Mondello Open Track Day - Wednesday 17th March

Maybe they figure they can fill the paddy's day one because everyone is out on paddy's day and they might drop the prices more for the following track days :dontknow: .. there wasn't exactly a big uptake on the day in January..

I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there Robbie!
Dan

When its 99 pounds for a day at kirkistown, €300 doesnt look all that inviting here.......

Never been on a track day, planning on doing my first in april in kirkistown, unless a mondello one comes up that suits better time wise.
Work in Mayo mon-fri so weekdays are out for me.

Anyone know the blue sti "03 MO 555?"

Howdy!
It's €250 for the day in mondello,
Which is twice the price of Kirkistown!
But it is more then twice the track and it has much more relivance to real road driving, with 15 completely different bends and lots of gradiant, camber and surface changes!!
I've done Kirkistown, And frankly, I got bored after half a day and I wore away my two left tyres!
Just my opinion! but mondello is worth it!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=21564.msg263289#msg263289 date=1267544729]
Howdy!
It's €250 for the day in mondello,
Which is twice the price of Kirkistown!
But it is more then twice the track and it has much more relivance to real road driving, with 15 completely different bends and lots of gradiant, camber and surface changes!!
I've done Kirkistown, And frankly, I got bored after half a day and I wore away my two left tyres!
Just my opinion! but mondello is worth it!
Dan
[/quote]

Hmm, you make a good case. And its a lot closer to home!
I'll have to bide my time an see when the next weekend or bank hol Monday one is on.
I like the sound of an Open pit lane alright.

How juice did you get through in a full day in the forester?
I was guessing, that a full tank and another 40L would do the job......Am I way off?

My sti is running about 330/330.

You'll be grand with that!
I bring a tank and 70L with me, And I drive home with about half a tank left, I get fuel starvation with less than half!
Dan

Lovely hurley.

Was thinkin of bringin the car on a trailer behind the Jeep. Just in case!!
Although, might that be tempting fate...... :ponder2:

Just keep the fingers crossed and :pray:

bumpity bump...

Pre-Mondello breakfast in Johnstown Inn from 9am. Best breakfast on the east coast :wazzup:

250 euro is daylight robbery!!
Why is it so expensive??

Iv been there drifting about 10 or 11 times in the last 8 months and its only 140 for a full day...

Ive managed to get booked in on the 7th of May with another forum group, and they're letting me bring the sti!

Can't wait, never done one before.
Now to get the car NCT'd, taxed, 4-wheel aligned, timing belt and full service done and get the de-cat back on....hmmmm

not goin to make this, power steering started leaking again and clutch master cylinder still not right.
too much to do and no moneys to do it :icon_twisted:

Skyline is all sorted now,
I can't feckin wait!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
the 2 year old track tyres are like plastic, maybe a couple of laps will soften them up again, :icon_biggrin:
Dan

Bags a few laps of you Dan tomorrow as a passenger if that is ok. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyone needing a membership pack can they PM myself and I will bring them along with me. :thumbsup:

It's open pit all day,
So I'll be in and out a lot, (up and down like a yo yo!!, what would you say for in and out??)
I have My Dad out for the first spin, after that all welcome, one at a time! :icon_grin:
I can't wait, I'm like a big giddy kid here!
Dan

Defo want a passenger lap in the Skyline Dan :icon_grin: Just don't nearly kill me this time...... :lol:

Steve.

Well the only thing that saved us last time was the AWD of the Foz, I think,
We'll have to see tomorrow! I hope it stays dry,
Dan

Back