Mondello Open Track Day - Wednesday 17th March

Ian wants to go on the track but what ian wants ian duz'nt always get.. i have no cash for this so i'll be sitting it out..

Ian + having a sh*t job = Heartbroken + Sad Face
:new_puppy_dog_eyes:

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=21564.msg266978#msg266978 date=1268765686]
whats the admission on the gate??
[/quote]

Usually €10 in for the day. Should be quite a few heading down :thumbsup:

[quote author=Wrx ian link=topic=21564.msg267003#msg267003 date=1268769217]
Ian wants to go on the track but what ian wants ian duz'nt always get.. i have no cash for this so i'll be sitting it out..

Ian + having a sh*t job = Heartbroken + Sad Face
:new_puppy_dog_eyes:

[/quote]

Oh man! that sucks so much! I'd say you were realy looking forward to trying out the big brakes!!
What colour pads did you get?? If black, they will melt onto the disc at track temps destroying €350 of pads, Get yourself a set of yellows for track only use!
Come on down, I'll bring you out for a few laps,
Dan

ah good old day, just going threw pics will get them up later, good turn out from wot i saw, where did every one go after lunch didnt see any one after wards??

and dan and ciaran doing there usual, dan very sideways and ciaran passing out every one else well done lads :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
What a day!
Great craic on track, nice and busy in the morning, not so much after lunch,
Some of the ITCC cars (Irish Touring Cars) out in the morning, I was hearing about a great bit of dicing between Barry Rabbit and Brian Sexton, both in DC2 Integra type R's
Shame I didn't see it! Hopefully Noeler has a few pics?? He was out most of the day getting something like 600 pics!! fair play, I look forward to seeing them!!

Ciaran and myself had some brake issues, He had a worn wheel bearing that meant he could never have convidence in brakes, but still feckin flying, his little Uno race car looked like a bit of craic as well!
I had 3 year old fluid in the car! I changed everything in the car, Discs, pads, brake ducts , But stupidly never thought to change fluid!
So I got a couple of laps in and then pretty suddenly no feckin brakes at all! pedal to the floor, of course approaching a bend when I hit the brakes, no brakes there so dropped to second (at 140kph) grabbing the hand brake, pumping the pedal! I got away with it, So got back to the pits, bled the brakes, and back out,
In the middle of the pack, from the pits, fought my way up through the pack to the front 2 cars, It took 4-5 laps of hard driving, thinking I had good brakes, then as I dived into a small gap between them approaching Tarzan 1 (coming down the hill from the fastest part of the track to a tight right angle right hander) had a bit of a spongey pedal, It will be grand I thought,
Back up the hill towards the S bends, and went for brakes, Nothing there at all! top end of 3rd gear, dropped to second, tried to take the bend, not a hope, straight off the track backwards into the gravel, In a RWD skyline with no towing eye on the front :doh: Buried to the axles, every body driving past waving, f**kers, so really gently with the clutch and slowly managed to work her out of the gravel,
Otherwise She ran great, I had the boost turned down to 0.9bar (she's mapped to 1.1) but fresh engine and everything, I wanted to take her handy! she was still spinning the wheel half way down the main straight! :icon_biggrin: (delighted)
I'm still Buzzing! Great to see so many ISDC heads down there, Myself and Noeler got the Flag flying,
Can't wait for the next one!
Dan

it was funny hearing you say no brakes coming in to that bend dan, have to say was savage tho seen you droppin the gears and pullin hand brake in less than a second, get that video up, i wana have another laugh. thanks for the spin, brillant pilot

Great to have you aboard Justin, Good to meet you man!
I should have saw it coming though!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=21564.msg267201#msg267201 date=1268860044]
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
What a day!
Great craic on track, nice and busy in the morning, not so much after lunch,
Some of the ITCC cars (Irish Touring Cars) out in the morning, I was hearing about a great bit of dicing between Barry Rabbit and Brian Sexton, both in DC2 Integra type R's
Shame I didn't see it! Hopefully Noeler has a few pics?? He was out most of the day getting something like 600 pics!! fair play, I look forward to seeing them!!

Ciaran and myself had some brake issues, He had a worn wheel bearing that meant he could never have convidence in brakes, but still feckin flying, his little Uno race car looked like a bit of craic as well!
I had 3 year old fluid in the car! I changed everything in the car, Discs, pads, brake ducts , But stupidly never thought to change fluid!
So I got a couple of laps in and then pretty suddenly no feckin brakes at all! pedal to the floor, of course approaching a bend when I hit the brakes, no brakes there so dropped to second (at 140kph) grabbing the hand brake, pumping the pedal! I got away with it, So got back to the pits, bled the brakes, and back out,
In the middle of the pack, from the pits, fought my way up through the pack to the front 2 cars, It took 4-5 laps of hard driving, thinking I had good brakes, then as I dived into a small gap between them approaching Tarzan 1 (coming down the hill from the fastest part of the track to a tight right angle right hander) had a bit of a spongey pedal, It will be grand I thought,
Back up the hill towards the S bends, and went for brakes, Nothing there at all! top end of 3rd gear, dropped to second, tried to take the bend, not a hope, straight off the track backwards into the gravel, In a RWD skyline with no towing eye on the front :doh: Buried to the axles, every body driving past waving, f**kers, so really gently with the clutch and slowly managed to work her out of the gravel,
Otherwise She ran great, I had the boost turned down to 0.9bar (she's mapped to 1.1) but fresh engine and everything, I wanted to take her handy! she was still spinning the wheel half way down the main straight! :icon_biggrin: (delighted)
I'm still Buzzing! Great to see so many ISDC heads down there, Myself and Noeler got the Flag flying,
Can't wait for the next one!
Dan
[/quote]

Haha fair play dan!! i can drift the whole main stright most times theses days (great feelin!!)

Wats the spec on ur skyline??

She's an R32 gts-t got an rb25 out of a R33, with fresk piston rings and bearings and stuff,
She's got a turbo dynamics hybrid turbo rated to 390-400bhp @ 1.4bar, autobahn front mount, Full 3"/3.5" de-cat Apexi exhaust, Apexi Power FC ECU, KYB coilovers, Ebc Discs and pads, half stripped out!
Currently mapped at 1.1 bar and running 334bhp 337lb/ft at CDA I ran her at 0.9 bar for the trackday because of the fresh engine!
I'll get her tweeked to her full potential for the next trackday! :lol:
They kept threatening the black flag all day, and to be honest, I'm amazed I got away with half the stuff I was doing! :icon_biggrin:
Worth mentioning, She used a tank and a half of petrol on the day!
Dan

its no wonder the open days get such a bad name dan

would you be not better off doing the drifting day incase they do black flag you and you cant continue

I'm sure they were only joking with the black flag, as they didn't even say anything, just laughed and pointed a couple of times when I exit dunlop with lots of tyre smoke! It was all in good spirits!
Maybe I should have posted that more clearly!
Apoligies for the misunderstanding! :thumbsup:
In my own opinion!!!!! Open days just have a bad name with lads that think that they (or there car) is to good to mix with "lesser" cars
I have never ever subscibed to that, I will quite happily get out on track with an one, even when the forester wasn't even a year old!
Keep an eye on the lads around you and keep out of the way of trouble!!

I "get away" with what I do because I stay away from people when I'm having the craic! I rarely exceed my own level of ability or loose it, and If someone comes up behind me, then I pull in and let them past, when the coast is clear, I proceed to have the craic, I have only once in 5 years of track days required assistance on track that inconvinienced the pit crew!

With the exception of my sudden brake failure on track yesterday, there was no situation that would have been concidered dangerous or inconvinient to anybody! :thumbsup:

And they don't even use half the track for the drift days! I would get bored pretty quick!!

It's all good my friend!
Dan

well dan i'd just like to say i wasn't at all happy with your carry on yesterday, from driving behind you i reckon i now have the lungs of a 60 year old smoker :icon_lol:. you need to get rid of them sh*t brake pads

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=21564.msg267304#msg267304 date=1268915258]
She's an R32 gts-t got an rb25 out of a R33, with fresk piston rings and bearings and stuff,
She's got a turbo dynamics hybrid turbo rated to 390-400bhp @ 1.4bar, autobahn front mount, Full 3"/3.5" de-cat Apexi exhaust, Apexi Power FC ECU, KYB coilovers, Ebc Discs and pads, half stripped out!
Currently mapped at 1.1 bar and running 334bhp 337lb/ft at CDA I ran her at 0.9 bar for the trackday because of the fresh engine!
I'll get her tweeked to her full potential for the next trackday! :lol:
They kept threatening the black flag all day, and to be honest, I'm amazed I got away with half the stuff I was doing! :icon_biggrin:
Worth mentioning, She used a tank and a half of petrol on the day!
Dan
[/quote]

Nice1 sounds like a bit of a beast!
wat diff is in it??
i was going to go down the rb25 routh
but found out it makes the s13 to frount heavy
so just got a stroker kit (sr22 :icon_grin:) and big turbo instead :smile:
how many tyres did ya go true on the day?

What kinda power is the S13 now?
I'd say I only used about 80% of one set of rear hankook ventus RS2's
Very good wearing tyre!

:lol: I thought you were serious for a second, :lol:
I did try to smoke screen you when I saw your pug approaching in the mirror! :icon_grin:
Dan

Savage pictures Dan! :icon_headbang: Think that's me in passenger seat of the second picture :ponder2: :icon_grin:

Back