Tesco 99

Taken from shell ireland website unders there FAQS page....

What's the octane rating of Shell V-Power?

Shell V-Power has an octane rating of 95 - the same as regular unleaded petrol.

we really need to do something about this start a petition or something seing as BP are doing 102Ron and tescos are 99Ron in the UK and yet again ireland is left out in the cold..

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=1015.msg8397#msg8397 date=1165956243]
Lads under no circuminstances should you
mix octane booster and Shell V-power or TexacoTechron.

Basically the cleaning additives counter-act the octane booster.
See post on Techron in members section.

Myself and John barley made it home after the RR day

As for SUL or 99RON here..... no way.
The Irish government tax petroll on it's RON ratting as opposed to most
other EU countries who tax fuel on it's damage to the enviroment etc.
or something like that :ponder: :ponder:
So not going to happen im afraid

Niall.

[/quote]

As Niall said, Its not going to happen. Would cost way too much and petrol stations won't take the risk of filling one of their tanks and taking a year to sell it!!

Government would have a field day on it too since there is so much emphasis on everything green at the moment....

[quote author=dublinsti link=topic=1015.msg17969#msg17969 date=1176222661]
[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=1015.msg8371#msg8371 date=1165949118]
God i love it to happen, atm i filling up on shell v-power e1.05 a liter at the kylemore rd and using octane boosters
[/quote]

they say that octane boosters constantly used damager the lamda sensor
[/quote]

Im not using octane booster im using v-power on its own. 1.15 a liter atm

Wetpatch - if your car is a Jap Import you really need to use booster or get a re-map.....
I'd rather replace my Lamda Sensor than my engine :whistle:

Alan.

yea suppose yur right alan...looks like it wont happen octane booster it is until hav money for apexi fc

[quote author=P1 Alan link=topic=1015.msg17987#msg17987 date=1176238720]
Wetpatch - if your car is a Jap Import you really need to use booster or get a re-map.....
I'd rather replace my Lamda Sensor than my engine :whistle:

Alan.
[/quote]

And if i could affored the 1300 euro to get it done atm i would. I dont thrash the car anyway. Im a pretty slow driver tbh. (most of the time :) )

:wall: :ponder: :wall: :ponder:

where do we go.
i believe in that post about techron
was convinced v-power was 99
aaaagh
maybe one of our more computer literate could get us a final answer on what we should actually b usin
pleeeeeeeease

:wall: :wall:

The final answer? get your car mapped for 95..its the only safe solution and its cost effective over time..increases fuel economy and reduces knock

V-Power isnt 99 ron, but its better than the standard 95 u get from other stations. I dont have a clue what differnence techron makes.

Or even better to map it for 95 plus booster.

I used the V Power for a while and my car seemed to run like a dog on it.

I'm using techron and it is deffo going better, more responsive even my buddy noticed the differance and thought i had changed something in the car.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=1015.msg18048#msg18048 date=1176294144]
Or even better to map it for 95 plus booster.

I used the V Power for a while and my car seemed to run like a dog on it.
[/quote]

Yeah i found that with v power as well..I think it might be just the fact that no one buys it and it sits up for ages.

I used V power once after filling the tank with half a bottle of NF Octane boster. The car ran like cra*p on it. I had to run two tankfuls of regular 95 ul through it to wash out the V power. The detergents prevent the upper cylinder lubricants in Octane boosters from coating the cylinder lining, neutralises the octane booster and effectively washes the whole lot out of the engine. Great for 20 year old bangers. Not so good for modern low compression forced induction petrol engines :?

Frawls

Last word lads
In the Republic of Ireland you can only get 95RON period ....

As for Techron or V-power do not use with Octane booster.

they say that octane boosters constantly used damage the lamda sensor

Yes it will, before i had my car mapped i went through aprox 4 lamda sensors (in a year)
since i got it mapped with octane booster i have only replaced it once (in a year).

Niall.

I use the [glow=red,2,300]V-Power[/glow] without Octane Boost and she runs fine, I think its when you mix the two you get problems as Frawls was saying.

[quote author=Anton M link=topic=1015.msg18167#msg18167 date=1176372285]
I use the [glow=red,2,300]V-Power[/glow] without Octane Boost and she runs fine, I think its when you mix the two you get problems as Frawls was saying.
[/quote]

same

Back