Tyres... what to get!

[quote author=Notorious link=topic=9921.msg414519#msg414519 date=1352915618]
Ordered 4 GoodYear EF1 Assymetric2 from http://www.camskill.co.uk/ last night. Got email today that should be delivered by following Tuesday

will report here how all turns up.. but mostly pick them because of good recommendations on this forum
[/quote]

And they are cheapest! I'm probably going to put order in for same in next day or two. Asked that ISDC tyre trader for quote by email but got no reply.

[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414521#msg414521 date=1352916248]
Ordered 4 GoodYear EF1 Assymetric2 from http://www.camskill.co.uk/ last night. Got email today that should be delivered by following Tuesday

will report here how all turns up.. but mostly pick them because of good recommendations on this forum
[/quote]

And they are cheapest! I'm probably going to put order in for same in next day or two. Asked that ISDC tyre trader for quote by email but got no reply.
[/quote]

Exactly my story... Emailed a week or more ago with a quote.. no reply. Camskill to the rescue :thumbsup:

[quote author=Notorious link=topic=9921.msg414599#msg414599 date=1353024872]
[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414521#msg414521 date=1352916248]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly my story... Emailed a week or more ago with a quote.. no reply. Camskill to the rescue :thumbsup:
[/quote]

In fairness to him, I DID get a reply yesterday from him to my email (so he's still up and running), but he said he couldn't match Camskill on price they are selling the Eagles, but he said he COULD fit them for me for a good price so I'll probably go to him to get them fitted/balanced. Ordered the Eagle F1s yesterday from Camskill. Was looking around at cheaper tyres but would worry it's false economy to save maybe €100-200 and then they end up not lasting as long or performing worse because of cheap manufacture/rubber...

Did u go with Asymmetric ones or symmetric?
I have that voucher for rims refurbishment so I was planning to swap my tires in one go... Do you recon they do that properly? (balancing and etc.)

[quote author=Notorious link=topic=9921.msg414636#msg414636 date=1353105052]
Did u go with Asymmetric ones or symmetric?
I have that voucher for rims refurbishment so I was planning to swap my tires in one go... Do you recon they do that properly? (balancing and etc.)
[/quote]

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

If you mean the tyre trader here, I have no idea, I plan to just drive up to him and see what his setup is before deciding whether to let him fit the new tyres. According to the place I was in the other day, they have to have a tyre machine with the two swinging arms to do low profile properly (so he said, if the don't have arms on machine don't let them) - he could be talking sh1t though, he's a bit of a delboy garage owner. I got the current Eagles balanced perfectly before up in Quickfit in Ballyfermot - when i got car the steering wheel was wobbling at motorway speeds - after balance it was perfectly still - they didn't like doing it though - they said imbalance was caused by worn tyres.

That is very useful info mate. Can you show me how those machines should look like? Im based in Ashtown so Ballyfermot is not that good for me and as I said, My plan is to leave new tires to http://www.alloywheelrefurbishment.ie/ and just ask them to re-fit them on my refurbished alloys. So I assume I can only hope they have good balancing/fitting station? :dontknow:

Tyres arrived. Now I have to find somewhere to fit/balance them :thumbsup:
20121119190148.jpg

20121119190158.jpg

[quote author=Notorious link=topic=9921.msg414811#msg414811 date=1353280614]
That is very useful info mate. Can you show me how those machines should look like? Im based in Ashtown so Ballyfermot is not that good for me and as I said, My plan is to leave new tires to http://www.alloywheelrefurbishment.ie/ and just ask them to re-fit them on my refurbished alloys. So I assume I can only hope they have good balancing/fitting station? :dontknow:
[/quote]
they will send you to advance pitstop to get the tyres removed and put back on or else they will drop them there themselves, they usually want you to leave them just the alloys

[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414964#msg414964 date=1353405945]
[/quote]

Hey! That's not fair! I ordered before you and I still don't have them :snooty:

:geek: Tracker says it's on the way to Depot only... Not even for Delivery, although Estimated Delivery date - Today. :ponder2:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=9921.msg414965#msg414965 date=1353407154]
[quote author=Notorious link=topic=9921.msg414811#msg414811 date=1353280614]
[/quote]
they will send you to advance pitstop to get the tyres removed and put back on or else they will drop them there themselves, they usually want you to leave them just the alloys
[/quote]

Cheers Dan. I didn't know that... I need to figure out how to bring the rims to them.

[quote author=Notorious link=topic=9921.msg414985#msg414985 date=1353424057]
[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414964#msg414964 date=1353405945]
[/quote]

Hey! That's not fair! I ordered before you and I still don't have them :snooty:

:geek: Tracker says it's on the way to Depot only... Not even for Delivery, although Estimated Delivery date - Today. :ponder2:

[/quote]

That's strange alright :icon_grin:

Have them fitted to car since yesterday. Found a great tyre place just past Leixlip called Leixlip Budget Tyres just near the big Tesco there. They are on the eiretyres site as fitters. Very nice chaps working there all from Donegal, took about an hour to remove/clean/fit/balance all four tyres and in the end only charged €40+€8 disposal - very good price. And the tyres appear to be perfectly balanced now too - no wobble at all and I drove all the way to Newbridge and back to Dublin on them so motorway and back country roads test over 50 miles. Feels less harsh too - at least 6mm more rubber all round compared to old ones which were down to wear markers :thumbsup:

Got mine today around 2 PM. Happy days! My first brand new tires :cool:

Now need to find a way to remove all 4 tires from a car and bring them to Wheel Refurb.. if they send me to Pitstop it means my car will be left in Pitstop without wheels on? :eek7:
Maybe I need to find a bunch of bricks and just leave it hanging in my underground parking for that day :ponder2:

Back