Rally Ireland - Friday stages - Which ones and where?

niall1

Petrolheads
As per the title.  I'm going for Friday only and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to which stages they felt would be the best, what viewing locations to go to and how to get there?   
Thanks
Niall

I'm looking at the rally website they have the stages on them but you can't print them but is you use print screen you can get around this.. only problem with it is there is no stage time on it and I can't seem to find them..I'll try an get Stage 3 and 5 or 2 and 6 as its the neareast ones coming from my side.. Stage 10 looks to be very short

were they up lsat week? All I could find were the plotter maps up to now? Any tips from the locals on where the best spectator points will be?

ya there just over them now but they won't allow you to print them probably to make you buy the programme which I will do anyway but they can be hard got as they'll be sold out probably fairly quick

well I have the maps scanned and Im on Medical intervention Driver for the wrc, Friday stages are Geevagh run twice ss 2 & 5, road is closed 05:05, Arigna run twice 'ss 3 & 6 road closed 05:33, Lough Gill run twice 'ss4 & 7 road closed 06:24 the other 3 stages running are single runners and road closed on them from 12:01......  Im on Glenboy if anyone wants to visit   :noway:  and chat... Meeting up with the scoobynet guys @ stormont ' cuz Im med car there too, on mid point, best seat in the house '  to show them the maps.

will be in sligo on wednesday afternoon to pick up the Med car. Ford C max ----- :noway:

lads have the rally travel pack here and friday seems to be a good day with lots of good stages. I will be heading to arigna village although it does say the roads close will be close a hour before hand which is around 7.30 as first car is set to start at 8.33. is there anyone heading to the shakedown thursday??????

arigna will be a wicked stage, but like them all once your in you will be in for the day

:thumbsup:

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=4299.msg45609#msg45609 date=1194995853]
Wheres the shakedown stage harveys point ?
[/quote]

kayne yeah all the cars testing here the last few days- its torture working in the town knowing that

[quote author=03b4 link=topic=4299.msg45605#msg45605 date=1194993730]
it does say the roads close will be close a hour before hand which is around 7.30 as first car is set to start at 8.33.
[/quote]
When they say the roads are closed an hour before hand do they mean the stage or the surrounding R280, 287 etc?

the stages will be closed 3 hours before, defo !!! no play on this at all, the roads leading to and from the stage will also be closed to traffic, but you may be able to walk.

I'll be on the Lough Gill stage. Was out in the subaru garage today. Petter and Chris were there. Was talking to an ISDC member from Cashel. I seen him in pics before. He has a 05 WD Blue STI :thumbsup:

Im going down tomorrow night and am going to the Arigna Stage on the Friday morning and intend to stay there for the 2 runs on that stage.
Looking at the map of the general area and the stage times I was wondering would it be possible to then get to the last stage of the day ,
Perhaps some of you lads who have the programme already or are local to the area might have some idea.

was in sligo tonight there.. didn't see the wrc cars but alot of the privateer cars were in the service area..had a quick walk around

Back