New points

scania

Petrolheads
Five points without the nct, fookers.Does this mean that you cant drive out of the centre with any fail anymore or even get to a garage to fix it. Another way for the government to bleed us dry :icon_mad:

its coming in to force next month i think its the 1st may, and if the nct tell you to replace something and you dont its 3 points for that, :icon_rolleyes:

i must get my nct done before that comes in to force

Its another way of making money :angry1:

I bet you wont get a booking before the end of the month. Just cause your car fails on emissions doesn't mean its unsafe on the road. 5 points is extreme to say the least :new_argue:

got stopped last night, they heard the blitz comin and waited for me, had no nct, and exhaust was to loud, even with bung in. Country is a joke. I can go in with that exhaust on and will pass nct but guardi tell u its illegal. Doesnt make sense.

[quote author=christypeRA link=topic=14315.msg177100#msg177100 date=1239631306]
got stopped last night, they heard the blitz comin and waited for me, had no nct, and exhaust was to loud, even with bung in. Country is a joke. I can go in with that exhaust on and will pass nct but guardi tell u its illegal. Doesnt make sense.
[/quote]

I know what ya mean man it is a joke alright :wall:

They give less than 1 months notice for this? :angry1: :angry1:

What about the people that cant afford to make repairs to their car in time for next month but still need to get around? Its not like we are all flush with spare cash to sort things as we used to.
:angry1: :angry1:

ye it will be like everything else in this country wont be policed, and i read in the paper if you dont have an nct its 5 points, if you dont display why your car failed its 3 points, if your car is unfit for the road (failed an nct) 5 points. so if you get a sticky guard your fooked, and there is another one for 5 points just cant remember it. oh and a good laugh if you drive the wrong way up a motor way 1 point!!!!! haha

yeah i agree wit ye all its all a load of bull...... Every day we get up the government are thinkin of ways 2 screw us. God help any man or woman who comes 2 our house lookin for votes when these elections start they will get an earfull ...... :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

Its a bloody joke I know my car will fail for emission lol. So I will stick the cat in and hope it passes if not i will have to get my map tweeked and go back. But its going to be hard for people to get things fixed as people said due to the recession. They already screwed everyone with this new budget and now there going after the ordinary joe soap again.

The timing was nice too, over the bank holiday weekend.
5 points is way too high for no NCT.
Driving the wrong way around a roundabout = 1 penalty point.
Having no NCT displayed =5 penalty points. :dontknow:

it'll keep me and others busy in nixers!!!!
happy days!!!
its only once every 2 years anyway!!!

i think we can thank that fookin muppet that roofed the starlet on the N11 for this !!!!!
modified cars are dangerous with little scumbags behind the wheel !!!
:angry1: :angry1:

Simple fix to this is just get your car NCT'd like everyone else. :icon_grin:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=14315.msg177254#msg177254 date=1239659932]
[/quote]

Easier said than done Eric, wheel/headlight alignment and getting a catted exhaust to pass emissions.

My problem with this is 16 days to get everything sorted and it all comes down to the €€€€€
also 5 points is way too high for this offence, when its 1 for driving the wrong way on a motorway :wall: which is far more dangerous to others

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=14315.msg177256#msg177256 date=1239660242]
[quote author=ericsti link=topic=14315.msg177254#msg177254 date=1239659932]
[/quote]

Easier said than done Eric, wheel/headlight alignment and getting a catted exhaust to pass emissions.

My problem with this is 16 days to get everything sorted and it all comes down to the €€€€€
also 5 points is way too high for this offence, when its 1 for driving the wrong way on a motorway :wall: which is far more dangerous to others
[/quote]

5 points is to high but it's set and theres nothing we can do about it that Phil.

If you need an exchaust i'm sure someone on here can loan you one so no need to buy strate away.

I also agree that their ashower of cunts that run this country but we're screwed there to as we have no one capable of running the country in any of he other parties either so I'm afraid we're just fucked.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=14315.msg177262#msg177262 date=1239660588]
I also agree that their ashower of c***s that run this country but we're screwed there to as we have no one capable of running the country in any of he other parties either so I'm afraid we're just fucked.
[/quote]

Never a truer word spoken Eric :thumbsup:

Back