Unmarked...

The guards in the forester squad car flash and wave at me! :thumbsup:
And any time I've been stopped for speeding (5 times over 4 years) I have deserved it! And sometimes I've been able to talk my way out of it but more often than not I get a couple of points! (6 at the mo) But I've always found the garda very profesional!
I always speak to guards very respectfully! I beleive they deserve alot of respect for dealing with the type of scum all day that I certainly wouldn't be able to cope with!
Dan

its an absolute waste of tax payers money , try tackel the drug probem in the country,
and i personaly reckon its jealousy when i get pulled
and assume the majority of members on this forum have had simular thoughts 2 , ,
always pick the easy targets , well done w@nkers ,
also would drivin up someones ass or tailgate'n not be considered dangerous drivin ??????????

i was never tailgated but obviously its happening. its fucking mental to think of this happening as its so fucking dangerous.ita a pity ya couldnt get a video of it and get everyone in the car fired WITHOUT pension. i thought the guards were taught to hold back if you are in a so called "chase" scenario, even though its not a chase whan you are being pushed by some scumbag into a mistake or a few points on your licence to satisfy the ignorant wa*ker

this is by no means an attack on the guards but it is obvious it is happening so it is a direct attack on the members of the guards who do this

:thumbsup: (also some of the words do not appear the way i typed them :D )

The simplest and safest way to react to someone sitting on your rear bumper is to take your foot off the accelerater untill you coast to a hault!
Regardless of wheather or not it's the gaurds! That's simple isn't it! No big drama or criminal behavior! The worst think that can happen is the guy behind you thinks your a prat (but who cares?) or he gently nudges the rear of your car, In which case you take him to court and ride him!
The garda can't do you for stopping in the road as you beleive it is the safest course of action to take! so unless you have something else to hide you'd be grand!
Of course the not so safe way to react (my usual) is to stamp on the brakes! wait till they are really irrate and then speed off up to the legal speed limit and continue on my merry way! :thumbsup: not that this is the right thing to do! but if some one is annoying me on the road, I just annoy them back!! That's fair isn't it? :D
Dan

fair enough dan, but when the cops are at it its a different story altogether :dunno:

:thumbsup:

Most Garda are bang on. Its like everthing else in life. There is a small element of bad which unfortunately puts everyone else in that organistion in the same category.

I think if you give them a bit of attitude they give it back...i have not got any hassle from them and every time i have been stopped i deserved it...(8 points :whistle: :whistle:)they have been spot on,its just how you treat them... :thumbsup:

i agree on the point that most guards are ok and pretty much sound guys i have had a few dealings with them in the past over silly thinks like no nct or no tax (just after i bought the car) and i have been nice and respectful to them and have managed to talk my way out of it, i did get caught up at a checkpoint and had no tax as i had just bought the car and everything was fine and dandy i was explaining to the guard why i had no tax and that i had just bought the car when flames (of all people) started back at the guard as she recognised him and thought it would be fun to tell him to be stopping real criminals and not innocent motorists at which point after me telling her several times to let me deal with it the garda was about ready to give me a ticket and possibly impound the car, it shows if you respect them they respect you (90% of the time anyway) and after calming the situation with the garda and flames down the garda waved me on my way and said "get the tax sorted and next time you get stopped try to keep the mrs quiet"

Keep your misses quite! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll have a job doing that! :lol:
Dan

thats all good to know boys, im just on the tailgaiting point, thats very wrong

:thumbsup:

Coming back from Donegal on Sunday check-point in Monaghan unmarked Skoda Octavia,navy in colour with back windows blacked out

I spotted the navy BMW today. The strobes behind the grill are a bit obvious. Then again I knew what to look for.

Back