The insane market

moro_46

Sunday Drivers
So as we all know the market has been insane the past year or so! But this has just taken the piss. Like us all i wait for the perfect Subaru to come up (Legacy GT) but no joy, then this ad gets refreshed last week or so. Now i have seen this car online for the past year easily and ive seen it in the flesh but it was advertised at 29,995. Its now 39,995!!! For a car that wasn't obviously getting much attention how is adding 10k extra going to sell it! Its the ultimate piss take IMO!! Anybody else agree?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-very-rare-car-2-5l-turbo-4/25906932

treehouse of horror homer GIF
Let’s think of a price 39k sounds good 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@710 I feel robbed can't imagine that bill on top of all the rest of all the huge Irish motoring costs..beautiful car but crazy stuff for tax alone🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So as we all know the market has been insane the past year or so! But this has just taken the piss. Like us all i wait for the perfect Subaru to come up (Legacy GT) but no joy, then this ad gets refreshed last week or so. Now i have seen this car online for the past year easily and ive seen it in the flesh but it was advertised at 29,995. Its now 39,995!!! For a car that wasn't obviously getting much attention how is adding 10k extra going to sell it! Its the ultimate piss take IMO!! Anybody else agree?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-very-rare-car-2-5l-turbo-4/25906932

How has the hunt been for a Legacy GT. I have one myself which i brought in from Japan. I can't imagine many come up for sale here?

There’s a black hawk eye for sale in Sligo in FK same story been for sale the last probably year was up for 19950 I was ringing him to come view the car as I was interested back in may nearly every day for 3 weeks I was ringing and I was getting a different excuse every time or he would tell me yea come ahead just ring before u leave if ring and it wouldn’t suit he told me he would have to nct it before selling it. Car is still for sale still hasn’t been nct but price has gone up like 3K

And every so often I consider selling my Legacy GT as it just sits in the garage fully insures, gets serviced and I have no reason to drive it lately but I'd never cash out at someone else's expensive, maybe I'm daft but if I did sell her, sure what else could you buy, everything is gone too expensive.

Very true Fla. Since they never really come up for sale i have no gauge either of the market rate for them these days.

The only way I'd get back into a Subaru is for the E-Boxer to actually work so the tax is low. I couldn't justify a high price of an S edition or another limited version, only to pay the 710 again. I don't miss my car (early days yet) but the brand is done in this country.

Subaru eboxer not an option either when the prices are 50-63k for a forester and outback it’s just nuts . There using the same 2.5 hybrid as the Toyota RAV4 but are 15-20k more expensive .
So we’re in a situation that the old 08 petrol are the last of the good ones the 08-14diesel usually explode and the new ones are way too expensive to buy . 63k for forester that’s going to be worth 27k in 3 years 🥺

I don’t think anybody would be too surprised at this stage if Subaru followed Mitsubishi and ceased new car sales altogether.

Can see it coming really . America is the main market now and Europe is not even worth considering

Well just look at the new Outback/Foz Wilderness in the US. They're completely playing up the offroad aspect of AWD and camping with these vehicles.

The big fear for Subaru is that almost all larger EV saloons and SUV’s are standard AWD and if not it’s usually an option and an easy one for manufacturers to offer.

I can tell ye that Subaru Ireland pretty much ceases to exist. Basically a distributor now.
My local dealer, Slattery's, have stopped selling them and only officially have parts and service until June 2023.
Going forward there are going to be only 4 dealers in Ireland.
  • Carroll & Roche - Dublin
  • Castle Garage - Wicklow
  • Denis & Mary Ryan - Cork
  • Dan Seaman - Cork
Remains to be seen how long D&M Ryan even keep it.

I can tell ye that Subaru Ireland pretty much ceases to exist. Basically a distributor now.
My local dealer, Slattery's, have stopped selling them and only officially have parts and service until June 2023.
Going forward there are going to be only 4 dealers in Ireland.
  • Carroll & Roche - Dublin
  • Castle Garage - Wicklow
  • Denis & Mary Ryan - Cork
  • Dan Seaman - Cork
Remains to be seen how long D&M Ryan even keep it.
Finnegans Longford has been just parts and repairs for years.
Cunningham Autopoint Galway mainly sells second-hand cars now with Subaru parts/service on the side.

Western cars enniskillen, give up subaru aswell . They only ever got parts delivery every few weeks, but had full showroom

Back