Top Gear last night

Sixth and final show of this series this Sunday.

Quote:
Right, the final show. Well, the big news is that Sabine is back with a vengeance. You may remember her as the scorching racing driver who schooled Jeremy in his attempt to whack a Jag round the 'Ring in under 10 minutes; now she fronts a German version of Top Gear, with three presenters, and so naturally we issued a challenge - bring some cars, meet us in Belgium, and basically come and have a go if you think you're hard enough. So they did, and it's a big extravaganza of a shootout that swings from It's a Knockout to some cracking hard racing. And there are, if I say so myself, some priceless moments. Just watch out for Jeremy's partner in one of the races, that's all I'm saying. And also there's a twist at the end, just like a proper Hitchcock thriller.
In addition to that we have Hammond doing the power test, which is the road-going version of the Gumpert Apollo. It is devastatingly ugly, and also devastatingly fast, so practise moving your eyeballs quickly from left to right before you watch the film. Then there's James on his own in Japan, looking at Japan's secret car company.
Finally, as I write this, Jay Kay is coming down with his sights fixed firmly on Cowell's lap time. In truth, I think he's the only star around at the moment with the speed to knock Cowell off the top, and bugger me is he hungry for it. So, no rain dances from anyone please. Let your gardens wither - we need a dry track on Wednesday.

Back