Returning Member (maybe) Hatch wanted 😬

DaveSleggy

Hi Lads,
Not sure how many remember me, i had a 2001 black bug back a while ago.

Ive been through a lot of cars since i had my bug.

R26 meganne f1
R53 Cooper
M135i
Altezza
Golf R
Mk1 Audi TT 225

And im not on the hunt for a new yoke. Had been looking at DC5 integras but theyre all scrap and huge money, EP3 same thing and theres just too many "i know what i have" merchants out there.

I hadnt considered a scooby as they have also inflated so much recently (i bought my JDM STI bug for Eur 4450 back in 2014 with about 120 kilometers on the clock!

But this has taken my fancy, https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-2-5tsi-300hp-awd/35114040

It seems cheap for a lower tax hatch. Anyone have any alternatives suggested. Newer the better as i plan on putting thre young lad in the back (i am married with two kids now since i left ha)

Cheers lads,

Dave

Hi Lads,
Not sure how many remember me, i had a 2001 black bug back a while ago.

Ive been through a lot of cars since i had my bug.

R26 meganne f1
R53 Cooper
M135i
Altezza
Golf R
Mk1 Audi TT 225

And im not on the hunt for a new yoke. Had been looking at DC5 integras but theyre all scrap and huge money, EP3 same thing and theres just too many "i know what i have" merchants out there.

I hadnt considered a scooby as they have also inflated so much recently (i bought my JDM STI bug for Eur 4450 back in 2014 with about 120 kilometers on the clock!

But this has taken my fancy, https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-2-5tsi-300hp-awd/35114040

It seems cheap for a lower tax hatch. Anyone have any alternatives suggested. Newer the better as i plan on putting thre young lad in the back (i am married with two kids now since i left ha)

Cheers lads,

Dave

Well well well...look who's back :)
That car looks cool. Just have a good look under it if the fenders are cut to put that wide kit on it. Seems tidy enough and have a test drive. Wonder what the tax is it on it if it's an early registered model or a late one for the 2008 year.

As always shout if you need any help with it. Best of luck :)

It was chopped up and covered in shite, absolutely criminal what the last chap did to the car. Literally like its been crashed into the bargain bin of Halfords, Broken universal widebody kit fitted really badly, arches rches all chopped up and not sealed properly rears starting to rust, sh*te stuck to every corner, paint in ribbons, stank of stale smoke, oil smelled of petrol, BOV fitted to the I/C but no evidence of mapping, random electrical tape over some of the connectors in the bay, absolute sh*t heap.

So you didn't buy it then? Lol 😆
Yeah, sounds like a project more so than anything
Feck that

having seen that car today it’s really made me want one now. I always used to admire bobcats one in the work carpark when I had my bug. Loved the idea of switching maps and the looks of the hatch (even though it’s not a classic rally car like it should have been) but I think it’s an itch I want to scratch.

Budget of 20k. Let’s do this 💪🏻

Alright Dave welcome back man, hatches over the years have grown on me. That one above is in Carrol and Roche so could be worth a look as is in your budget or the one underneath looks good as well I know nothing about the garage but again in in budget so could be worth a look

Alright Dave welcome back man, hatches over the years have grown on me. That one above is in Carrol and Roche so could be worth a look as is in your budget or the one underneath looks good as well I know nothing about the garage but again in in budget so could be worth a look
What’s the craic Gordon, nice one there. I’ll give them a ring in the morning, don’t know how I didn’t find that myself today ha

Might be on the poxy tax band is the only thing.

Someone selling the version of the car i have, JDM import. Cheap (cheaper) tax at 790.
Thats a cool yoke, but in my infinite stubbornness I'm now set on a hatch. I want one with that big stupid wing on the back, but not on mad tax, and not too expensive, and yes im a fool o_O

Sold now

Back