Unmarked...

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=4588.msg48957#msg48957 date=1197592084]
[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=4588.msg48882#msg48882 date=1197548303]

Seen a unmarked silver 406 coupe in Dublin city.
[/quote]

yes have seen this...

also in cabra seen the ex eru izuzu tropper jeep....

00 purple lwb

looks like an aul commercial farmers yok..................
[/quote]

i had this up me ar$e before he was as close as you could get followed me for ages...i was going to hit the brakes but thought better of it something just seemed off..i thought it was some clowns messing until my mate told me what it was....w@nkers

i had this up me ar$e before he was as close as you could get followed me for ages...i was going to hit the brakes but thought better of it something just seemed off..i thought it was some clowns messing until my mate told me what it was....w@nkers

no need for name calling :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sti Garda :smokin:

ya just never know anymore

caution to all

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(wouldnt mind a go in that eru thing, would have the price of a 22b in the morn for cash) ................................. ANY TAKERS :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:D :whistle: :thumbsup:

Question for STi Garda.

Some Garda, well a lot do have a habit of driving up your ass sometimes. Is that to put the person in front of them under pressure or what?

most of the time its just the lad driving bein a pri*k!!!
but usually people get very nervous when gardai are up their ass and nervousness shows guilt

Sti garda

[quote author=Sti Garda link=topic=4588.msg48982#msg48982 date=1197635481]
most of the time its just the lad driving bein a pr***!!!
but usually people get very nervous when gardai are up their ass and nervousness shows guilt

Sti garda
[/quote]

that is complete boll0x half the time its because i know they are going to pull me over...
your ovibously not from the northside of dublin becasue you try driving home late at night through there in a nice car and see if they dont pull you over..they had me..and im fully legal..for 40 minutes going through my car..with no explanation..standing there..during which time they proceeded to have a chat between the three of them...my experience of Garda growing up is not a good one and I'm sure its shared by many..no offence to you...
I work and pay tax why should i be subjected to that just because i drive a subaru?..."Nervousness shows guilty" thats the type of boll0xology that leads to garda stopping the wrong people..any good crooks i know are cool as you like..thats why their good at it.
probably best if you could provide decent debate rather than a bunch or angry smileys.

the thing is though i get subjected to it myself the very first day i got my scooby i went through it all, the searching the asking questions and wat not
i dint say i was a guard untill they finished an i tell ya wat, the two guardz that were doing it were assh**les.
the angry smileys were just a laugh (No offence)

Sti Garda

sorry lads just the first comment i put up about the lad driving iment the GUARD driving just after reading over it there looks bad

I've been wanting to share a recent experience I had for a while now, here seems as good a place as any to tell...

I was pulling out on to the main road late one night from the lane I live in. To my right around the sweeping bend I could see the glow of headlights approaching so I pulled out anyway and pumped the gas so as to get enough space between us to not have the approaching vehicle slow down for me. I hit 120kmh and eased back down to 100kmh (the road's speed limit). So I tootled along at that speed only for car behind me to approach a bit too close for comfort. He had his beam full on so I dipped my rear view mirror to stop the glare. Around the next couple of sweeping bends I stayed at the 100kmh limit and the car behind backed off.

On the next straight though, he was storming back at me, headlights flashing and right up my ass by the time the next set of bends approached... What the f*ck? I was thinking to myself, is this some bell-end out for a race? Again I stayed at 100 through all the corners and I kind of lost him for a while. Again, the next straight came and there he was again flashing like an idiot. I was thinking how am I going to lose this idiot when I get in to town? I was getting very nervous at this stage... Anyway, the next set of bends were seriously twisty and knowing them really well, was able to lose him again - still staying at a constant 100kmh...

Then the final straight into town saw him approaching rapidly once more... obviously doing 140-150 to catch up :nana: Then, and only then, did the blue lights start flashing. As soon as I saw them I pulled over and waited...

So, he steps out asks for licence, torch on checking the car over... I said to him that I thought he was driving very aggressively, I thought it was someone wanting to race me as I often get pressure from other drivers to do so. I added that if he had put on his blue lights when first seeing me I would have pulled over there and then. He couldn't answer me and told me that my number plates weren't legal... I offered to change them immediately as the legal ones were in the boot (this was a week after Japfest and I hadn't switched them back). He just told me to drive on and "take it handy".

I'd like to know if this is a Gardai tactic to trap drivers such as myself in powerful cars?

If so I think it is a deplorable way to act.

[quote author=Sti Garda link=topic=4588.msg48988#msg48988 date=1197637549]
the thing is though i get subjected to it myself the very first day i got my scooby i went through it all, the searching the asking questions and what not
i dint say i was a guard untill they finished an i tell ya what, the two guardz that were doing it were assh**les.
the angry smileys were just a laugh (No offence)

Sti Garda
[/quote]

fair enough.. good of you too say so

[quote author=Paulo link=topic=4588.msg48996#msg48996 date=1197641838]
I've been wanting to share a recent experience I had for a while now, here seems as good a place as any to tell...

I was pulling out on to the main road late one night from the lane I live in. To my right around the sweeping bend I could see the glow of headlights approaching so I pulled out anyway and pumped the gas so as to get enough space between us to not have the approaching vehicle slow down for me. I hit 120kmh and eased back down to 100kmh (the road's speed limit). So I tootled along at that speed only for car behind me to approach a bit too close for comfort. He had his beam full on so I dipped my rear view mirror to stop the glare. Around the next couple of sweeping bends I stayed at the 100kmh limit and the car behind backed off.

On the next straight though, he was storming back at me, headlights flashing and right up my ass by the time the next set of bends approached... What the f*ck? I was thinking to myself, is this some bell-end out for a race? Again I stayed at 100 through all the corners and I kind of lost him for a while. Again, the next straight came and there he was again flashing like an idiot. I was thinking how am I going to lose this idiot when I get in to town? I was getting very nervous at this stage... Anyway, the next set of bends were seriously twisty and knowing them really well, was able to lose him again - still staying at a constant 100kmh...

Then the final straight into town saw him approaching rapidly once more... obviously doing 140-150 to catch up :nana: Then, and only then, did the blue lights start flashing. As soon as I saw them I pulled over and waited...

So, he steps out asks for licence, torch on checking the car over... I said to him that I thought he was driving very aggressively, I thought it was someone wanting to race me as I often get pressure from other drivers to do so. I added that if he had put on his blue lights when first seeing me I would have pulled over there and then. He couldn't answer me and told me that my number plates weren't legal... I offered to change them immediately as the legal ones were in the boot (this was a week after Japfest and I hadn't switched them back). He just told me to drive on and "take it handy".

I'd like to know if this is a Gardai tactic to trap drivers such as myself in powerful cars?

If so I think it is a deplorable way to act.
[/quote]

I have had this happen to me plenty of times. As soon as the blues come on I pull over and wait for the abuse, but for some reason it never comes. I am always very courteous when speaking to the Guards and they have always been courteous back to me. Even when I have been completely in the wrong. It is a deplorable way to act, trying to trap you into doing something dangerous, but as with every profession you will get the odd bad apple that will give the rest a bad name. Overall, my experiences with the Guards have been good ones, especially when two scumbags are trying to break in to my house.

Cheers

Alan

Apologies STi Garda.

I wasnt trying to drop you in it.

I think most people whether guilty or not will feel nervous with anyone tailgating them whether its a Garda car or not. I've been pulled over a couple of times myself and to be honest I havent a bad word to say about the Gardai that did stop me. They've been courteous to me and me back to them.

I do however think that this tailgating is extremely dangerous as a peron with a nervous disposition can make a bad mistake.

I think it depends on the individual garda in question. I was pulled for speeding only an hour after picking up the car with no licence, no insurance, no tax, and no NCT because everything was in my other car. He was dead sound, only asked me to produce my licence and insurance in the local station and even had the time for a bit of craic asking questions about the car. Maybe mine was just a lucky experience but I think generally if you are courteous then they will also be the same to you

[quote author=kbox link=topic=4588.msg49001#msg49001 date=1197645202]
Apologies STi Garda.

I wasnt trying to drop you in it.

I think most people whether guilty or not will feel nervous with anyone tailgating them whether its a Garda car or not. I've been pulled over a couple of times myself and to be honest I havent a bad word to say about the Gardai that did stop me. They've been courteous to me and me back to them.

I do however think that this tailgating is extremely dangerous as a peron with a nervous disposition can make a bad mistake.[/quote]

This has happened to me a few times also. They get WAY too close for comfort and i do not see the point in it. If they have a problem with your car, why not stop you straight away and stop acting like idiots for 5km before they put on the blues.
People say they are only doing their job, thats fair enough BUT when did dangerous driving become their job??

reading throught the thread it seems the garda are comming in for a bit of stick and for good reason but there is a force out there much worse than the garda and that would be customs and excise, as i am about to explain i went back home to wales about 2 years ago to do some xmas shopping and see family and friends, so as you can imagne the car was loaded with presents, so i get off the ferry in dublin port and driving off when out of no where a customs bloke steps out and pulls the car over (at the time i had a silver 1.6 with big bore exhaust and big spoiler) and asks my name before i know whats going on i am reefed out of the car and frog marched to the undercover customs car and told i was under arrest :dunno: for drugs and the car was being impounded to cut a long story short i was interogated for 2 hours (it took them 30 minutes to search the car and find nothing) and when i was let go i asked why i had been picked for a drugs search and had my car impounded and was told in no uncertain terms " it wasnt you sir it was the car it fitted the profile of a drug dealers car" :eek:mg when i stopped laughing at them and said if i was a drug dealer dont you think i would have smuggled them in a better more expensive car not a bloody subaru which is going to be picked up straight away.

well thats a good one darkshadow, a drug dealer in a 1,6 subaru, ya must be sellin some sh*t :roll: :roll: :roll:

@sti garda, its good to hear your comment, i thought you were talkin from the other side, its a problem that wont be fixed soon

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not taking the pi55,but i'm only after reporting a stolen tractor going up and down my street :ponder:Who reported it....TRACTORMAN!
Squad car up in minutes,caught in the drivers seat aswell :thumbsup:

I'v never been pulled over in any of the 3 subarus so far,pulled over in my type R and the C70 T5,because i deserved it :smokin:
Most of the guards i;v dealt with are sound....
Alan C

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=4588.msg48819#msg48819 date=1197496924]
Sure it wasnt just a off duty garda in his own personal car?
[/quote]

That one's happened to me, though I'd wonder about the legality of it...   :dunno:

I'd doubt if his insurance would be valid for that!  :ponder:

Back