Pala

ISDC Club Member
Hi guys just become a full member of the club, my name is Pat la Roche and I’m from Wexford,
about a year ago I was doing some work in a house for a guy and came across a Subaru parked in yard! Iv always wanted a Subaru so I enquired abit about the car and turns out the keys had been lost and it was parked there for a year or more doing nothing. Away I bought the car for a steel, it is a 2003 blobeye jdm wrx ej205. After sorting out a key and abit of a detail the car is mint!! It’s completely standard never been modified, part from a hks hi power exhaust, But me been me im
Abit of a clean freak so just about a month ago iv started to strip the car so I can get a full under seal and powder coat the chassis! Iv rust on my front panel that holds the radiator that needs replacing but other than that there is no bad rust other than surface rust anywhere on the car.
also will be looking for advice as I’m wanting to make abit more power and I’m aware of the ej205 capabilities so If anyone has done a build like this any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks lads looking forward to meeting up and enjoying your company in the Future.
B4A4A459-4A84-46E1-858B-9ECAD04BC4D3.pngF197764D-C45B-4CB2-9C4D-C953619E73A9.jpeg2A01D893-1C05-43C0-A05B-B9503848D9ED.jpeg

Very nice! Welcome along man, nice to find something like that, everyone else seems to have all the luck 🤣🤣
Looking forward to the updates, any plans for it?

Welcome along to the club pat 👍👍 very nice looking blob you have 👍. Funny the way things happen Cool story 👍
The front cross member is starting to be a common issue on a lot of cars now due to age . But a new panel can be got and welded in
https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/pa...c=349&var=85&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart= ,
A good few lads are running Sti power with simple mods . Sti injectors , sti turbo fuel pump and remap .
would recommend AP performance in Galway for the remap . Very good at what he does 👍👍
Hopefully we will get out for some meets and drives shortly and get to meet up 👍👍

Welcome along pala good job on joining up should be able to see plenty of build threads from years gone by. Post up your plans and lads will steer you on the right path without going mad on the pocket if you're unsure

Very welcome along

Nice looking Blob

Nice bit of tlc going on there.

My advice is get key sorted and get used to car drive it about (as much as is possible atm) & get important service items done first all that will really stand to the car in the long run.

After a while you will get a feel for where you would would like to improve the car 👍👍

After you could do power upgrades or handling a set of Michelin/Goodyear tires suspension or brakes/strut braces different springs/Gemorery the list is endless.

Most importantly enjoy the car & welcome 👏

Thanks very much lads for your welcoming makes it much easier. At the moment as you can see from the pictures I’m stripping the car and cleaning up everything .(I’ll keep
Yous posted with updates and progress).Iv been driving the car now for the past year and honestly it’s driving like a dream.
while I’m cleaning up the car I want to get more power also. The way I’m looking at this is I want to do this right once, and so when I’m driving the car next year iv got a peace of mind.
currently thinking about doing vf35 turbo, upgrade fuel pump, pink injectors, 3 port boost, fmic, tgv deletes, and iv already got hks up pipe down pipe and cat back exhaust.
But heres my pain🙄 do I chance doing all this in the hope nothing goes wrong or would I be best off either fully forged the internals, or another idea was buy a ej207 short block from icp and just fit my heads on to it, is love something over 300hp reliable and safe. Im
Aware of the 5 speed box but with time I’ll fit a 6 speed. Am I been over the top her by worrying about the ej205 blowing Or will It be good to run 300bhp plus. Thanks guys

Apologies didn't know you had it that long.

List sounds good wouldn't bother with fmic just get a sti top mount.

Welcome Pa, I believe we have been in contact already. I have been snooping for that HKS exhaust of yours😂 I'll arrange getting down to you once this lockdown is lifted.

I'm doing some similar upgrades on my jdm bug wrx, feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions. I will get a thread going as soon as I make some headway on the project.

Welcome Pa, I believe we have been in contact already. I have been snooping for that HKS exhaust of yours😂 I'll arrange getting down to you once this lockdown is lifted.

I'm doing some similar upgrades on my jdm bug wrx, feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions. I will get a thread going as soon as I make some headway on

I'm doing some similar upgrades on my jdm bug wrx, feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions. I will get a thread going as soon as I make some headway on the project.
Well lad hope your keeping well, no problem at all that exhaust is off and there when your ready. Thanks

Plenty of lads with 300 plus on wrx block never had a bother markokavo had a seriously quick car. when you're up at the 300bhp the extra 30hp is very marglin feeling wise really want to have the nuts rung out of it. As you said car drives very well and is healthy so should do well enough with sti mods. No point getting into 3k for a block when it will handle it as is

Tha
Plenty of lads with 300 plus on wrx block never had a bother markokavo had a seriously quick car. when you're up at the 300bhp the extra 30hp is very marglin feeling wise really want to have the nuts rung out of it. As you said car drives very well and is healthy so should do well enough with sti mods. No point getting into 3k for a block when it will handle it as is
thanks gary, i Suppose it’s a peace of mind I’m after, I want to do this build and cleaning work right and I don’t want to be driving the roads later thinking to myself any min that this car is going to blow up. I’m looking forward to a good weeks long road trip in the near future and I just want to be comfortable bringing the car on that journey. 300hp and possibly a 6speed I’ll be more that happy, and I’m sure it will be a quick car, Jesus even as it is now standard it’s fun.😀

Back