Rally Ireland - Friday stages - Which ones and where?

[quote author=sub 555 link=topic=4299.msg45728#msg45728 date=1195079001]
am going to the Arigna Stage on the Friday morning and intend to stay there for the 2 runs on that stage.
Looking at the map of the general area and the stage times I was wondering would it be possible to then get to the last stage of the day ,
[/quote]
I was thinking of doing the same and then heading across to SS9 (Bencroy) near the finish. The Rally Ireland supplement in this months Irish Car Sport suggests that that will be a good spot as 'the cars drop down through a narrow bridge in view of the spectator area on the moorland'. Not sure how to get there though. Probably park on the R208 and hike across to it?
Where on Arigna were you planning on viewing from?

Niall
I was thinking of going to the road that runs parallel to the west of the lake , not sure of road number as I dont have details here with me now , its in the general direction of the town of Arigna.
I will have a better idea when I get down tonight and get the programme but I too dont see why I cant get to the last stage unless of course the traffic is going to be very bad.

great pic there.. where are the wrc cars kept... the rally book is excellent I have to say you can't go wrong with it

[quote author=sub 555 link=topic=4299.msg45798#msg45798 date=1195127871]
I was thinking of going to the road that runs parallel to the west of the lake , not sure of road number as I dont have details here with me now [/quote]
That's the R280 and according to the website there will be some parking along there. There seems to be a hairpin section a few miles after the start of stage and some parking facilities off the R280 that was my first choice otherwise the end of the stage is supposed to be tight and twisty which could be interesting?

Rally cars are kept in the service park in Sligo I.T. Not sure if thats park ferme for the rally :ponder: Got them pics in Peter Mooney Subaru garage in Ballymote. Petter and Chris were out for the offical opening

fairly sure parcferme is in st. angelos and not a hope of gettin in, ya cant even get into parc ferme of a national now. very strict

Back