Returning Member (maybe) Hatch wanted 😬

Well from lovely conversation with a man of infinite wisdom on here we have uncovered some potential issues that need to be clarified prior to purchase. Could be a potential dealbreaker 🥲

Gonna try get to the bottom of it today now. Wish me luck 🤞🏻
Best of luck Dave 👍👍

Good Luck Dave, you may be ''DaveSHatchy'' soon :thumbsup:
Jesus I’d love that, but I’m going in with my eyes open. Fully expecting (but really hoping not to have to) walk away from it.

So far I’ve been speaking with

The shop the built the engine
Roger Clarke motorsport in the uk
Dave in RSR
An expert from here
And two mechanic friends of mine

For opinion and first hand knowledge of the car, engine build and the story with it. Registration checks from uk and here are clear. Just a matter of kicking the tyres now.

I’ll know tomorrow afternoon 🤞🏻

Jesus Dave, some digging, do you work for CIA? 🤔🤫
Ah I enjoy the hardship 😅.

Basically it’s a scooby with a load of work done to the engine and some curious details. I just don’t want to get badly burnt here. It’s a risk, as used cars bought privately always are, but hopefully one that will be worth taking.

Went to view it today. Left unsure. Made no decision. The question over the built engine looms over me and it’s potential to grenade.

It has a leaky front driveshaft broken tail light, all 4 wheels heavily corroded and paint needs a lot of TLC

He was hard stuck at the 18 we had agreed over the phone and I just think I need a little less than that to get it how I want it to be.

Also driving it felt a little numb. Power and torque was there but little excitement with the delivery. Felt a bit linear.

I’m gonna sleep on it.

He’s just relisted it on donedeal for 3 grand less than his original ad but a grand more than we agreed. So I smell desperation. But if you all want to message him and offer 15 and swaps for a merc or fridge that might help my case 🤣🤣🤣

The more I think about this car the less likely I will buy it. It’s too expensive to buy another chaps unfinished project for finished car money.

There’s far to many questions.

Why put several thousand euro worth of parts into a engine build to run on a stock ecu, injectors, pump, intake etc.

Why sell it right after the break in mileage.

And I also some weird interactions with him. He build this car but couldn’t tell me much about anything on it. I spotted a few weeps in the engine bay and it was like telling my wife about them, zero interest or knowledge.

On the test drive I asked how to put the car into sport and he didn’t know, was fiddling with the buttons and then eventually said you need to be stopped to change drive modes.

He was very proud of the oil insisting on dipping after the drive, it was 100% overfilled. Way above the hatching.

It’s a no from me. Unless he drops to unfinished project money, and even then I’m not fully comfortable with the car, it was untidy and looked every one of its 15 years old. Every panel has a scratch, the inner lenses of the headlights had started to degenerate, the boot brake light lense was broken, there was one key and it was electrical taped together, as well as the drive shaft and wheels.

So still on the hunt lads.

Yeah, walk away if you have a feeling, good man, something will come up 🤜🤛

Back