New from Cork!

Duffy10

How are things, Emmet here from Cork , just picked up my first subaru after wanting for years! She's a B4 twin turbo and had been sitting for a few years when I found her, a fair bit of work to be done but I have no regrets...so far!
Thanks for reading..

Welcome along Emmet, love a B4 myself, was also my first Subaru. Where in Cork are you? I'm not far from Mallow, Charleville, Buttevant etc
Stick up few pics of the motor when you can, you'll have to use an external app to do so, imgur or something.
Direct upload is for full members only,,, hint hint ????

Welcome along, I'm also around about in cork in my legacy [emoji106]

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sound lads, living in Cobh, must try get one of ye with a B4 to park in next to my own and do some vacuum tracing to see if they go where they're suppose to ????

Sound lads, living in Cobh, must try get one of ye with a B4 to park in next to my own and do some vacuum tracing to see if they go where they're suppose to [emoji23]
I would offer but mines a twinscroll single turbo so be a bit different

Welcome along :thumbsup: Stick up a few photos of it :thumbsup:Very few b4 left now:icon_sad: there was a time when we?re as popular as Imprezas but most have disappeared over the last few year good to see your still going strong :clap::thumbsup:

Welcome along. Good to see another south member here. As above post a few pics when you have a chance :welcometotheclub::welcome::isdc:

I would offer but mines a twinscroll single turbo so be a bit different

No bother, appreciate the offer! to be honest I think the lad who owned it before me cut out one of the resistor pills in the lines and the car is going to limp mode because of this, I've spent the last week trying the get the line off subaru but with no luck and any breaker I come across either won't sell them separately or doesn't have them to begin with!

No bother, appreciate the offer! to be honest I think the lad who owned it before me cut out one of the resistor pills in the lines and the car is going to limp mode because of this, I've spent the last week trying the get the line off subaru but with no luck and any breaker I come across either won't sell them separately or doesn't have them to begin with!
I had a similar issue on my old wrx, ended up using a 0.8mm mig welding tip, stuffed into a vacuum hose. Had to drill it out slightly to achieve the correct boost pressure but worked perfectly once the right size was achieved. IIRC it was 1.1mm or something

There was a moment good few years ago that a lot of us that had a B4 at that time were either cleaning or replacing vaccum hoses. And few of those that replace them didn't realize that there were few restriction pills in them :hammerhead:

I had a similar issue on my old wrx, ended up using a 0.8mm mig welding tip, stuffed into a vacuum hose. Had to drill it out slightly to achieve the correct boost pressure but worked perfectly once the right size was achieved. IIRC it was 1.1mm or something

Jeez fair play to ya! I wouldn't know the next thing about welding so there could be some work there for ya if I don't get sorted ????

There was a moment good few years ago that a lot of us that had a B4 at that time were either cleaning or replacing vaccum hoses. And few of those that replace them didn't realize that there were few restriction pills in them :hammerhead:

I didn't realise either until your man I bought it off told me he thinks he cut out a restrictor pill :comp26:

subaru legacy.jpg

The only photo I have of her so far, more to follow as work continues!

Attachments

• subaru legacy.jpg
    subaru legacy.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 75
Nice looks very similar to my old one. has the RFRB grill too.
Here is a piece of useless info for you RFRB stands for Run Fast Run Beautiful :icon_biggrin: (a big name to live up to):Imprezaimage:

Nice car Emmet. I'm mad to get my hands on a black b4. Also just spotted is that a front mount intercooler

Last edited:
Looks lovely mate.
Yeah the RFRB look sweet on them, they're getting thin on the ground alright too.
Hope you get it all sorted mate ????????

Have a set of enkei alloy wheels that came off a legacy that say rfrb never knew what it ment :thumbsup:

Back