Steering pulling to the left

mine does the same! its very annoying! but its the camber on it i think its out by a bit. hate it!
hope ya get it sorted!

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=24750.msg294087#msg294087 date=1278369869]
Could maybe check your track rod ends..
[/quote]

The drivers side tie rod was replaced before nct. passengers side is okay.

My brother checked the car and everything is fine tie rod etc.

Im going to get the alignment checked at another place

Yea, just cause tracking and camber has been set, doesnt mean its correct, someplaces have absolutly no experience in camber.. if i was you Mark, considering tou have spent alot of money on suspension mods, i would go up to Ali Burrows and get it set up right.
If you only paid 30 or forty euro for the job you could 4get about it, a guy down my way sets up cars, and i think its around 200 odd euro, but thats everything that he can adjust, depending on type of car, mods and its use, caster camber tracking etc etc.. everything will be set up

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24750.msg300068#msg300068 date=1280687878]
If you only paid 30 or forty euro for the job you could 4get about it, a guy down my way sets up cars, and i think its around 200 odd euro, but thats everything that he can adjust, depending on type of car, mods and its use, caster camber tracking etc etc.. everything will be set up
[/quote]

It doesn't matter how little you pay, it matters what experience and equipment the guy doing the job has! Dave McCann Tyres in Blanchardstown have the latest laser allignment equipment and they will adjust everything that can be adjusted too (Toe, Pitch, Castor, Camber and all wheels Dynamically Balanced). They will even set up any custom settings you want, all for about €80

its around 200 odd euro

:shock2: They must have a big window too

its around 200 odd euro

[/quote]

Maybe you just have a small wallet? :icon_grin:

Ali Burrows must have bought his windows from the same company so :ponder2:

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=19365.0

Big difference in paying 50 odd euro or something to have some pimply chap in Pitstop or kwik fit etc etc set up your car than paying for someone that sets up race cars, and kit cars etc, as i said.. he will set up as much as can be set up, corner weights etc etc taking into a count.. not the run of the mill Tyre shop work

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24750.msg300098#msg300098 date=1280696417]
its around 200 odd euro

Maybe you just have a small wallet? :icon_grin:

Ali Burrows must have bought his windows from the same company so :ponder2:

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=19365.0

Big difference in paying 50 odd euro or something to have some pimply chap in Pitstop or kwik fit etc etc set up your car than paying for someone that sets up race cars, and kit cars etc, as i said.. he will set up as much as can be set up, corner weights etc etc taking into a count.. not the run of the mill Tyre shop work
[/quote]

Quote from the Ali Burrows thread:
[quote author=ali burrows link=topic=19365.msg237111#msg237111 date=1258476397]
normally £50-£70 on a subaru providing their are no seized bolts ect ...
[/quote]

Big difference in that compared to your 200 odd euro :cuckoo:

Quote from the Ali Burrows thread:
[quote author=ali burrows link=topic=19365.msg237111#msg237111 date=1258476397]
normally £50-£70 on a subaru providing their are no seized bolts ect ...
[/quote]

Big difference in that compared to your 200 odd euro :cuckoo:
[/quote]
Your so easily excited :shock2: :hammerhead:, could you not wait and read all the posts before you came back with a reply :geek:????
If you can pace yourself, and read them all, you will see Ali quoting 100-150 gbp :thumbsup:

I did actually read the entire thread, but how desperate are you to spend money?

Mark C has a ROAD CAR not a track car or race car, and this thread was started over the car pulling to the left, he wants a "geometry" setup not a WRC setup. Corner weights arn't going to help his problem. Every other Impreza out there doesn't have a corner weight setup but they dont pull to the left :snooty:

You must have money to burn :clap:

The point i was trying to make to Mark is that, the guys that you will get for the 30 euro in the likes of kwik fit etc etc are just not experienced enough in the other aspect, all they really know to do is tracking...
I was using the price as an example of the difference between the likes of a general tyre oulet and someone that knows there stuff.
Marks car as you have keenly pointed out isnt a wrc ,ok, but it has a few changes made to the suspension set up, so i think a 30 euro kwik fit isnt a Kwik answer, he may go to someone that goes a bit further into the geometry settings

Mark are the coil overs 2nd hand? could one be slightly bent? happend me before with a standard shock, the bend was barely visable to the eye.
Again, someone that delves a bit deeper than just tracking should be able to spot that, especially a motorsport experienced set up

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24750.msg300109#msg300109 date=1280699937]
The point i was trying to make to Mark is that, the guys that you will get for the 30 euro in the likes of kwik fit etc etc are just not experienced enough in the other aspect, all they really know to do is tracking...
I was using the price as an example of the difference between the likes of a general tyre oulet and someone that knows there stuff.
Marks car as you have keenly pointed out isnt a wrc ,ok, but it has a few changes made to the suspension set up, so i think a 30 euro kwik fit isnt a Kwik answer, he may go to someone that goes a bit further into the geometry settings

Mark are the coil overs 2nd hand? could one be slightly bent? happend me before with a standard shock, the bend was barely visable to the eye.
Again, someone that delves a bit deeper than just tracking should be able to spot that, especially a motorsport experienced set up

[/quote]

I will totally agree that the lads in the likes of kwik fit, fast fit and whoever don't have a clue, but I've used Dave Mc Cann's personally as have several club members here. They really do know their stuff and have proper training. You have to select the make and model on their system and everything is to OEM spec, unless you want otherwise. Really is a great setup they have. Not doubting your guy just think its a bit steep for what mark needs :thumbsup:

My only point was that more expensive isn't always best, its all about where you go ie value for money. As I said before its all about the equipment and training of the garage you go to.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24750.msg300110#msg300110 date=1280700241]
You must have money to burn
I wish, if i had a little bit of what you have, i be a happy little camper :icon_grin:
[/quote]

No idea what thats about but ok :smokin:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24750.msg300109#msg300109 date=1280699937]

[/quote]

Hi Ken, The coilovers are new, the brother checked them aswell and they look okay. The place i went to the 1st time i got the suspension setup done with a price of 60 euro and it was still not right, they have that system too pick make and model and the oem settings come up. Will go to someone else to get it setup properly and check if there is something wrong.

this thing of having to pick a make and model of car has been around for donkeys years lads and really isnt anything to get all horny about.
I worked in a tyre place before and the 4 wheel alignment system had this, now no messing that is around 12 years ago, thats along time ago. I thought that every system of 4wheel alignment would be this way.
Even with the equipment that the company i worked with had, the boss refused go near camber, said it was mechanics are which goes to show you the mentality that some of these guys have.
I also seen mistakes been made, where a car would go off the ramp worst than what it came in, and someone like myself or a foreman would have to sort it out,
There is a specific method to setting up the equipment before you start, and if this isnt right it will give you wrong figures.
This was the most common problem i found, a guy would set it up, and track the car to perfection on the computer, put it on the road and it be terrible, put it back on ramps, set it back up and now same computer would show it to be way off

You really need someone that knows what they are doing,
The guy i have mentioned, is not someone that i personally used but i know that he does set up cars that have all the adjustable bits, and that is the type of money you are looking at paying him.
That guy in Blanch is charging a bit more than the run of the mill tyre outlets, so hopefully that means he is a lot better than them. Things like suspension its worth paying to have good work done.
Recently i replaced a top link arm on my womans car, part was brand new but wasnt an oem part, put it on and i had to take it right back off, car was lethal, couldnt drive it, looked at the two parts, they were the same lenght but there was a slight difference in the angle of there bends, enough to fook up the camber do. Had to bring it back. I wont get another one, will get an oem one

Back