Track day car

:clap: Good man all sorted congrads looks tricky enough hope it goes well Sunday :thumbsup: fair play to the lads too :clap:

Cheers Joe it's really not too bad,if some cheese eating fag smoking French dude could slap it together,surely paddy could attempt it[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Oh went through a few shafts too. Always kept a few spare cause was a common problem. Gearbox was the biggest problem I had. Why it was parked up. Gearbox would only last half the track day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was cracked casings the problem?

Cool[emoji106]that's huge power in a wee Saxo.If your using the standard vts MA box your wasting your time as there only ok for around 170 bhp at best.There is a guy caller Stewart Summers in the Uk with that kinda power in his Super charged Saxo and he is using the BE gearbox.As far as I know there is a BE3 BE4 and BE6 I'm not as well up on the BE box but they have some better ratio options and FD ratios,some lads mix and match Final drives and clusters from one to the other to get the best of both worlds.The conversion is not an easy one with a lot of messing with mounts,shafts and hubs.But this is a must for your kinda power and as Joe said I'd be looking at uprated shafts and Clutch too.
These guys do a good looking kit for the mounts to get the box mounted.But I think finding the correct shafts can be a pain,or I think ATS also do a BE conversion shaft but could be expensive.

http://www.atspeedracing.co.uk/products/index.php?route=product/category&path=57

I'd love to see done photos of your Saxo or if you have some video also,must be a rocket ship.sounds like you have 90/100 bhp more than I do[emoji16]

Thanks it's somewhere to start looking anyway. I wouldn't be up to strach with the different types of gearboxes. Was some machine to go around mondello. Surprised a lot of lads on the track. About 4 years since it was last out. Too long. Iv no videos but iv a few photos I'll post. Had loads more but all on a old phone that's gone.
f575f8ccbea6315c1fe4325d5515d72d.jpg
56f5807c1eae8e916909c3e96bf601a6.jpg
2d4c1ba1a08d8d68dab8f904a6b3db27.jpg
69615e0276ed1e49222d7c2ec6c6ebeb.jpg
21b3a06aee31593f071c13437d0a51ac.jpg
270b871ae90f0a1a1148f96aba57e292.jpg

Thanks it's somewhere to start looking anyway. I wouldn't be up to strach with the different types of gearboxes. Was some machine to go around mondello. Surprised a lot of lads on the track. About 4 years since it was last out. Too long. Iv no videos but iv a few photos I'll post. Had loads more but all on a old phone that's gone.
f575f8ccbea6315c1fe4325d5515d72d.jpg
56f5807c1eae8e916909c3e96bf601a6.jpg
2d4c1ba1a08d8d68dab8f904a6b3db27.jpg
69615e0276ed1e49222d7c2ec6c6ebeb.jpg
21b3a06aee31593f071c13437d0a51ac.jpg
270b871ae90f0a1a1148f96aba57e292.jpg

Class I'd love to super charge mine at some stage but to stay it future classics I can't make it any faster with barrier time.Was the super charger kit a big job?looks nice and neat there man[emoji106]

Last edited:
Class I'd love to super charge mine at some stage but to stay it future classics I can't make it any faster with barrier time.Was the super charger kit a bit job?looks nice and neat there man[emoji106]

Wasn't to bad now. Was all bolt on. Intercooler was a pain cutting and trying to make it fit. Engine internals came with it but I got that built. I wouldn't chance doing that. I didn't think it be as much power. Taught be around the 180bhp mark so wasn't worried about the gear box at the time. But it sh*t itself every time I took it out.

Wasn't to bad now. Was all bolt on. Intercooler was a pain cutting and trying to make it fit. Engine internals came with it but I got that built. I wouldn't chance doing that. I didn't think it be as much power. Taught be around the 180bhp mark so wasn't worried about the gear box at the time. But it sh*t itself every time I took it out.

The MA box is made from chocolate[emoji23]You really need BE conversion or back off some boost if you can,I think these engines can reach 180 on Bodies cams and a good map,but the charger really pushes them over 200[emoji106]

**** that's a fair machine and some pilot too. I may look more into this be conversion so cause backing off boost is a no go. Ya no of anyone that would have a gearbox. Iv no gearbox in it at all now at the moment.

CieranRSRA on hear I know had a few BE boxs in storage.But I know a few lads use the C4 Picasso box and modify mounts shafts and hubs.Id say a good place to start would be finding out what BE box has the best FD and working from there.i also think there is a Berlingo box out there with a 4.9 FD.
But I'd say the Picasso box would be handy got and very cheap in any scrap yard.The biggest thing would be getting it all mounted up and then getting shafts and hubs sorted.That Picasso box is also cable shift so that's s nice upgrade too

CieranRSRA on hear I know had a few BE boxs in storage.But I know a few lads use the C4 Picasso box and modify mounts shafts and hubs.Id say a good place to start would be finding out what BE box has the best FD and working from there.i also think there is a Berlingo box out there with a 4.9 FD.
But I'd say the Picasso box would be handy got and very cheap in any scrap yard.The biggest thing would be getting it all mounted up and then getting shafts and hubs sorted.That Picasso box is also cable shift so that's s nice upgrade too

Iv a lot of work ahead of me so and plenty of homework to do. Thanks for the advice. Great help to get me started. [emoji106]

Would ye be as well off goin for somethin like a starlet turbo box and just make an adaptor plate for it? Some where like drive shaft services would make the shafts for ye and you'd have a box that was strong and handy to source bits for

Would ye be as well off goin for somethin like a starlet turbo box and just make an adaptor plate for it? Some where like drive shaft services would make the shafts for ye and you'd have a box that was strong and handy to source bits for

Never heard ad anyone doing this conversion,would the splines fit the clutch plate?or are you proposing fitting Starlet clutch also?The Be box is very strong and should be well up to the job without the bother of an adaptor plate.Its just a case of getting one and getting it fitted.Some lads change the hubs to suite the shafts and others taper the ends to fit.But I'd like to see a starlet box and see how they match up,could be a good alternative[emoji106]

Never heard ad anyone doing this conversion,would the splines fit the clutch plate?or are you proposing fitting Starlet clutch also?The Be box is very strong and should be well up to the job without the bother of an adaptor plate.Its just a case of getting one and getting it fitted.Some lads change the hubs to suite the shafts and others taper the ends to fit.But I'd like to see a starlet box and see how they match up,could be a good alternative[emoji106]

Don't know anything about the BE box but there are loads of good fwd boxes that could be used if ye figured out the adaptor plate and clutch, would be a bit of messin but if your gonna mess round with mounts and stuff it might be worth goin that extra step and havin the likes of a 6speed box from some plentiful and cheap jap alternative!

Don't know anything about the BE box but there are loads of good fwd boxes that could be used if ye figured out the adaptor plate and clutch, would be a bit of messin but if your gonna mess round with mounts and stuff it might be worth goin that extra step and havin the likes of a 6speed box from some plentiful and cheap jap alternative!

It's not a bad idea in fairness,my plan at some stage is to get my hands on a few of the BE boxs and try make one good strong close ratio box with a good final drive for Mondello.Id say I'm near my limit with a an MA and the way I drive doesn't help[emoji16]

What part of the MA box gives up on them?

Most of the time the casting on the case cracks around the diff as far as I know,I didn't break one myself but I'm only around the 140/150 bhp mark so should be safe for now

Mine always went in 3rd gear. It break the teeth on the crown gear on the diff and the other gears. Every time.

Another Amazing day at Mondello yesterday!We had two demo races but with 20+ cars on grid which was great for a demo.The weather was perfect for racing and that we did[emoji1]We done a lottery pull for grid spots on both races and I pulled 13th and 8th for race 1&2 respectively,I was happy to fight through the pack and finish 3rd in both races[emoji106]
Some on board of race no.1 below[emoji592][emoji100]
https://youtu.be/tHT_nJlCO-c

Last edited:
Back