. Everyone is aware of prices, it's called "reading between the lines".

if you list what type of car you want, people aren't stupid, they are well able to gauge what type of budget is there, or they can discuss in PM between buyer and seller.

I can appreciate your points, but I am in the game almost 20 years, I've yet to overpay for a car or lose money on a car. And I've no desire to buy a car from anyone who adds imaginary import fees to a car already in the county 10 years.

My first original post looking for a car got just as much opiniated shite as this. Seems lads like offering opinions instead of cars which is a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Maybe Ill put up an "opinions and judgements" wanted thread 😉

04 sti widetrack UK PPP
Or

Also, this isn't my wanted thread. And now because of the usual forum sh*t, we have ruined this lads wanted thread

Your an expert, so can I pick your brain.

Adam has 2005 Sti JDM brought in 2 years ago, it cost Adam 20k including Vrt and we will forget everything else Adam spent on it. Like the timing belt kit, the servicing the 4 tyres, getting the bumpers touched up that got marked on port. The clutch etc etc … So it stands Adam 20K on Irish reg…

NOW 2 years later the same car now with the exact same mileage and in same condition is now costing 30k to import and have Irish reg plate on it… again we will disregard all the extras that have to be spent On every fresh import…

So for Adam to replace his car with like for like it’s now costing 30k…

What price should Adam ask now for the car he has that cost him 20k? Baring in mind it will cost him 30k to get another.

Your an expert, so can I pick your brain.

Adam has 2005 Sti JDM brought in 2 years ago, it cost Adam 20k including Vrt and we will forget everything else Adam spent on it. Like the timing belt kit, the servicing the 4 tyres, getting the bumpers touched up that got marked on port. The clutch etc etc … So it stands Adam 20K on Irish reg…

NOW 2 years later the same car now with the exact same mileage and in same condition is now costing 30k to import and have Irish reg plate on it… again we will disregard all the extras that have to be spent On every fresh import…

So for Adam to replace his car with like for like it’s now costing 30k…

What price should Adam ask now for the car he has that cost him 20k? Baring in mind it will cost him 30k to get another.
Nail on the head Ken .
Adam when you’re also turning around and calling lads cars scrap without even viewing them they won’t want to sell to you because of your attitude , most lads will be straight up and tell if there is some rough areas on a car but overall is a genuine car that drives well and has got anything it ever needed .
These are 20 year old cars there is going to be some issues to address unless you import a mint example from Japan for top money.

Shiteing on about dc5s when negotiating buying an appreciating Impreza has no relevance , can’t compare the two

Back