New points

[quote author=Denis555 link=topic=14315.msg178092#msg178092 date=1239835419]
.........what is the points for no insurance?
[/quote]

Think its 4 points for no insurance, but i'm open to correction there

this is simple really.
mr quinn and his dodgy dealings with national irish
have lost him a fortune we middle earners are simply
a crop to be harvested our political leaders for want of better words
are simply idiots.
the EU wont let the insurance industry hike premiums.
so our boys after a bit of arm twisting has decided to give 50%
of us 5 points
are u get'n the hang of this
sh*t flows down hill.

Denis,I completely agree with you about cars that are potentially putting drivers or occupants at risk. As i said earlier i think the concept of a national car test is right, but it's application is flawed. They plan to bring in yearly testing for cars over 10 years of age because of their failure rates yet cars over 30 years of age are exempt from a test. What is the reasoning behind this? I think we are all agreed on the opinion that it is the severity of the points which is the real issue. Vehicle factors, i.e-faults , account for less than 1/2 a percent of road deaths yet the government seems to think they are justified in issueing them more penalty points than speeding or careless driving. Also i'd be very weary of the 3 points for not remedying a fault indicated by a failed test. After what period will this apply? Technically, if we go over the current 28 days in which to fix a fault we are as good as driving without an nct cert again because you will have to undergo a full nct again after those 28 days, and therefore liable for the 5 point penalty. As i said earlier this is typical of this government to just roll out these legislations without informing the public on exactly how they will operate. The government didn't even inform the NCT body of its plans. They only found out when worried motorists bombarded their helplines and on-line services(which ended up crashing) to see exactly what this meant!!

i think if a car has no nct then the driver should be fined maybe 150 euro and the car impounded and the driver to pay tow and storage charges and the car can only be moved by trailer /truck until it has a nct and if a car is stopped a second time driving on the road without nct then a severe penaulty or crushed ,this would be as affective ,by giving excessive points this is going to lead to higher insurance which in some cases will lead to non insured drivers who cant afford the increase and their car is still not nct !!

Back