--- RANDOMONIUM ---

when dolphins and whales and stuff sleep do they just drift around in the water or do they go the shallow water :ponder:

Well discobar you see  :p bottlenose dolphins and whales show two basic methods of sleeping: resting quietly in the water, vertically or horizontally, or sleeping while swimming slowly next to another animal.
Dolphins also enter a deeper form of sleep, mostly at night. It is called logging because in this state, a dolphin resembles a log floating at the surface.

When marine mammals sleep and swim at the same time, they are in a state similar to napping. Young whales and dolphins actually rest, eat and sleep while their mother swims, towing them along in her slipstream, called echelon swimming. At these times, the mother will also sleep on the move. In fact, she cannot stop swimming for the first several weeks of a newborn's life. If she does, the calf will begin to sink; it is not born with enough body fat or blubber to float easily.

While sleeping, the bottlenose dolphin shuts down only half of its brain, along with the opposite eye. The other half of the brain stays awake at a low level of alertness.

This attentive side watches for predators, obstacles and other animals. It also signals when to rise to the surface for air.

After about two hours, the animal will swap to the other eye and brain-half. Ive seen it a 100 times  :p

Hope that ans your question mate  :D :D

so your saying yes so :D

i think that prity much answers my question i suppose :lol:

troy%20mclure%201.jpg

[size=15pt]TROY MC CLURE[/size]

Troy McClure is based on a stereotypical Hollywood has-been; he is a ubiquitous presenter of educational videos, voiceovers, and infomercials. At one stage he had a modestly successful acting career. When introducing the latest product he is paid to add his clean-cut good looks and smooth voice to, he is quick to remind the viewing audience of his previous career with his standard introduction "Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such [films, educational videos, voiceovers, etc.] as..." and will mention two titles of the same subject. Many of the movies he cites as having appeared in frequently possess (often amusingly-titled) B-grade titles that are unlikely to have been Oscar-winning material. He has narrated propaganda for everyone from the beef industry to health farms to the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.

McClure's career reportedly went downhill due to his unusual paraphilia, which apparently involved fish (see zoophilia), to the point where he had not worked in twelve years. To cover this up, a marriage was arranged between himself and Marge's sister Selma, which briefly revived his career, and he went on to star in Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Want to Get Off!, a musical version of the film Planet of the Apes (the episode was made well before the 2001 remake of the movie). Although Selma accepted the sham marriage, she drew the line when McClure's agent suggested that they have a child.

His name is an amalgam of B-movie actors Troy Donahue and Doug McClure. In the earlier seasons of The Simpsons he is called Kevin McClure (e.g., the commercial in the beginning of the episode "Marge in Chains"). McClure drives a De Lorean DMC-12 and lives in an "ultramodern" house strongly reminiscent of the Chemosphere.

Before his untimely death, Phil Hartman had always wanted to do a live action movie about McClure. Several of the show's writers (including Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein) mentioned in Simpsons DVD commentaries that they would have loved to do it.

In character, McClure bears a resemblance to Futurama's Zapp Brannigan, who was originally to have been voiced by Phil Hartman before he died.

After Hartman's death, McClure was retired from the show with no explanation. However, in the Simpsons' 2nd episode guide The Simpsons Forever!, a tribute to McClure listing all his known appearances is featured, though it never once mentions his fate. Despite the character's retirement, McClure still occasionally appears via flashbacks, clip shows, and crowd scenes. Information films in a similar vein to McClure's continue to appear (for instance, in Goo Goo Gai Pan and On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister).

[size=15pt]You might remember Troy McClure from such films as:[/size]

Alice's Adventure through the Windshield Glass (ref. Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There)
The Boatjacking of Supership '79 (ref. The Concorde: Airport '79)
Calling All Quakers (with Dolores Montenegro)
Christmas Ape
Christmas Ape Goes To Summer Camp
The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel
Cry Yuma (ref. Cry Havoc, Cry Freedom)
David versus Super Goliath
Dial M for Murderousness (ref. Dial M for Murder)
The Electric Gigolo (ref. The Electric Horseman and American Gigolo)
The Erotic Adventures of Hercules (ref. The Erotic Adventures of Zorro/The Erotic Adventures of Robinson Crusoe)
Give My Remains to Broadway (ref. Give My Regards to Broadway)
Gladys the Groovy Mule (ref. Francis the Talking Mule)
Good-Time Slim, Uncle Doobie, and the Great 'Frisco Freak-Out
The Greatest Story Ever Hulaed (ref. The Greatest Story Ever Told)
Here Comes the Coast Guard (ref. Here Comes the Navy)
Hitler Doesn't Live Here Anymore (ref. Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore)
Hydro, the Man With the Hydraulic Arms (ref. X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes)
Leper in the Backfield (ref. Angels in the Outfield)
Make-Out King of Montana (ref. Cattle Queen of Montana)
Meet Joe Blow (ref. Meet Joe Black, Meet John Doe)
The Muppets Go Medieval (ref. Muppet movie series)
"P" is for Psycho (ref. Psycho and novels by Sue Grafton)
Preacher With a Shovel (with Dolores Montenegro)
The President's Neck is Missing (ref. The President's Plane is Missing)
The Revenge of Abe Lincoln
The Seven-Year Old Bitch (ref. The Seven Year Itch)
Sorry, Wrong Closet (ref. Sorry, Wrong Number)
Suddenly Last Supper (ref. Suddenly Last Summer)
They Came to Burgle Carnegie Hall
Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die (ref. US title of Dario Argento's Western Oggi a me... domani a te!)
The Verdict Was Mail Fraud
The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West (ref. The Wackiest Ship in the Army, The Wackiest Wagon Train in the West)

[size=15pt]
You might remember Troy McClure from such educational films and self help videos as:[/size]

60 Minutes of Car Crash Victims
Adjusting Your Self-O-Stat (with Brad Goodman)
Alice's Adventure through the Windshield Glass (ref. Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There)
Alice Doesn't Live Any More (ref. Alice Doesn't Live Here Any More)
Birds: Our Fine Feathered Colleagues
The Decapitation of Larry Leadfoot
Designated Drivers: The Lifesaving Nerds
Dig Your Own Grave and Save
Earwigs, Ew!
Firecrackers: The Silent Killer
Fuzzy Bunny's Guide to You-Know-What (sex education film for children, shown in Springfield Elementary, the film shown was loosely based on Fritz the Cat)
Get Confident, Stupid!
The Half-Assed Approach to Foundation Repair
Here Comes the Metric System
Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly
Locker Room Towel Fights: The Blinding of Larry Driscoll
Man Versus Nature: The Road To Victory
Meat and You – Partners in Freedom (a Meat Council film, part of the "Resistance is Useless" series)
Mommy, What's Wrong With That Man's Face? (ref. The Man Without a Face)
Mothballing Your Battleship
Phony Tornado Alerts Reduce Readiness
Shoplifters BEWARE
Smoke Yourself Thin
Someone's in the Kitchen with DNA! (ref. children's song "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah")
Two Minus Three Equals Negative Fun
Young Jebediah Springfield (A Watch-and-Learn Production)
Welcome to Springfield Airport (an information kiosk film)
Where's Nordstrom? (an information kiosk film)

[move][size=15pt]PS I Don't sleep with fishes  :lol:[/size][/move]

DAMIEN :ponder:

DID YA EVER C A DOG RUNNIN DOWN THE STREET AND HE KINDA RUNS SIDEWAYS

WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT

:D :D :D

:D

is that patch from up the road.
maybe spot.
whoever he is he'd wanna get out quick before that badger gets back!!!!!

[size=15pt]And Yeah...

I ordered a new turbo for my car, has anyone got fitting instructions....  :ponder:
[/size]

jettruck.jpg

jet.jpg

[size=15pt]
Cost me a fortune in shipping  :whistle:[/size]

[size=15pt]Or should this be posted in Technical Q&A  :dunno:[/size]

ive got this on the way for my car, should take it to a whopper 115 bhp :shock:

TURBO-83-22-03-al.jpg

Back