Unmarked...

planb

Sunday Drivers
A friend of mine is seriously into bikes, he was saying the other day that a friend of his was pulled over by an unmarked subaru impreza garda car. (i've seen the forresters) Also he was telling me about unmarked garda bikes...anybody hear of this at all or is it a myth? :thumbsup:
Am full sure i've seen the unmarked garda bike.

Wouldn't be surprised, they have all sorts of cars these days including French ones.
What were they thinking? :p

I've heard a story of a MY06 blue STi with small blue lights in the rear headrests and in the front grille.

Guy in work said he was on the M50 and saw this STi come up behind a 911, the 911 floored it ( as you would ) and the STi gave chase, he came around the next bend to see the blue flashing lights and the 2 cars pulled in on the hard shoulder....

I was skeptical to believe it myself but if there has been another sighting... who knows :dunno:

Heard nothing about unmarked bikes though

Out of curiousity would any of these radar detector thingies pick up these unmarked cars? I'm assuming they still use some form of radar to judge your speed rather than a calibrated speedo over a set distance?

The amount of cars that STI squad car catchs must be only savage!
In fairness If you where at the lights and a similarly quick car pulled up beside you or behind you, You are going to assume they are an enthusiastic driver like yourself and give it a bit off the lights! Newlands cross for example! kildare bound is 100km (i think) For a while,
So that's a great spot for a short drag race (up to the legal limit of course) But If you where not careful it would be very easy to get a bit carried away! And the lad you were dicing with turns on the blue lights :doh:
You can see it happening, Can't you!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=4588.msg48863#msg48863 date=1197545755]
So that's a great spot for a short drag race (up to the legal limit of course)
[/quote]

If you tore away from the lights up to but didnt break the speed limit they would still do you for wreckless driving.

I think that's only if you break traction! Spin the wheels like!!
So they would have me on a wet day!
Dan

There's unmarked bikes alright. I saw one in Finglas with someone pulled over not so long ago

I service all the Garda bikes but there the push bikes :lol: they would wanna be fit to keep up with a subaru.
Sometimes they use there own bikes would this be classed as unmarked :lol:

well lads, think i could set your mind at ease on this one!!!!!

the traffic corps in dublin castle are kitted out with not only unmarked garda bikes (1300cc) but also a range of cars
such as the sabb 93 2.2turbo, the 406 (blue in colour) Scooby forresters and also the impreza. i also believe that they have
a new range of M3's and M5's on the way BMW have stated they would change the whole garda flleet in less than a year
if given a contract.

oh an of course the €500,000 range rover (BOMB PROOF)

keep an eye out for them,

Sti Garda :smokin:

[quote author=Sti Garda link=topic=4588.msg48944#msg48944 date=1197585582]
well lads, think i could set your mind at ease on this one!!!!!

the traffic corps in dublin castle are kitted out with not only unmarked garda bikes (1300cc) but also a range of cars
such as the sabb 93 2.2turbo, the 406 (blue in colour) Scooby forresters and also the impreza. i also believe that they have
a new range of M3's and M5's on the way BMW have stated they would change the whole garda flleet in less than a year
if given a contract.

oh an of course the €500,000 range rover (BOMB PROOF)

keep an eye out for them,

Sti Garda :smokin:
[/quote]

Cheers
I knew you weren't all out to get us.
Good to have a fellow enthusiast on side

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=4588.msg48882#msg48882 date=1197548303]

Seen a unmarked silver 406 coupe in Dublin city.
[/quote]

yes have seen this...

also in cabra seen the ex eru izuzu tropper jeep....

00 purple lwb

looks like an aul commercial farmers yok..................

Back