Remap Results

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
So I've just had my type r remapped my ap performance on 95ron. Its a version 4 type r.

So it started off with 270bhp/275lbft and finished with 294bhp/285lbft.

He had 300lbft dialed in but was getting to much detention so pulled it back.

Driving wise much more liner power delivery and smoother, but no difference in power, but at least the engine is safe.

The Spec:
VF24
3" Turbo Back
NGK 7's gapped at .6
340lph fuel pump
Standard 440cc injectors
Standard TMIC

So what do I need to get 330/330 on 95 ron.
Newage Turbo
Bigger Injectors
FMIC

Would that cover it?

How long were you waiting to get in there man?
No help with your question tho, as I'd be asking the same thing lol

Nf booster will held a little maybe 15-20bhp if its not an everyday car as it?s 17-2 quid a bottle . What did Aonghus say

Not bad power , 300-310 is the highest I?ve seen on a 24 , a lot of the vf series turbos are the same as in flow wise so you might get 320 maybe 330 .
Maybe a switch to a td05 or something with supporting mods .

Did Aonghus not give you a list to possibly get the engine where you want it ?

Nicely done. Prob feels a lot more different now.

My opinion/info to answer your question:
1. Vf35 on a wrx with supporting mods on 95 ron can reach 300bhp/300
2. Same as above with water methanol injection 330bhp/320
3. As the lads were saying, adding nf would yield another 15-20bhp but that depends on the car/engine/supporting mods combo

Best thing to do is ask AP what he recommends to get to the next step and he will guide you.

And... Welcome to your new addiction. We all suffer from it [emoji23]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

I got a v4 remapped and it made same power as you , exhaust + filter , aftermarket ecu, that was it

i got my current v5 type r remapped and made 330 with same mods

i was amazed that small diff in specs between v 4 and v5 made 35bhp difference

Both done with ap

Yea as above basic supporting mods on a vf35 300bhp 300lbft with cat in place on 95

Decat prob about 10-15 bhp with nf bout another 10 to 20 bhp on top of that[emoji106]

Only my experience on newage so classics prob bit different

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got a v4 remapped and it made same power as you , exhaust + filter , aftermarket ecu, that was it

i got my current v5 type r remapped and made 330 with same mods

i was amazed that small diff in specs between v 4 and v5 made 35bhp difference

Both done with ap

From chatting to Aonghus I think the v5-6 heads flow a bit better so makes sense but it?s some difference

I went for a remap last month as well, on a v4 type ra with vf22 and Aonghus said that if wanted to go any higher in power, FMIC and better injectors would be the first things to look at, being them the main show stoppers at the moment

Last edited:
From chatting to Aonghus I think the v5-6 heads flow a bit better so makes sense but it?s some difference

Funny enough iirc the V4 sti Heads are supposed to be the better of all the classic heads, most aggressive cams etc.

Not to throw a spanner in the works... but are you sure it?s an STI engine that?s fitted in the car... the amount of STI cars in this country that ended up with WRX, UK Turbo, forester engines slapped into them over the last decade in Ireland is quite frankly disturbing, so bare that in mind if comparing to a supposedly similar car

I would leave it at a power where you can still use the Standard top mount... rather than ****ing around with FMIC.
Be aware that squeezing more power out of it could be the nail in the coffin for an old engine if it hasn?t been rebuilt.. I learnt that the hard way too.. 300 on 95oct is a nice increase, considering they were 280 on 100 Ron

Funny enough iirc the V4 sti Heads are supposed to be the better of all the classic heads, most aggressive cams etc.

Not to throw a spanner in the works... but are you sure it?s an STI engine that?s fitted in the car... the amount of STI cars in this country that ended up with WRX, UK Turbo, forester engines slapped into them over the last decade in Ireland is quite frankly disturbing, so bare that in mind if comparing to a supposedly similar car

I would leave it at a power where you can still use the Standard top mount... rather than ****ing around with FMIC.
Be aware that squeezing more power out of it could be the nail in the coffin for an old engine if it hasn?t been rebuilt.. I learnt that the hard way too.. 300 on 95oct is a nice increase, considering they were 280 on 100 Ron

I was told that aswell before about v4 but hard to know if 100% correct
True about the engine , might not be the original engine .

I was told that aswell before about v4 but hard to know if 100% correct
True about the engine , might not be the original engine .

Well the price of them is a good indication lol, more expensive than Avcs heads.

So basically I would probably need a md321H or sc42 turbo , 550cc or bigger injectors and a fmic or newage tmic.

To be sure to get my figures.

Id imagine 330/330 would feel rapid enough with the 5 speed type r box.

The classics don't really take much in standard form in comparison to the newage or evo's.

Its a bit disappointing !!

I wouldn?t be disappointed with the figures:thumbsup: it?s an old car .

I wouldn?t get caught up with figures it?s only a bragging rights thing . I have 330bhp I have 350bhp it?s irrelevant really as In reality a 330 bhp Car wouldnt be Down the roads any quicker than your car :thumbsup: .

Just Enjoy the car :thumbsup: It?s not all about the power

If you?re happy with the more linear power delivery the pull and happy with it over the way it used to be jobs a good one

I know where he's coming from tho, I'd say my car was mapped previously and if I were to go for a remap and all I gained was smoother power with no power increase, I'd be a little disappointed too, granted to the fact that it may be safer and all that, less prone to det etc but let's face it, when we map cars, it's power we're looking for.

At the end of the day, I keep battling with myself about it, but if that was to happen me, you could belt away and drive her on knowing that there's no pinging or anything happening, peace of mind too like

A Remap is 5-600 quid an engine build is 5-6000. Id take the remap and less power over more power and rebuild :thumbsup:

i dont agree with joe . if you buy a carton of milk that says 1 litre on the side . but its only 80% full but tastes great , would you be happy or feel short changed .

i bought this carton of milk and have a sour taste left that i need more milk to fill the jug at home . shop keeper told me there should be 1 litre in it but there wasnt after i had it measured . sure, theres milk in the jug and plenty of it , but the jug aint full like it SHOULD be .

nb , lot of different jugs out there . as are theyre shop keepers .but milk is milk . jus my experience .

MOOOOOOOOOO cow

So basically I would probably need a md321H or sc42 turbo , 550cc or bigger injectors and a fmic or newage tmic.

To be sure to get my figures.

Id imagine 330/330 would feel rapid enough with the 5 speed type r box.

The classics don't really take much in standard form in comparison to the newage or evo's.

Its a bit disappointing !!

my car at 295 was dissapointing also , didnt pin you in the seat at all.
330 while only 35bhp left me delighted and had great pull.

personally id get turbo from newage impreza and get map adjusted again
fmic looks great but you have to cut bumpers and front chassie a bit so feck that

Back