V mount intercooler

Dccdpaul

Anyone on here have a V mount intercooler set up like these? There savage money to buy but say you'd put it together yourself fairly handy
ca534bd91c989e91422219a8e16c8545.jpg
d7b5677ebd6a4f4ec6619076cff931c7.jpg
0d8f9b461e18ba64527adc0c6a450be6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what's luring me in Keith! Was measuring it all up yesterday and don't think be much hassle to make it work

I'd be into one of them
But what else would have to go to make it fit

Did good bit of measuring there yesterday and there's actually loads of room there to play with. Basically the rad is angled to sit out at the bottom towards the bumper and the intercooler sits directly on top gettin the airflow from the grill. New rad, new intercooler bit of fiddlin but handy

You could rotate the manifold aswell to have really short pipework

That's not a simple fix it looks like the rad replaces the front panel and crossmember and is used for strength between the 2

That's not a simple fix it looks like the rad replaces the front panel and crossmember and is used for strength between the 2

Yeah in one of the pics the whole front panel was cut which is a balls but it can be done without cutting anything if the right sized rad and cooler are used! Have the intercooler ordered to the size I need and il know more when it's on front of me

Not sure yet tom, have the headlights bumper and rad out at the min so just using this time to measure and mock everything up. It won't be done till after the summer anyway cos I just wanna get back in it asap but getting rid of the top mount is one of my priorities

Lad that mapped my car the other day said don't go front mount unless over 400 ish as the lag is not great but if you can shorten the pipe work and get rid of the interwarmer I'd say your onto a winner

That looks like a serious amount of work,
Why not just buy the Lateral Performance I/c and rad combo or go with an RS500 style setup

That looks like a serious amount of work,
Why not just buy the Lateral Performance I/c and rad combo or go with an RS500 style setup

Never heard of this, but I like the idea of goin at it myself. Will have a look at the lateral set up and weigh it all up

1500 sterling great sup up but not cheap

Attachments

• IMG_1424.PNG
    IMG_1424.PNG
    907.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1423.PNG
    IMG_1423.PNG
    857.4 KB · Views: 37
Back