Nct emissions

Owain

Sunday Drivers
Well lad, had the first nct with the legacy, which unfortunately failed on emissions.. tester said the lambda on high idle wouldn't come down and the co2 was also high. He suggested that it could be the pipes are too big at the back. It has the hks? Silent power jasma stamped back box. I thought this would pass alright but could also be an issue with the join from these to the center section. Does this sound plausible?
Cheers
f3e5e25dd78f3942a15ac563a40e65a2.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

i doubt its the pipes as i have two 4 inch ganador back box's . high lambda usually means a leak somewhere. Was car good and hot going in ?

Yeah car got a good driving before hand. I thought it was odd he said about the pipes too as my wrx had a 5" can on it and it was fine. Think it could be a slight leak in the center section... In which case, does anyone have a center section for a bl5 legacy for sale?

I have one from a forester that you?re welcome to if it?s the same? I can take a photo and measurements this evening for you.

I have one from a forester that you?re welcome to if it?s the same? I can take a photo and measurements this evening for you.
If you could that'd be awesome [emoji106]

it will be different, the legacy is usually all one piece mid section from cat to after the y section and its usually at the y section they leak

it will be different, the legacy is usually all one piece mid section from cat to after the y section and its usually at the y section they leak

im talking about the twin exhaust , disregard what I said if single exit

im talking about the twin exhaust , disregard what I said if single exit

ok looked back and saw bl5 so dual exit. Nearly impossible to get the midpipe for anything less than mental money. Few have gotten custom ones fabricated by souhan's and icetronics. There was a post lately about it ,ill see can I find it.

ok looked back and saw bl5 so dual exit. Nearly impossible to get the midpipe for anything less than mental money. Few have gotten custom ones fabricated by souhan's and icetronics. There was a post lately about it ,ill see can I find it.

I second the above, Icetronix have done some work for me a few times and the work has been top notch.
They did a custom 3" cat back onto my Trust back boxes earlier this year for the legacy.
4519774da64b74d93a862022effc66e9.jpg
76cf21eaec902d20e657910a157be0b8.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

here you go

Put it up on a lift. It will be fairly easy see a leak if there is 1 . I'd start with the lamba sensor as it's not within Range I doubt the 4" pipes have anything to do with it

Yeah it's twin exit. Had some bother with the mid section before where previous owner has welded in a mild steel section which rotted out, had it fixed up in a rush but it's never been right since so reckon I'll have to get a custom bit made up.

Back