Secondary Air Valves & associated Pump

yeah so e mail ecutek
to see if it is compatible with there software or contcat a mapper who has ecutek :thumbsup:

:badday:[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=39726.msg455482#msg455482 date=1386669707]
That's interesting, Gerry, if you don't mind me asking, what were you charged? and what was done exactly, was it both valves and the pump or just the valves or just the pump?
I know of two other people who were quoted similar prices to what I was quoted so I didn't think it was too off the wall when I heard it.
[/quote]

Whats your email. I find out when later when Im home the exact price and let you know

Small Update....

I've had to give up dealing with the Mayo dealer. After many emails and phonecalls they just don't seem to be interested in me. I feel like I'm asking them to change a wiper and they can't be bothered. That's all I'll say about it.

On Gerry's advice, I went to Finnegan's in Ballymahon yesterday. This was a much more satisfactory visit.

Unfortunately, the news is worse.

The compressor (fan) is screwed too. And they also told me that an electrical connector was corroded. The fumes\emissions from the exhaust have made their way back through the valves and corroded the inside of the compressor. Same reason the connector is corroded.

A new compressor is approx 800 + VAT. The two valves are approx 400 and 500, also + VAT.

I left Finnegan's nearly losing the will to live but it's only a car at the end of the day. Finnegan's will do their best on the price of the valves but I'm going to try and source a second hand compressor.

I've also emailed ecutek just to see what they have to say on that side of things.

I was going down the "mapping out" road last year and went to Couture Auto to do it, but Aonghus couldn't access the ECU and we discovered afterwards that because the car is an RX with a hitachi ecu, it can't be accessed to map the thing out.

I just got back an email there from ai autosport who do ecutek. They "no longer offer any ecutek services for any of the Subaru range".

Might be worth getting in contact with Bob Rawle , i know he is up north in the near future with murray motorsport i think , he may be able to help and would be easier paid than the new valves and fan

Thanks Tommy, I'll give him a shout to see what he thinks.
Can you PM me his contact details please if you have them to hand?

A.

Final (I hope) update...
I decided to go ahead and change the valves etc.

Initial visit to Finnegan's to assess what was wrong and what was required: €58
2nd visit: Replace valves, and fit 2nd hand compressor: €977 + €270
(I bought the compressor for 270 from a breaker in England.)
3rd visit: O2 sensor replacement: €340
58 + 977 + 270 + 340 = €1645.

And that is the end of it, I hope...

Anyway, just said I'd put it up here in black and white for anyone wondering about going down this route instead of getting it mapped out.

Fooking hell that's a lot of hassle and money for a small job

I would have burn'nt out the car by now

Good man for staying with it

God hope Adrian thats the end of it for you. Some amount of money you deserve a bit of luck after all that

Thanks lads.
To be honest, there was a while there where I did feel like burning it out...!
NCT booked for May, and need to get back tyres before that. I also spent 474 on bushes and arbs a couple of months ago in JJ Burkes + wasted money on now infamous valves, so the total bill since it failed the nct is something I want to forget about.

fingers crossed. :)

well, I was driving out of the car park at work yesterday when the CEL came on, and I noticed that the compressor/fan was still on.
Carried on over the road, fan still on......turned car off completely (twice) while sitting in traffic.........fan still on..........
Got to my brother's work place. Had to pull in there because the smell of burning in the car was getting bad.

Started pulling fuses out of the box to get the fan to knock off. (I even had the key out of the ignition at this stage.) Eventually figured that it was a relay.

Could the relay be faulty or is it more than likely the compressor?

PS Cant fookin believe this has happened to me again........

Is this the problem that colm can sort with his lap top or was that something else?..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back