There are some special people in this world

Besides the car looking tacky and overpriced these comments get my blood boiling "Would rather keep car but wife forces sale" man up and grow a pair :icon_twisted:

think i remember this for sale a few years back aswell pretty optestimic guy. but how can it have one careful lady owner and the wife forces sale?

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=42980.msg492688#msg492688 date=1412892798]
The lady owner is actually a priest(ess) and only ever used the car to go to mass.
[/quote]
She must be looking for some devine inspiration at that price ;-)

saw that civic earlier dave! was in shock! and the worst thing is some plonker will probably pay it, i don't care what's done to it, a fwd civic with a civic engine is not worth 8grand!!

[quote author=daveR link=topic=42980.msg492662#msg492662 date=1412887414]
Besides the car looking tacky and overpriced these comments get my blood boiling "Would rather keep car but wife forces sale" man up and grow a pair :icon_twisted:
[/quote]

Also says "One careful lady owner" but then refers that the owner is a man that his wife is forcing him to sell. This makes no sense. 12k is wayyyy too much anyway!

Price is too much for that car and I'm not defending it but the attitude is this thread, and countless threads before it, is half the reason why lads miss out on getting good prices on well maintained cars with choice mods.
A decent car can easily be worth double the price of a piece of sh*t. There's no perspective in the Irish market, just because someone buys a car for X amount doesn't imply a similar car is worth X amount. I seen this with the B4 market, 100's of them imported cheaply not maintained, not mapped run cheaply because of cheap insurance and then sold on just before they sh*t themselves. The car gets a reputation for being unreliable and the arse drops out of the price of the car. No one bothers to ring or view the car because its priced a few quid more than the others yet its worth twice as much.
If he gets 12k from the right buyer I say fair play.

I would not mind paying 8k for that well maintained 50k kms WRX in great condition, but I feel like 12k is just too much. You can get a decent STI for that price

one thing that doesnt feel right about the add is, that he shows there that it has 51k KM! but the speedometer has highest value at 180. WRX will easily go over, plus he mentioned its imported, so I assume its gonna be miles. Then its false information as the 51k will be in miles, and that makes it 80k KM, which is suddenly different pricerange for me at least.

All these threads do is undermine the market. It indirectly effects the value of your own car, needless speculation on the value of a car you know nothing about serves no one but the new buyer. If he gets a higher value for his car it increases the likely hood of you getting a higher value. You're just shitting on your own doorstep.

I may get flammed for saying this but i wouldnt sell my 05 WRX Prodrive with 53k for any less than 10k, its well looked after.. The good ones will only get harder to find in time to come.

My wide track sti in perfect condition wouldn't be sold dirt cheap either.
Just saw an evo 9 this evening a guy's after giving €15 k for.A clean car will always get good money.

The Subaru is overpriced no doubt. Just a word on the Civic, looks clean and has nice spec, you would do well to import one from Japan and VRT it for that money these days, all Hondas making big twine over there. I bet he will get 6.5k for it anyway.

Jesus lads, just came across this thread and then realised it was about my motor!

Is this the sort of sh*t talk that goes on in this club? No wonder the arse has fallin out of the value of second hand Subarus :(

To clarify all queries, bought this car with 4,206km in 2006 for €28000. Herself drove it for a few years before the mortgage, kids came along. Parked her up in 2010 as we had to get an economical diesel for work etc. Brought her back out earlier this year and spent quite a few quid on her for the NCT.

As for looking tacky, 90% of the Imprezas on the market at the moment have either been banged, abused or had worthless junk "upgrades" done to them! I actually couldn't find another one with similar condition/mileage to compare prices to.

Lads the car is f**king mint, never has had even as much as a scratch so what should i be prepared to take for her???

[quote author=Fullerton link=topic=42980.msg493834#msg493834 date=1414003479]
Jesus lads, just came across this thread and then realised it was about my motor!

Is this the sort of sh*t talk that goes on in this club? No wonder the arse has fallin out of the value of second hand Subarus :(

To clarify all queries, bought this car with 4,206km in 2006 for €28000. Herself drove it for a few years before the mortgage, kids came along. Parked her up in 2010 as we had to get an economical diesel for work etc. Brought her back out earlier this year and spent quite a few quid on her for the NCT.

As for looking tacky, 90% of the Imprezas on the market at the moment have either been banged, abused or had worthless junk "upgrades" done to them! I actually couldn't find another one with similar condition/mileage to compare prices to.

Lads the car is f**king mint, never has had even as much as a scratch so what should i be prepared to take for her???
[/quote]
We never said she was a bad car anything along those lines... €8500 would be a reasonable price

Back