sti insurance

scoobyglen

Sunday Drivers
im 26 8yers no claims sae full licence but hibernian want 2500 to insure. wat have you guys paid wit similar circumstances

Hi guys,

just planning to get my 02 STi Type UK back on the road after about a year and a half (didn't sell).
Who is good for insurance on STi's these days?

Last with FBD, paid €2200 fully comp+claims protection inc, full NCD 10 years, but surely can get it below a thousand these days.
Age 33.

Thanks.Brian :thumbsup:

chill.ie :thumbsup: knocked 800euro of what quinn direct was offering in the renewal and I had been with quinn 4 years. :hammerhead:

i pay 650 a year fully comp i,m an old fart though with 20 years no claims

Adam

Great, I'll check out Chill.ie and see what they come back with.

Adam - who are you with to get it for €650? fully comp.

Brian

Also try www.123.ie. I got a policy for almost half what Quinn wanted on my b4 Legacy. Excess is only €360 not the thousands that some people think!  :thumbsup:

i dont have an sti but my insurance dropped to 1150 with first ireland on the Legacy with 1 years NCB, 27, full license less than 5 years. fully comp. down 600 euro from last year. think it helps to have home insurance as well with the same crowd

Ya been through this on another thread, €730 or so on leggy, 4 years Ncb, Fully comp. I'm 23.
but the sti is considered a highr tax bracket. But thats insurance for sligo and in the country so its considered a safer place than city. :thumbsup:

lads i was 21 last year paying 1600 on my first sti. with quinn direct.

paying 2300 this year coz i made a claim, im now 22.

so i think you lads are getting the piss taken out of you's by them insurance crowds...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They are good prices on the Legacy lads. Im paying 850 fully comp, 6 years NCB, 28 years of age, Quinn Direct.

had difficulty renewing my insurance today!!!!
had to settle for 900 euro fully comp...up 350 from last year!!!
alot of insurance companies are steering clear of sti's according to fella in AA..
alot of people insuring them are giving invalid details apparently to keep insurance cheaper!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

I JUST CHANGED FROM THE 1.6 TO THE 2 LITRE AND ITS GONNA BRING INSURANCE UP 100 EURO, TO A GRAND TOTAL OF 1900 A YEAR FULLY COMP, QUINN DIRECT TOLD ME THEY DONT INSURE WRX OR STI MODEL'S CAUSE THE BHP IS TOO HIGH ON THEM........... I HEAR BRITTON INSURANCE ARE GOOD IF YOUR OVER 25 AND HAVE NO CLAIMS

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=10191.msg172316#msg172316 date=1238186122]
had difficulty renewing my insurance today!!!!
had to settle for 900 euro fully comp...up 350 from last year!!!
alot of insurance companies are steering clear of sti's according to fella in AA..
alot of people insuring them are giving invalid details apparently to keep insurance cheaper!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:
[/quote]

Having the same problem myself at the moment.

Insurance last yr was €550, cheapest this yr is €750 & AA etc won't touch the car.

Have tried all the above options along with others & cannot get cheaper than €750 :angry1:

[quote author=gavinf link=topic=10191.msg172400#msg172400 date=1238200099]
I JUST CHANGED FROM THE 1.6 TO THE 2 LITRE AND ITS GONNA BRING INSURANCE UP 100 EURO, TO A GRAND TOTAL OF 1900 A YEAR FULLY COMP, QUINN DIRECT TOLD ME THEY DONT INSURE WRX OR STI MODEL'S CAUSE THE BHP IS TOO HIGH ON THEM........... I HEAR BRITTON INSURANCE ARE GOOD IF YOUR OVER 25 AND HAVE NO CLAIMS
[/quote]

I'm insured on my on my turbo Impreza for 2150, with the mods declared. 21 years old, 3 years NCB. Third party fire and theft though, they wanted 3k for fully comp, can't afford it yet :(

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=10191.msg177349#msg177349 date=1239705205]
[quote author=gavinf link=topic=10191.msg172400#msg172400 date=1238200099]
[/quote]

I'm insured on my on my turbo Impreza for 2150, with the mods declared. 21 years old, 3 years NCB. Third party fire and theft though, they wanted 3k for fully comp, can't afford it yet :(
[/quoteWho is that with hiwd?? :thumbsup:

Back