Tyres... what to get!

I bought the Goodyear f1 eagles for the trip to the nurburg ring ,complete disaster the car was dangerous on them (Chara555 will back me up on that one) nearly spoiled the trip.took them off when I got back and got BF goodrich .they were very good in wet and dry .

I have used Falkens for years and had them on my last car never had a problem with them and they are great value for money.....

Buy the Goodyears, as if you have a problem with any of the others your F**ked as there's no actual company manufacturer for any of the others in ireland only importers. There also very good - and that's not just what Max power say (as toyo must be given them some head for them to right so much crap about them) not that toyo are scrap just blown out of proportion. (as all geniune tyre tests have shown)

Someone's been filling u with porky pie's, sorry! Goodyear is owned by a company called Sumo Tumo a japanesse steal company they also own Dunlop now. Bridgestone is it's own company and actually the largest tyre company in the world (who sell the most tyres). Federal are made in solvakia I think and are an individual company not owned by any of the large tyre companies.

none of that realy matter lads....
if u have a problem with a tyre,u deal with the seller not the manufacturer!!!!
the seller should sort the problem with you and its up to the seller to get reimbursed from the manufacturer...
same as any products that go faulty!!!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=9921.msg117904#msg117904 date=1222858379]
torn between a few different tyres:
Toyo T1-R's - 370 delivered
Falken 452's - 320 Euro delivered
Goddyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - 400 Euro delivered

Had the goodyear on the altezza, and thought they were great. Anyone have any opinions on the others or recommend other tyres? Would go for the Flakens if they were good since, they are the cheapest!
[/quote]

Camskill:

Goodyear Tyres / Car / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 235/40 R18 95Y XL - 713.90 Euro

Eiretyres:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 235/40 R18 95Y XL with rim protection - EUR 810,80

Have tyres really gone up that much in 4 years or am I reading amounts wrong - I presume you enter 4 as amount for four tyres??? Or do they sell them in pairs??? :ponder:

coming up at 714 euro for me on camskill delivered, looks about right. ones i quoted in 2008 were 17's which is 500 ish delivered

recently put two of the asymetric 2 on the back of my bug wagon i find them a great tyre car feels a lot more planted on the back now

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=9921.msg414403#msg414403 date=1352750417]
recently put two of the asymetric 2 on the back of my bug wagon i find them a great tyre car feels a lot more planted on the back now
[/quote]

I have the version 1 Eagle F1 on at the moment and don't see any problem with replacing them with the version 2 - just the cost is very high in one go. Then have to get them fitted and balanced somewhere at extra cost. I thought i saw some UK tyre site that would deliver to a designated garage here and then fit all included in price but I can't remember the site. NCT tomorrow and expect tyre failure but I'll wait and see...

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=9921.msg414413#msg414413 date=1352755559]
i think it's eire tyres but could be wrong
[/quote]

think it is - maybe why they are €100 more for those tyres than camskill. Would it cost €100 to get tyres fitted and balanced?

[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414434#msg414434 date=1352811260]
[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=9921.msg414413#msg414413 date=1352755559]
[/quote]

think it is - maybe why they are €100 more for those tyres than camskill. Would it cost €100 to get tyres fitted and balanced?
[/quote]

€40 is all I usually pay , that includes removal and disposal of old tires fitting of new tires and 4 wheels balanced.

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=9921.msg414439#msg414439 date=1352814705]
[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414434#msg414434 date=1352811260]
[/quote]

[/quote]

€40 is all I usually pay , that includes removal and disposal of old tires fitting of new tires and 4 wheels balanced.
[/quote]

I just checked again. That eiretyres site is actually some german site - "www.eiretyres.com is an internet service brought to you by Delticom AG,Hannover,Germany" :naughty:. Also they will send them to any tyre centre of your choosing but each one charges their own price per tyre to fit and balance ranging from about €8 to €25 :cuckoo:.

I suppose I will go for €100 cheaper Camskill. Anyone use them before? Reliable? Where will i send tyres then - can't send them to my house because i won't be there during day. Can I send them to some tyre centre from Camskill order somehow?

[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414490#msg414490 date=1352846247]

Can I send them to some tyre centre from Camskill order somehow?

[/quote]

If you find a tyre center you trust to fit and receive them for you. if you miss delivery at home just pick them up from the depot the day you want to fit them. simples

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=9921.msg414511#msg414511 date=1352908444]
[quote author=geogan link=topic=9921.msg414490#msg414490 date=1352846247]

Can I send them to some tyre centre from Camskill order somehow?

[/quote]

If you find a tyre center you trust to fit and receive them for you. if you miss delivery at home just pick them up from the depot the day you want to fit them. simples
[/quote]

good idea :thumbsup:

So Camskill has some dublin depot or is is DPD or other courier they use and the DPD/courier depot you're talking about? They leave a missed delivery note then? So would be fine if they did. I wonder could I tell courier to leave them at depot and just tell me instead of wasting their time attempting delivery?

ps. was talking to garage owner in Dublin (while getting other things done there today) about tyres, fitting costs etc. He wanted €25 per tyre to fit because they are not bought from him and he hates English tyres coming over, also gave me quote for 4 Eagle F1 2s for €240 each (€960 in total :cuckoo:). He also said I don't need Eagle F1 because I don't have a "performance" car and cheaper Kumhos would do me :hjtwofinger: He drives a porsche. i said what tires do you put on that - he said Goodyear :lolpoint:

Back