opinions on bikes

I saw a raleigh burners in euro cycles when I was getting Ethans Baby seat. Man it brought back memories.

honda vfr400 nc30 would be a good starter bike as its light ,quick and very reliable,there cheap enough too so WHEN you drop it ,it wont cost you to much

if you have any problems with your back or joints DONT buy a sports bike,it will kill you before you crash it,but good luck with it

you cant drive a vfr400 or cbr400rr on a provo bike licence but? both group 9 insurance and way over the power limit..biggest cc bike you'll get on a provo is a bros400 right samck on the 25kw rule..but the cbr250rr is only rated group 5 for some reason and has 31kw?

thanks for the info lads :icon_pray: :icon_pray: i was told that i can have any bike i want on a provisional license once it is fitted with a restrictor the only problem will be insurance but thats not a problem for me :icon_grin: so apparently i have loads of choices :dance: i think i'll go for something around the 400 mark i always liked those cbr's alrite but it supposed to be hard to find a good one but the guy who told me that is a perfectionist so i must start looking bring on the weekend :dance:

My mate got an R1 with restrictor papers as his first bike on a provisional. Never did have restrictors fitted though. He even did his test on that bike. :049:

Two years ago now Keith.

I got a quote for the african twin 750 today. Unrestricted because of power to weight €1100. They said if I get the car done as well in January they'll do me a good deal.

The CBR250RR would eb the one to go for IMO

Mate of mine had one and the thing was animal, well pokey and look the part...

Best bit though is the tacho, 19,000rpm redline :shock2: :icon_headbang: Thats F1 territory :thumbsup:

i had a GSXR1100 on a fake restrictor and prov license too before and ended up in the back of a corolla. if i were you rob id do an advanced course or something, acceleration is savage but braking on 30 mm of tyre takes getting used to

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=10864.msg129952#msg129952 date=1227053505]
My mate got an R1 with restrictor papers as his first bike on a provisional. Never did have restrictors fitted though. He even did his test on that bike. :049:
[/quote]
might cause insurance problems if a claim came to be made

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=10864.msg130414#msg130414 date=1227202188]
i had a GSXR1100 on a fake restrictor and prov license too before and ended up in the back of a corolla. if i were you rob id do an advanced course or something, acceleration is savage but braking on 30 mm of tyre takes getting used to
[/quote]

perfect example..how many of you learned to drive in a 300bhp car? cos that's the equvilant of buying a 600 sports bike first time out.

still don't know what to go for a mate offered me his old gn125 for a couple of hundred quid so i mite go for that for a couple of months it a piece of sh*t body wise but its fairly good mechanicaly as i'm probably going to drop it a few times i'd say it'll do me again thanks for all the advice lads :icon_pray: :icon_pray: new isdc bikers section :lol:

Back