McRae Tribute Ireland Pictures (Massive pic Heavy)

excellent pics , love the white scooby with white alloys , thats mad sh1t with the cloned car , what are the chances ? :ponder2:

deserves everything he gets :icon_hang: :icon_hang:

So what happened?

The cloned car was stolen previously and false plates put on it. The cloned car (with false plates) and the car with the real plates turn up at the same event...... Wow.

Is it possible the owner of the cloned car bought it not knowing about the plates, and now is going to out of pocket?

Their saying on the other site that it was a crash repair import but for obvious reasons thats all they can say for now.

Guys....first of all THANKYOU to EVERYONE who took the time to come up for this meet......although NOT a Scoobyireland event, it was nice to see both ISDC and Scoobyireland supporting the venture by Scubbay. Scubbay put a lot of time, effort and MONEY into providing free stickers etc for the event, so it was great to see such a large turnout........ CHEERS!!!!!!!

The cloned car thing was relatively strightforward, and the info I got before leaving is as follows, so as not to turn into chinese whispers LOL

The original car is owned by a scoobyireland site member and has been from new, it is fully legal and much loved 2007 WRX with very few mods........

The cloned car "apparently" was a damaged import from Japan, bought from a salvage yard and repaired.It is a 2005 STI Jap Spec. The new "owner" has never registered the vehicle ANYWHERE, and so it is not TAXED SVA'd / MOT'd...or INSURED :( The original car was spotted in Belfast, and the plates noted, these were then made up and attached to the cloned car....any police check would have come back as " A blue Subaru Impreza, fully taxed insured and registered".......

The odds of finding the 2 cars parked less than 50 metres from each other????????? But speaks volumes about the criminal. If you cloned a Scoob, would you take it to one of the largest scoob meets in your local area??

The "criminal" was arrested...and is being interviewed for either 6 or 7 offences.....

Didnt put a dampener on my day, as I had to head intowork at 1400 anyways, and did to convoy in the morning purely to put names to faces of the ISDC guys before next week!!! Hope fully you all enjoyed yourselves and roll on Japfest when you get your own back as we get lost, and have the pi$$ taken out of our accents for the day !!!!!!!

Cheers and thanks again !

Thats mad about the cloned car. Probably more chance of winning the lotto.

Pretty much just reiterating what brocks has said...

thanks for coming up...made the day that bit more enjoyable and was good to get talking to a few of ya's!! Some real nice cars you lot have!!

:beerbang:

[quote author=brocks link=topic=9229.msg109695#msg109695 date=1220268465]
Hope fully you all enjoyed yourselves and roll on Japfest when you get your own back as we get lost, and have the pi$$ taken out of our accents for the day !!!!!!!

Cheers and thanks again !
[/quote]

"You took the piss out of our accents." :angry1: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a great day Brooks. As I said on scooby ireland "put me in a subaru and I'm happy. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks man. :thumbsup: :subaru:

Back