this club makes you violent!!!!!!( well not violent)

OK i see u edited ur last post nearly 20 mins after u posted, were it did end at the first quistion mark
were u have gone on defending this guy, witch ur entitled to, but we are all entitled to our opinion,
so get over it, he aint ur mate.

Jesus the bitching in this club has gotten out of hand. Every topic ends up in an arguement :new_argue: :sucks: I used to look forward to reading through the threads, now they all go off topic :angry1:

ah lads i feel brutal now shuda kept me mouth shut :shhh: everyone is entitled to an off day as someone said but he was an arrogant git, i didnt think the post would cause such an uproar

apologies
paddy

i think we should give people six months on the forum and if they dont join up delete there profile as this is a club not a just forum

i dont usual get into rows/disputes/etc. but lately the forum is getting out of hand
i pay a traders fee anually ,this doesnt still make me a member ,i then pay my member ship fee but i am okay with this but if i didnt should my profile be delated?
i am sick of people making unrealistic ,uncalled for and unfair comments if some one has a problem with something thats fine and if this envoles them then their opnion,views,etc are relevent but does the rest of club have to add thier negative points etc. there is enough bad feels ,heartache, etc in these current tough and trying times so lets not bring the club down to unplesant and uninviting levels
this is ISDC --IRISH SUBARU DRIVERS CLUB == lets keep it that and not == a bitter forum with no craic that sometimes met and chat about cars club.==
THIS IS NO DIRECTED AT ANYONE
P.S good job there isnt a oppisite to karma that we could give each other!!!!

now can we all take a chillpill,turn on country music ,crank up the flat four,hit the rev limiter and think subaru :thumbsup:

DENIS555

OK i see u edited your last post nearly 20 mins after u posted, were it did end at the first quistion mark
were u have gone on defending this guy,

Right i have read your above post a few times and i dont get the point your making maybe you can explain? :dontknow: :ponder2:
SCOOBYWRX, there is not any real point in talking to you about this as you dont seem to be getting the whole point im tryting to make, either that or ya dnt give shite,
I think its wrong this guy or any guy has been run down and called a nob etc etc on an open forum because he either isnt in the club or wasnt full of chat, and to make it worse majoritly by people that werent there. But if you happy to judge the guy and you dont know him, well thats your call. :thumbsup:
In fairness its not a a very inviting or great post for non members or potential members to read either.

Thread should of been deleted along time ago, why would anybody want to join the club after reading half the posts in this thread.

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=14776.msg183038#msg183038 date=1241226831]
Jesus the bitching in this club has gotten out of hand. Every topic ends up in an arguement :new_argue: :sucks: I used to look forward to reading through the threads, now they all go off topic :angry1:
[/quote]

have to agree.. its gone to fcuk and it's getting worse... sure its natural people have differnet opinions on things. I mightn't share the same views as some members but I don't make issues of it as there are many like me. yes its good to have honest open views on things but its the constant women bitching shite thats bringing me down..I've not gone to many events only a few and I'm a member a while but thas cause of work and my personal life but I'd be on the form alot but its starting to depress me logging on here.

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=14776.msg183144#msg183144 date=1241299540]
why would anybody want to join the club after reading half the posts in this thread.
[/quote]

agreed totally

[quote author=KENC link=topic=14776.msg183142#msg183142 date=1241298716]
OK i see u edited your last post nearly 20 mins after u posted, were it did end at the first quistion mark
were u have gone on defending this guy,

Right i have read your above post a few times and i dont get the point your making maybe you can explain? :dontknow: :ponder2:
SCOOBYWRX, there is not any real point in talking to you about this as you dont seem to be getting the whole point im tryting to make, either that or ya dnt give shite,
I think its wrong this guy or any guy has been run down and called a nob etc etc on an open forum because he either isnt in the club or wasnt full of chat, and to make it worse majoritly by people that werent there. But if you happy to judge the guy and you dont know him, well thats your call. :thumbsup:
In fairness its not a a very inviting or great post for non members or potential members to read either.
[/quote]
Ok i will explain for you, you originaly posted, were you there? and were you talking to him?
hence my first reply, you then edited and added to it hence my second reply was in response
to what you had added, hope that clears that up for you, cheers.

Got you now, kind of.. When i added to my oiriginal post yourreply wasnt posted yet, think my edited post was barely up few seconds befor your reply, think i hit the sack then :thumbsup:

ye i no what you mean, i was in the middle of my first response
when you edited and was unaware you had done so,
just a little slow at the typing :comp26: :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=14776.msg183016#msg183016 date=1241218518]
i think we should give people six months on the forum and if they dont join up delete there profile as this is a club not a just forum
Ah i dont think i would go for that,
Dont see Scoobynet or 22B doing that... Thats kind of saying either pay up or fuk off and making us out to be shower of w****rs, and i for one dont want to be apart of a club or forum that does that, i treat non members and members all same, i was a member about 3 years ago, then was a none member for maybe 2 years and only recently joined back up, only got pack other day THANKS LADS :thumbsup
Not everyone feel same way about a car, that guy may love his car and think more of it than any of us but is not into the whole forum/club thing and thats there choice, just because you buy a Subaru doesnt mean you join the club, maybe he asked a simple question on another forum at some stage and some arsehole was smart with him and turned him off forums or clubs.

Fairplay to you the guy must have been a nob jockie

Some people we are better off without

Sounds like a real tool, hate people who feel they are too cool

Lads, not being a dry shite here but FFS your Dogn this guy cause he not on the forum or club :snooty: Think its bad form
Dont know what original poster posted it up for
[/quote]

maybe [quote author=Denis555 link=topic=14776.msg183138#msg183138 date=1241296465]

i dont usual get into rows/disputes/etc. but lately the forum is getting out of hand
i pay a traders fee anually ,this doesnt still make me a member ,i then pay my member ship fee but i am okay with this but if i didnt should my profile be delated?
i am sick of people making unrealistic ,uncalled for and unfair comments if some one has a problem with something thats fine and if this envoles them then their opnion,views,etc are relevent but does the rest of club have to add thier negative points etc. there is enough bad feels ,heartache, etc in these current tough and trying times so lets not bring the club down to unplesant and uninviting levels
this is ISDC --IRISH SUBARU DRIVERS CLUB == lets keep it that and not == a bitter forum with no craic that sometimes met and chat about cars club.==
THIS IS NO DIRECTED AT ANYONE
P.S good job there isnt a oppisite to karma that we could give each other!!!!

now can we all take a chillpill,turn on country music ,crank up the flat four,hit the rev limiter and think subaru :thumbsup:

DENIS555

[/quote]

why do you pay your membership fee?

att.kenc reply to you post no.16

if we the paying members didnt pay how long do you think this club would last?

scoobynet is a full time business with a shop to make profit

the hole point with the six month thing was ,some people come on here to look at buying a car , others buy a car then look for info on it for running it, if they dont enjoy the forum and dont feel there interested in the club after six months , what would they be giving to the club.

as it say on the home page "The Club is a non-profit making organisation, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.

The ISDC was established in 1999 and joined in 2000 by an Irish web-based club. Together our aim is to share knowledge and experience of Subaru ownership and how owners can fully appreciate and enjoy the Subaru driving experience. We aim to offer non-partial advice on how best to achieve this and along with our sponsors give the best value parts and services for our members.

The majority of activities and discussion takes place on our Forum and we would encourage all of our members to join in on the discussion. We will also aim to send text alerts and newsletters detailing all upcoming events and also report on previously held events. We aim to organise a variety of events throughout the year such as Meetings, Track Days, Rolling Road Days, Charity Drives, Photo Shoots and many more. There are also many local meets during the year so people can put faces to names and have an informal chat about their Subarus. This is also where new members can come along and see what the ISDC is all about.

We hope that all members of the ISDC will find the club a friendly, knowledgeable and approachable place where they can express and share their views and knowledge and enjoy the experience for both themselves and their families

why did you decide to pay your membership?

i pay membership because thats how the club runs if you want to be a member you have to pay for it , i think this is grand and if i didnt i would nt pay it

any one who doesnt want to be a full member doesnt have to pay

i enjoy the club forum ,i dont get to mets because of the 150+miles travel needed for most of them

DUFFMAN, That was a very long winded education you gave me on the Club, dont see the point really :ponder2:, im well aware of what the club is about as ive said its not my first year here or anything.
As said above somewhere, i was a full member few years ago and then wasnt for another few, the only reason i re joined this time was No1. because i was getting back more into my Type r again and had few things i was planning on doing and was thinking of trying to get to few meets and days etc now that i have house built and have more time, No2 Was simply to support the club a bit, i havnt been to a meet yet and wont be now as my car sh*t itself, and i know i can still go but to be honest i wouldnt be botherd when i havent a scooby to go in, i would just get depressed looking at everyone elses. so that now leaves to support the club, So basically same as Dennis, no reason but to support.

By your testimony above, its obvious that you love the club and are enthusiastic about it, and thats great for the club to have people like yourself involved.clubs cant survive without yee,
But not everyone is going to have the same interest or love that you have, and they may not want to become a full member and probably never will..
so my question would be
"What do you expect to achieve by deleting profiles after 6mnths?" as i dont think anyone will be pushed into paying membership and " How can the Club benefit from this?"

As its a small country and we can only attract a certain percentage of that i think we should we should be glad of non members aswell as full members, they keep traffic flowing through site, topics are fresh and changing im sure Traders benefit from them as do people that are selling bits or maybe buying off these guys.
I think it makes a WE ARE DESPERATE FOR MEMBERS feel to club by puting a time limit on free access, and i think joining the club should be left to the merits of club and not because you have to after 6mnths or your profile is deleted.
im not up in computers etc so im not sure of the work involved in policing your idea, and if deleted can they not just start a new profile? i know IP address could be marked but this seems like a lot of work on volunteer people, and again have to ask whats the point or benefit too the club?

And why did you post up that?
I answerd your question about why i joined :thumbsup:.......But As for my questions DUFFMAN, you havent answerd them at all :dontknow:
"What do you expect to achieve by deleting profiles after 6mnths?"
" How can the Club benefit from this?"

lads i might be a fresh member on here but can you not pm each other
and keep off the live form. the bitchin and whining goin on
lately is un-natural, would make people think twice about joining the ISDC.
:1poke: :1poke:

Back