THERMAL INLET MANIFOLD SPACERS - 65.00 DELIVERED NATIONWIDE

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Morning All,

I decided a while back to source 8mm Phenolic Resin sheet for designing a set of custom thermal gaskets for my own build. Mine were a hybrid type for a Phase 1 (V1-V4 - MY92-98) Inlet manifold that is being mated up to a set of Phase 2 (V5 onward - MY98-2007) cylinder heads. As I had to buy a large sheet of the material to produce these I decided to get some extra sets of Phase 2 (MY98-2007) Thermal gaskets precision CNC cut at the same time to try and offset the cost of the expensive material... And 1 x set of Phase 1.

These are highly effective gaskets for preventing heat-soak from your engine to your inlet manifold, therefore lowering your air intake temp substantially and therefore supplying cooler, denser air to your engine. If you’ve ever place your hand on your inlet manifold after a hard drive you’ll know how hot they got. I’ve been informed they can also increase your mid-range torque too as it increases the volume of your manifold due to the extra 8mm lift in manifold height.

Tests using 8mm thermal gaskets on Subaru engines have seen up to a 44 degree C (100 degree Fahrenheit) drop in intake temp. So these are a proven & effective way of lowering your air intake charge.

I’ve sourced longer S/S M8 Cap bolts/Washers to allow for the increase in height and to replace your standard OEM bolts. I’d advice fitting 2 new OEM Subaru metal gaskets on either side of the thermal spacer when fitting as they allow you to run a higher than standard boost then just using gasket sealer. These can be gotten through Subaru (OEM Part # - 14035AA421) or from Import Car parts …

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts_info.asp?id=3639&cat=96&sub=97&sec=142&var=74&dc=y&gen=&searchKey=

I’ve even made up some fancy boxes through work to post them in too!

An equivalent kit from Cosworth on a thinner Phenolic Resin are 100.00 euro inclusive of postage.

I’ve a batch of these available as full kits for €65.00 posted nationwide for full members! (Delivered by Registered/Insured mail).

that's a 10% discount to full members as I'll incur the postage fee.

PM me or post here if you are interested in a set. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jamie.

Re: THERMAL INLET MANIFOLD SPACERS

using similar on my build and find them great, packaging wasnt as fancy as your jamie looks like a great kit and well presented,just a note to meth users paper gaskets will not work as the meth will destroy them and you will need to replace with steel ones,

@ Al... I never realised how effective these were until I started reading up on them. Common sense I suppose... keep your inlet cool... and your outlet hot!!

:turbo:

@Keith... Cheers lad... Making boxes is what I do for a living :icon_rolleyes: And yeah... they'll fit all EJ20/22/25 engines from 1998 up to 2007... WRX or STI.

was thinking to reverse the manifold, eventually, so ill take one if you live around Dublin, Jamie. :thumbsup:

[quote author=vitalie link=topic=37821.msg433608#msg433608 date=1367486092]
was thinking to reverse the manifold, eventually, so ill take one if you live around Dublin, Jamie. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

PM'd :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=37821.msg433609#msg433609 date=1367486530]
[quote author=vitalie link=topic=37821.msg433608#msg433608 date=1367486092]
[/quote]

PM'd :thumbsup:
[/quote]

pm me your number Jamie and ill give ya a call, i rather collect it :goodjob:

THERMAL INLET MANIFOLD SPACERS

I'll take one it be tomoro evening before get to top up PayPal though

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=37821.msg433603#msg433603 date=1367484369]
One and only set of Phase 1 are provisionally sold.
[/quote]

If I had of known you had a set j I would have taken them, put my name on them if there not taken, I presume there are for v1/2 heads?

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=37821.msg434399#msg434399 date=1368103766]
I'll take one it be tomoro evening before get to top up PayPal though
[/quote]

No bother Ian. :thumbsup:

PM me your delivery address when you get a chance.

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=37821.msg434404#msg434404 date=1368104588]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=37821.msg433603#msg433603 date=1367484369]
One and only set of Phase 1 are provisionally sold.
[/quote]

If I had of known you had a set j I would have taken them, put my name on them if there not taken, I presume there are for v1/2 heads?
[/quote]

Sorry Johnny.. sold them last night.

Back