NEW SCOOBYNET group buy FMIC 6 or more people @ £129 each (((ENDED)))

Re: NEW SCOOBYNET group buy FMIC 6 or more people @ £129 each

£129 for intercooler
£20 for postage

Thats €173 do the door in Ireland. Tempting, very tempting.

not a bad price!!!!
once i have a remappable ecu ill put mine in anyway!!! Love the way they look!!!!

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=23740.msg282972#msg282972 date=1274394875]
would these fit an 01 bugeye sti
[/quote]

Thread say for Classic GC8 so perhaps not?

Good price,but are they any good? :dontknow: Up to 500hp should be enough for me right now.However i am not a member of Scoobynet so should i just email Bren and ask for the group buy discount or would that be cheeky? :icon_razz:

No mention of flow rates or anything, just a promise that its good for 500bhp :dontknow: ... I'd rather spend my money on something that has been flow and pressure tested...

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=23740.msg282996#msg282996 date=1274399513]
No mention of flow rates or anything, just a promise that its good for 500bhp :dontknow: ... I'd rather spend my money on something that has been flow and pressure tested...
[/quote]

Thats what i was thinking.You get what you pay for i suppose. :thumbsup: Think i'll hold off so...

Lads,
Cheap as they are, Just bare in mind that they are the single most inefficient front mounts you can buy!
Long pipe work, big bar and plate core! which effectively deflects most of the cooling air off the flat face of the bars!
Where as with tube and fins, the air is chanelled between the tubes, hence taking alot more heat away with it!
Dan

@ Dan: Aren't APS front mount done the same way?

Jaysus, Surely not???
Even as a carpenter, I can see how the tube and fin design is a lot more effecient!
Sti coolers are tube and finm, as are HKS coolers!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=23740.msg283005#msg283005 date=1274401183]
Jaysus, Surely not???
Even as a carpenter, I can see how the tube and fin design is a lot more effecient!
Sti coolers are tube and finm, as are HKS coolers!
Dan
[/quote]

99.9% sure they are

Isn't it mad how you trust a "Big name" to be the best! but more often than not, the company just doesn't put the effort in!
APS probably buy the core in from taiwan, same as RCM do with "their" headers!

What is your opinion on Bar and plate compared to tube and fin??
Dan

Obviously tube and fin would be the better option, given the choice, but I don't think its as clear cut as saying 1 way is bad and the other is good... Everything depends on dimensions, thickness' and aerodynamics... APS front mounts are flow and pressure tested with near zero drop across the cooler afaik so I don't think you can compare APS front mounts with these 'no name' brand just because they have the same rudamentary design... Small differences in the design could have a massive effect on performance...

Very true Robbie :thumbsup:

this is not availible anymore :angry1:

i e-mailed the seller today to organise payment and was told all stock has been sold,
he started a group buy had about 9 names on the list, then he posted anyone interested in buying my complete stock of about 40 fmic kits and he got a pm sent from someone and now there all sold and the thread on scoobynet has been removed,

not a great way of doing business why start the group buy in the first place...
anyway they'll come around again :thumbsup:

It was wrong of him to start a group buy alright. He should of asked the 9 people to pay for the fmic straight away and then sell the rest of them to that other person.

Back