Returning Member (maybe) Hatch wanted 😬

As already mentioned, if it doesn't feel right.walk away, something better will come along.

Best of luck with the search 👍

The more I think about this car the less likely I will buy it. It’s too expensive to buy another chaps unfinished project for finished car money.

There’s far to many questions.

Why put several thousand euro worth of parts into a engine build to run on a stock ecu, injectors, pump, intake etc.

Why sell it right after the break in mileage.

And I also some weird interactions with him. He build this car but couldn’t tell me much about anything on it. I spotted a few weeps in the engine bay and it was like telling my wife about them, zero interest or knowledge.

On the test drive I asked how to put the car into sport and he didn’t know, was fiddling with the buttons and then eventually said you need to be stopped to change drive modes.

He was very proud of the oil insisting on dipping after the drive, it was 100% overfilled. Way above the hatching.

It’s a no from me. Unless he drops to unfinished project money, and even then I’m not fully comfortable with the car, it was untidy and looked every one of its 15 years old. Every panel has a scratch, the inner lenses of the headlights had started to degenerate, the boot brake light lense was broken, there was one key and it was electrical taped together, as well as the drive shaft and wheels.

So still on the hunt lads.
Don't do it dave you can switch between the different modes as your driving and you can feel the difference straight away in the car. He either isn't the owner or has taken the ostrich approach to dealing with the cars problems by the sounds of it .

Back