Track day car

[emoji846][emoji846]
d4804331f122ec11c342c126a3dd648d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

She canny take it Captain [emoji23][emoji23]

Your the first man I know trying to reduce power on a track car :icon_biggrin: 240 in a car that light will be a weapon :thumbsup:

More important for the car to have some reliability rather than power. I don?t think the car would be very drivable around Mondello with a lot more power than 240.

Over the winter I?d completely re spraying the car and wrapping in my company logos. Might as well advertise myself:)

I?m adding a lot of fiberglass panels to get the weight below 800kg
If I got it to this it would be a sweet spot I think.

08ce436a0e5b576d1527a51ff4bf4a32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New pulley and belt fitted this evening, hopefully now it will be a little more reserved [emoji28]

061f6a97ff1c6913621262e84e57807e.jpg

Final results back from Westward today. The bigger pulley kept the car at 260bhp @ 7100 rpm. Bit more than expected but I?m delighted with it.
The torque moved up a little which is probably easier on the car and should see less twin black lines and broken bits;)..
Boost is now around .9 which was the target.

86a0d0f1315e0ba81e9ece9ceb50794b.jpg

e8c0dca9a3e954ad19f55a23121a1e71.jpg

Fantastic result Adrian...

Martin's great at what he does.

Cheers man, ya he is brilliant in fairness. I really like his approach, not behind the door about telling you right from wrong and he is normally spot on. Very obliging also, it?s important to have that trust.

Little video edit of the build and a little spin down the road after mapping.
Feels really powerful now. Not the kinda car that you can stamp on the peddle anymore, it?s more of a squeeze than a than a stamp[emoji28]

https://youtu.be/r03JZFIhbs0

This winter I plan on a whole new look for the car and some small mechanical upgrades like getting my shocks sent back to Gaz for a full service.
While I?m changing the look of the car I?m going to replace all panels for fiberglass.

I?m most likely going to spray the car completely white and brand it in my own company colours and logo along with any sponsor decals. I?m probably going for a less is more approach.

I?m not sure what weight the car is now after fitting the super charger but I?d guess around 815/820
The target is the get it sub 800kg and hopefully achieving 325 bhp per tonne.

Below is just the bonnet and head lights, I?ll most likely replace doors and wings for fiberglass, it will also save my pulling around 50% of the stickers[emoji28]

ce753b9b5c82a9626b3f1d6d88763684.jpg

Little video edit of the build and a little spin down the road after mapping.
Feels really powerful now. Not the kinda car that you can stamp on the peddle anymore, it?s more of a squeeze than a than a stamp[emoji28]

Impressive Adrian... some amount of work gone into that to get the car where it is today.
Any wins on track, are more than just "good driving" wins given that it is in a machine you developed yourself to be highly competitive! Credit to you man!

Impressive Adrian... some amount of work gone into that to get the car where it is today.
Any wins on track, are more than just "good driving" wins given that it is in a machine you developed yourself to be highly competitive! Credit to you man!

Cheers man!
It?s a good buzz when you get a result from something you cobbled together yourself. Hopefully next year it will be a bit more competitive as it?s always been out gunned for power in ITCC. It?s very much in the limit now so I?ll have to be mindful of reliability.

Back