opinions on bikes

r_mehigan

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads just looking for your recommondations on a starter motorbike i'm thinking of getting something for a bit of fun but i'm after getting so many different stories from a 125 to a 600 with a restrictor fitted but i have no experience on bikes at all so just looking for the bikers advice :ponder:

If i was you id start small and work your way up good time to buy biking is sh1t in the winter but its the only way to get around.

ya i was thinking of buying an r1 alrite the guy in my local bike shop said he'd give me a free coffin if i bought it :lol: i thought myself to start off on a 125 and work up but apparently i look like a giant on a 125 so i'll have to go 250 at least

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=10864.msg129676#msg129676 date=1226966503]
I know of a very nice cheep gsxr 1000 for sale :thumbsup:
[/quote]

i think i'd need a free coffin with that too :icon_lol:

I always went trail bike for fun.

I've had KMX 125's a TSR 125 and for the fields at one time a YZ 250 which was a monster in eating up the ground.

The good thing about this type of bike is the rider position. You sit tall above the cars with a good feild of veiw which is always good when just starting. They are easy to trough around and are some what forgiving unlike the race replica bikes.

They have come along though with 125 so i'd recomend a Honda Varadero 125CC
varadero_125_black.jpg

or something like that.

I'm defo going back to the bikes in the next year. XRV750 African Twin will be my weapon of choice.
DSC_0505.jpg

Always loved these.

I had a Honda Varadero 125 a while back. Very good bike, nimble and quick for what it was. Decent sized bike too so if your tall it doesn't really matter. :thumbsup:

Good luck anyway.

@ eric i do agree with you but i want a sports bike i don't know why i just do it like if somebody parked an evo X next to a bug eye scooby and told me take one home i know the evo would be the logical option but i'd still have the scooby if you know what i'm getting at :ponder2:

In that case a CBR250 Herricain is what you should be after or a CBR400RR.

2 geat bikes. The first you can learn on and if you have a fall it won't be to bad as there an old bike or the CBR400RR as the first pride and joy. Great bike altogether. A mate of mine has on two of these. One is mint and only comes out on sunny days the other is his knock about bike.

Here's a write up on the CBR400RR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR400RR

and a pic of the repsoil CBR400RR

Hondacbr400rrk.jpg

cbr 250rr is the fastest bike you can drive on provo bike licence..the rule is supposed to be 25kw(33bhp) is the max you can have but the 250rr c22(fink) has 42bhp somehow slips in there unnoticed

As Eric said.... CBR400RR :thumbsup: ...... or one of my personnel favourites (as I had a few) a VFR400 (NC30 or NC35)... Great bikes and easily managaeble for someone starting out. You learn how to throw em round and eventually get your knee down! Very reliable, great build quality/finish and buckets of fun! :icon_headbang: Be careful though fella.... crotch rockets are one of the biggest rushes but are soooooooooo dangerous due to the assholes that you share the roads with. 6 years on from my last bad crash and I still suffer very badly from injuries! :wall: Just take it handy! :thumbsup:

Bike pictured is an RC45...the big brother and one of the nicest bikes ever made :icon_pray: .... NC35 is the baby brother but very similiar looking!

They have come along though with 125 so i'd recomend a Honda Varadero 125CC

varadero_125_black.jpg

I had one of these, it was a great bike. Wasnt small either.

I had an RVF NC35 not so long ago and i have to say you will never be bored with it... They are 'arguably' the best 400cc Sportbike ever made - they will go down into a corner lower than you will ever need on the road without any difficulty and if driven by a more experienced driver they can well keep up with the 600 class on twisty roads. They are nice and light too which makes it easy to filter through traffic..... Plus they have a great sound to them!!!
The RVF can be a bit cramped if you are tall - I think out of the 400's the ZXR is the best for a taller person.
If you are on a provisional licence you would be very limited and i dont think any 400 cc sportbike falls in here - you need to be on a Full 'restricted' licence to get insurance on these as far as i know... (i think the same applies to restricted 600's but im open to correction on that) - the highest you can go on a prov licence is 250cc with a push! as always age has alot to do with insurance too.
Anyway... enough :icon_blahblah: from me... as mentioned above check out www.biker.ie or www.irishbikerforum.com - you will get all the answers at either site im sure. :zzzz:
:thumbsup:

Still have my first raleigh burners and a raleigh grifter they are still the same as the day i got them :lol:
Sad or wat :1poke:

Back