Tesco 99

[quote author=Anton M link=topic=1015.msg18203#msg18203 date=1176382055]
yeah mine is an Irish Car
[/quote]

Which means it's mapped for 95.....

OK, so let's see if I've got this right? :ponder:

My car isn't a Jap-import, doesn't have a turbo and I don't use/need to use octane booster; so maybe it isn't in my mind and the car really is running well on V-Power???? :dunno:

Or have I lost the plot altogether? :computer:

;)

Your car will run better on V-Power if you are comparing to bog standard 95RON - I already posted that my old 2.0 GL ran better on it and the difference was noticeable immediately.

However, the issue is that V-Power does feck all for turbo-charged engines, yet V-Power's equivalent in the North and UK is branded Optimax... which is 98RON... therefore more beneficial all round for our turbo powered Scoobies :thumbsup: So why can't we have proper V-Power/Optimax in the South????? :angry:

If its not a import and is a standard irish car it will run absolutly fine on ur good old 95 ron petrol. Try the texaco stuff and c if u n otice  change .

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=1015.msg18219#msg18219 date=1176387517]
Your car will run better on V-Power if you are comparing to bog standard 95RON - I already posted that my old 2.0 GL ran better on it and the difference was noticeable immediately.

However, the issue is that V-Power does feck all for turbo-charged engines, yet V-Power's equivalent in the North and UK is branded Optimax... which is 98RON... therefore more beneficial all round for our turbo powered Scoobies :thumbsup: So why can't we have proper V-Power/Optimax in the South????? :angry:
[/quote]

Because the irish goverment only wants to make money for its self and doesnt give a toss about what the people want.

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=1015.msg18219#msg18219 date=1176387517]... I already posted that my old 2.0 GL ran better on it and the difference was noticeable immediately.[/quote]
I'd noticed that, it was one of the factors that I'd put into my equation.

The car was certainly running very well when I did a run to Tralee yesterday (there are a lot more Scoobys round there than round these parts ...), and it seems to be using less petrol (?), so I intend to continue to fill up with V-Power when I can and see how it goes.

... the issue is that V-Power does feck all for turbo-charged engines, yet V-Power's equivalent in the North and UK is branded Optimax... which is 98RON... therefore more beneficial all round for our turbo powered Scoobies :thumbsup: So why can't we have proper V-Power/Optimax in the South????? :angry:
Agreed, in fact I now wish I'd got a turbo Legacy this time myself, but I didn't have much of a recent insurance history (city-centre living forcing me to hire cars when needed) and I was scared off by being quoted 1500 euro by 123.ie a couple of years ago (when I was thinking of importing my "mainland" Legacy GL), but I was very pleasantly surprised at the deal I got off Quinn Direct with the two years no claims I've got now (used to have "full" no claims ...  :().

Back