Track day car

Because I didn't compleat all my rounds as I had to leave early it left me way back.they set me up as a dual driven car for this reason so I could get laps in but still didn't get them all in.so the blanks get filled in as 6 min runs instead of the average runs I was doing around 2:22 on clear runs but I was coming on some traffic and that was killing my times.
But mid way through I was 6th in class of 20 cars so I know the car is well up to the job and I'll get the full rounds in next time so I'll get a better idea where I'm at.
I'll try post up some of the times from the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.protosport.co.uk/rsa/results/class.pdf

I'm in class 4 near bottom with two others that didn't compleat all stages it was 7 to count from nine but I only got 4 for one number and 3 for the other the rest added up as 6's [emoji30]
I'd say if I could have stayed for another hour I would have got 7 done,but I didn't mind it was a test day really and I gave the Saxo a pass[emoji1]

Fair play adrian, some yoke to move, looks great and well driven. Car is a credit to your hard work.

Fair play adrian, some yoke to move, looks great and well driven. Car is a credit to your hard work.

Thanks very much[emoji106]I'm very happy with it.The car has surprised me how it gets around on par with some big money cars out there.

Brilliant!!! You must be delighted with yourself and the car now, you have come a long way and done some great work on the car, this is grass roots motorsport at its best and you have nailed it. Congrats.

The box had been a great success and it's mad how quick them rear tyres heat up on track.great bit of driving out of you and I wouldnt be a happy bunny driving that scooby with the little saxo clipping it's ears, onwards and upwards welldone

Brilliant!!! You must be delighted with yourself and the car now, you have come a long way and done some great work on the car, this is grass roots motorsport at its best and you have nailed it. Congrats.

The box had been a great success and it's mad how quick them rear tyres heat up on track.great bit of driving out of you and I wouldnt be a happy bunny driving that scooby with the little saxo clipping it's ears, onwards and upwards welldone

Cheers for that it's been a blast since I have brought this little car from Donegal,and it has taken me on some journey and I have met some great people along the way and I'm loving it[emoji1]
Looking forward to plenty more events this year and my first ISDC track day.The car will always be upgraded in a constant search for quicker times however I can[emoji106]

It's time to make a trailer been looking on donedeal and adverts and there is noting in my budget,so I have decided to build one.
This will be my first build so I'm looking forward to the challenge,it won't be too fancy in thinking go of twin axel with 4 wheel braking using hydraulics,I'll fit a hand brake and use this on two wheels using the cables.
I popped in Mullingar dismantles after work today and picked up two transit axels to get the ball rolling.
Tomorrow I'll pick up a few lengths of 50x80 steel for the main chassis and start working on that first.
I got a few measurements today and the plan is they I can open the door over the wheel so I don't have to be getting out the boot.

Pic of the axles
112e2d2a246fba991d6d31c8a7e2b3a5.jpg

Before you go buying steel look up the regs on trailers, I believe you need a stamped trailer if twin axel

I heard this but can't afford one so I'm willing to ask for forgiveness than permission,I'm still pondering just doing a single axel job but I'd rather the twin.
I thought them regs kicked in when you went over 3500kg for trailer and load?

Any trailer can have an inspection by an engineer and if it passes it is eligible for a chassis plate and stamped as Road worthy

wagon dec

Any trailer can have an inspection by an engineer and if it passes it is eligible for a chassis plate and stamped as Road worthy

wagon dec

I'm going to get you to inspect my trailer Dec there will be a score in the ash tray[emoji1]

If the trailer is half as good as the saxo it will get a stamp no bother boss
looking forward to the building loss of pics please

If the trailer is half as good as the saxo it will get a stamp no bother boss
looking forward to the building loss of pics please

Cheers Keith I'll do the best I can anyway should be fun[emoji1]Esb Bill will be nuts next month[emoji30]

My advice and I know it's over your budget but. If you spend 1800/2000 euros on a Brian James car transporter you will always get your money back for it anyday and you wouldn't know its behind the van . Home made trailers are worth 500 quid max

I know the budget doesn't allow adrain But Not the simplest thing in the world to make a Transporter that tows straight being there And all that .

My advice and I know it's over your budget but. If you spend 1800/2000 euros on a Brian James car transporter you will always get your money back for it anyday and you wouldn't know its behind the van . Home made trailers are worth 500 quid max

I know the budget doesn't allow adrain But Not the simplest thing in the world to make a Transporter that tows straight being there And all that .

I would love a Brian James but even if I had 2k it would kill me to spend it on a trailer.i have pulled a few bad trailers before so I know where your coming from.ill be taking my time to get this right I'm not too concerned what it will be worth,if I can build a good safe transporter with brakes and lights for under 500 euro or there abouts I'll be happy enough:)
I could not explain a nice Brian James trailer landing in my garage!!!!!

Back