roll cages and the n.c.t.

duffmancb

Sunday Drivers
hey just wanted to know will a car pass the n.c.t with a weld in roll cage. i heard that its when you put in certain bars across the doors can anybody clear this up for me im a bit rusty on it thanks :thumbsup:

A friend of mine put his r33 gtr through early this year, full F.I.A approved 6 point roll cage. Passed no hassle, and you have to climb in and out of this thing.

I think we can speculate on the subject all day long. There is no documentation or guidelines from the NCT. All depends on the tester on the day. If the cage is solid and well installed then there should be no safety issue to warrant an NCT fail, bolt in or weld in. All my opinion of course.

(I just fitted a bolt in cage to my type R)

just remember if your fitting a cage to a road car that you probably won't be wearing a helmet on the way too work or down too the shops. in race cars you need fia approved padding to save the helmet from direct impact on the bar. i wouldn't fancy hitting the cage with my head with no helmet on, so keep it in mind before you fit it.

i was thinking that a few days ago Ciaran, its all well and good having a cage until you have a crash and its the CAGE that kills you!

if i were you Duffman id get it padded! not that it will help much though

Back