Modding WRX... worth it or waste of money ?

What Dan is really saying here is that newage is the choice of many a mid life crisis man :lol: :lol:
Yep agree with you totally there Dan, new age design was totally aimed at matching or beating evo 7 up interior, styling, etc etc, and they done a real good job, they have a lot more refinement in all aspects, power delivery is different with more top end rather the neck snapn low revs classic sti, i do sometime yern for the comfort and luxurys, but there something about the classics, and if you love the feel and drive and rawness of a classic you probably wont like the refinement of new age, kinda like whether you like a raw low morels anything goes woman for a quicky or a sensible quite respectable to go to cinema with :icon_grin: whats your preference Dan, you love em big and chunky, respectable looking but has plenty of go in her :thumbsup:?????

Less of the big and chunky :naughty:
I like em so they look respectable and quiet, and anything goes when I want her to!  :icon_biggrin:

So you like em skinny that give you a quick uncomfortable ride! :lol:
What are we talking about again?

Dan

We may see can we get tat classic song I LIKE BIG BUTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!!! played over pa as you come around last bend and down the pit straigh 2mro :icon_grin: wndr does anyone here hae the contacts to make this happen :icon_biggrin: Oh yea i like em raw, light weight, tight, and best of all arse happy :dance::thumbsup: i mean type r with dccd of course :icon_grin:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=12642.msg155011#msg155011 date=1234314195]
I wouldnt say that was on standard heads or block do Dan, would they stick that power? that be like @120bhp increase. Be like an sti engine running @390bhp
[/quote][tt][/tt]

KEN
that wrx belongs to wrx ian as has standard wrx engine with bigger injectors,18g turbo and sti intercooler and pushes 310 bhp...
my sti has 307bhp on standard except decat and remap so to answer question the wrx can handle the power up to 350 i think!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

think a lot of us intrested in power are wanting to go close to 390 on standard internals and box, before upgrading.
i am anyway, :icon_grin:
if from what iv read here once its looked after, things should be fine. for a while. :icon_grin:

dont every manufactuer limit the power of there cars something like 40%.

hi guy's,, thought it was time i put my bit in,,
Dave the legend, in Sti tuning, took my car off me standard, its now running..
18G turbo,
De-cat H&S all the way back,
K&N Short Ram Induction,
550cc Injectors,
Walbro Fuel Pump,
STi V8 TMIC,
High Sequential Dumper,
Maped for 98 befor the RR day,, 311Bhp
Now Mapped for E5,, i reckon its putting out 330/340bhp now. not just from the map but that there was a little bit of tweeking... i am in love with my car and its a credit to sti tuning. Thank You Dave,,
:653:

i'm going for a new block + Gbox + Diff in the next few months..
nothing wrong with my block but i want 450Bhp,, and i will get it,, :icon_razz: or should i say i'll do nothing and dave will get me the horses, :thumbsup:

we all want it but it gets very dear after 400 on a classic anyway.
but sure in 20 years time well all have 450+ in our old cars and the young lads will be looking at us. :lol:

They looking already, my little project is near ready now if anyone interested. getting a new map done by the master himself, Andy forrest on 26th. my big worries is will gear box stick it. i basically had Damos old car, and ive stripped it and rebuilt it all into a 00 type r. in Damos car, she was dynod at 412bhp an 420ftlbs of torque, and that at only 1.4, and they more left in here how clutch and gearbox will handle more i dont know, it was mapd conservetly last time, and had a small prob with cel flash so timing taken back a bit, think it over sensitive knock sensor, gonna try a new one tis time, thinking of telling andy to let her at it b fokd and see what she can do :ponder:

@fatherted

yes as wrx ian has said power and reliablilty is there for your car to the 340bhp level... Torque similer 330/340 lb/ft assuming clutch is original subaru in good nick and not a cheaper lower grade change..

@kenc

it was very bad spec-ing on your car that equaled a poor response in the car? who spec-ed your new age wrx to preform as it did?

have the standard type r box so dont know what she say to 430bhp and prob samme or more torque.. cud sh*t itself.
not sure dave tbh, i took it as a trade in, think it was only a 16g turbo and could hace been a tired irish engine.. i know a standard 180sx cud beat it over quarter mile, and that with him rwd. able for a 2ltr type r civic but only bout 3 or 4 car lenghts, it wasnt a good experience :wall: funny thing, guy i sold it too thought it was mental to go, depends on what you drove previous i guess. That wrx is good going Dave, fair play to ya, :thumbsup: i had no idea the standard internals would cope with that jump

KENC...........really looking forward to seen your car when she's done :thumbsup:

If i take a few pic's of you lapping Dan at Mondello :tongue: :tongue: will you bring me for a
few laps (...as a passenger) , :pray: :pray:

Go-On........ i promise not to touch any of the buttons on the dash , and if you like I could
bring my CB. :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

Niall.

Ah dont know now Niall, heard Dan is gone mad tuning, heard he bought a special glove the other day, aparently its ment to be a savage yoke :icon_lol: getting mapped on 26th with Andy F and am tinking of eiter 17" bronze rota torques or gold revolution mileniums, cant get a real pic of rota torques on a classic ne where. A lot of work in it this time, last closet amount of work i had was my las 2dr, the 99 type r vlimited, that span.555 bought of me, there is such amount of changing around and at minute for some reason rad fans are kicking up :wall: spending a bit moretime this time fixing wires better and not just having things hanging around in cock pit, i probably wont chance pulling inlet off befor 26th, just incase something goes wrong and i cant get mapped, but i am planning on getting inlet painted a candy red colour, and maybe things like parralel fuel rails, injector caps in candy blue, the inlet was sand blasted and there no paint on it and it can look a bit rough wen you pop the hood, just have spent a bit more time mounting stuff and all. Amazing how every little chane can make so much more work, had to cut a section odf the bonnet reinforcement frame so bonnet would close down over reversed inlet, there is nothing straight forward

hey not just cuz i sell them but millennium are cheeper 2 replace,, if its a track car like... torque are the nicer looking wheel but,, gor a track car,, cost comes 1st.. 10.8 kg also..

Back